• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

amiibo Festival This is BS!

Yea, I saw this a little earlier as well. It really bothers me, if this becomes a trend for nintendo, using popular villagers to make a larger profit, it will complete draw me away from the game. Hopefully in the future, they will start releasing these figures as stand-alone's. But until then, I will just stay away from the game.

Yea, I saw this a little earlier as well. It really bothers me, if this becomes a trend for nintendo, using popular villagers to make a larger profit, it will complete draw me away from the game. Hopefully in the future, they will start releasing these figures as stand-alone's. But until then, I will just stay away from the game.

I just wanted the Isabelle amiibo as I don't have a wiiu yet, but TBH I honestly am not buying a game just so I can get a figure that will turn up on eBay soon enough.

I guess this is so a load of people don't just scalp the more popular ones or just buy Isabelle and not actually own the game or make use of it, meaning there would be less out there for people who'd actually use it to play as her in the game.

As for the 3-pack, I honestly think it's better to package Reese and Cyrus together anyway, since Cyrus is kinda an add-on to Reese, but K.K. hasn't seemed too popular so that choice is quite strange, at least to me. Nook or even Mable would've probably fit better with them. Maybe they put K.K. in there so we had to get him (even if we didn't particularly want to) , because he's a 'staple character' of the series, even though he may not be that popular.

As for the 3-pack, I honestly think it's better to package Reese and Cyrus together anyway, since Cyrus is kinda an add-on to Reese, but K.K. hasn't seemed too popular so that choice is quite strange, at least to me. Nook or even Mable would've probably fit better with them. Maybe they put K.K. in there so we had to get him (even if we didn't particularly want to) , because he's a 'staple character' of the series, even though he may not be that popular.

IMO Lottie should be packaged with Reese and Cyrus, not kk slider, coz that would've made a lot more sense since she's a new character also. He's just such a weird choice to be with them, coz like you said, he's a pretty staple character to the series, and they're basically slapping him in with two new comers?? It's just weird tbh.

I think Super Mario Brothers series Mario with red base was only available in the bundle at first so there's still hope for Isabelle and Digby.

I'm not sure about the three pack though, hopefully they're released separately at some point. It makes sense for Reese and Cyrus to be together. Coach makes a good point at how this stops scalping as both popular and less popular characters will have to come together so no one can hoard just one of them for rarity.

I think an Isabelle/KK/Tom Nook bundle for the 'staples' would have been super popular and convenient but eh.

I think an Isabelle/KK/Tom Nook bundle for the 'staples' would have been super popular and convenient but eh.

Honestly, I think this would have been better and more what I personally pictured. It only makes sense, really.

They put KK with Reese and Cyrus and Isabelle as a bundle to prevent scalping, make it more exclusive, and also to boost sales of new characters. I agree it kind of sucks they're forcing it onto you, but I don't mind it because I wanted AF anyway, and the bundle just makes me want it even more. tbh even if I end up hating the game, I'll still be really happy with the amiibo. I have a feeling that eventually they'll release them individually, cause in other countries they do I think?

Thats so strange cause alot of different online sites atleast in norway have listed all of the amiibos as seperates!

Norwegian website: Gamezone and all of the animal crossing amiibos!

But i am buying the bundles as i want them all and save my money where i can as the price for a single animal crossing amiibo is insane compared to non animal crossing amiibo! and called out the online sites on it and most of them just responeded thanks to a weak krone (norwegian currencies) towards dollar thats the reason of the price hike! but why only on those amiibos? -_-

I have a feeling that eventually they'll release them individually, cause in other countries they do I think?

Yes, that's right. Europe's getting all eight separately. At least the UK is anyway - I've Reese preordered alone.

Last edited:
Back