• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Official Homework Help Thread

With this theorem you generally want to square side A and side B. (This is A^2 and B^2). Then you add them together.

This gives you C^2, but that doesn't tell you the exact value for side C. To find that, you have to "undo" the exponent for C. This is done by finding the Square Root of C.

So in short, this is how you solve for C: Sqrt(A^2+B^2)=C

I think I understand, hopefully he'll teach us tomorrow and I'll ask questions/ pay attention. Thx!

Hello there, I need some help with a physics question.

"A rocket of total mass 3700kg is travelling in outer space with a velocity of 110m/s toward the sun. It wishes to alter its course by 35.0 degrees, and can do this by firing its rocket briefly in a direction perpendicular to its original motion. If the rocket gases are expelled at a speed of 1900m/s, how much mass must be expelled?"

I'm quite confused as to how I'm supposed to approach or solve this as whatever answer I keep getting doesn't match the answer key in the back of the textbook. The topic we're working on right now is momentum if that helps.

Last edited:
a little bump because this apparently exists?
Apparently!
Anyone need papers read? I'm a teacher irl and editor. Majored in education and minored in English lit.
I'm no good at math sorry.

Last edited:
okay hopefully someone great at calculus comes on within the next several hours bc i have an exam tomorrow and i have no idea how to solve this

Solve the differential equation:
1+xy=xy'

i've gotten up to here with the integration factor (if i'm doing it right) but i don't know how i'm supposed to integrate this
e^(-x)(y'-y) = (1/x)(e^-x)

ye you were correct up to that point, but you miss the whole reason for using the integration factor, which is to set up a situation where u can apply the product rule to simplify the integration on the left

M-YIPt0zhBnXPyqYyxL2SxzoRMZoHXe2ag3vcuY2iXo

altho, i have a feeling the question itself was wrong cuz the solution involves Ei, the expontential integral which is on the complex plane. i ran it thru wolfram too and it gave the same solution

Last edited:
If anyone needs help with French and basic grade 11-University chemistry titrations I'm here!

I take all my courses in French and am exceptionally gifted in chem (Yay!!)

I need a little help on my Geometry homework. It's about Inverse Trigonometric Ratios.

I'm stuck on problem #20.

IMG_1620.jpg

I've labeled the sides' relationship to m<61. I've tried to work it out, but I'm not sure how to solve it.

Also, I need help solving #17 and #18, I just don't know how to do those either:

IMG_1632.jpg

thx to person who bumped this. now i can post here about my homework and anyone can help me out with since i'm younger than a lot of ppl here! yaayy

I need a little help on my Geometry homework. It's about Inverse Trigonometric Ratios.

I'm a physics nerd so help is on the way :,)

For the first one, I believe since the sides are Opposite/Adjacent, it would be tan(56?)=x/48. From there you can solve for x.

For the second one, DM would be found the same way as above since it's opp/adj (but this time you need to be careful because the side with the number is the opposite side, so it would be 21/x).
DV is the hypotenuse, which is found using the Pythagorean Theorem (a^2+b^2=c^2).

Hope that helps my friend :D

Last edited:
I'm a physics nerd so help is on the way :,)

For the first one, I believe since the sides are Opposite/Adjacent, it would be tan(56?)=x/48. From there you can solve for x.

For the second one, DM would be found the same way as above since it's opp/adj (but this time you need to be careful because the side with the number is the opposite side, so it would be 21/x).
DV is the hypotenuse, which is found using the Pythagorean Theorem (a^2+b^2=c^2).

Hope that helps my friend :D

Alright, so for the first problem, would we use tan ^(-1) for it? :confused:

Hmm...alright, so this is how I solved the other two. Did I do these correctly?

IMG_1635.jpg

Last edited:
Alright, so for the first problem, would we use tan ^(-1) for it? :confused:

Hmm...alright, so this is how I solved the other two. Did I do these correctly?

Yep, the last two problems are done correctly.

For the first one, you would just multiply tan56 by 48 to solve for x.

Bumping this up to ask if there's anyone who's familiar with fundamental concepts of math? (I'm not sure what to call it but that's what my course is called orz) I need help with a proof

Back