• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

amiibo Festival Is Amiibo Festival going to the only AC game for the wii U?

Dan716

Bells
Just wondering if Amiibo Festival will be the only Animal Crossing game for the wii u of will we get a real one too????

No one knows.

I'd say that if there isn't something announced by E3 next year then there wont be one.

This is just speculation on my part so make what you want of it.

Seeing as Nintendo has released a Animal Crossing-game on each console, I truly believe that there were going to be one for the WiiU too. But since the WiiU has been anything but successful and is already considered "dead", the game has probably been moved on to the "NX". The way I see it Amiibo Festival is Nintendos way of saying 'Sorry. You're not gettin ACWiiU. Please have this instead.'
So, what I'm basically saying is that the WiiU is not getting a new Animal Crossing because it's userbase is too low.

This is just speculation on my part so make what you want of it.

Seeing as Nintendo has released a Animal Crossing-game on each console, I truly believe that there were going to be one for the WiiU too. But since the WiiU has been anything but successful and is already considered "dead", the game has probably been moved on to the "NX". The way I see it Amiibo Festival is Nintendos way of saying 'Sorry. You're not gettin ACWiiU. Please have this instead.'
So, what I'm basically saying is that the WiiU is not getting a new Animal Crossing because it's userbase is too low.

Exactly what i think. Considering that the NX is coming pretty soon now,i think that AC Wii U,Zelda and a new Mario that just had to be in the making(3D Land was great but not a main series one,was there ever a Nintendo console without a main series Mario game?)Were all pushed to the NX as launch titles. What better way to start recovering the losses than an NX launch like that?

No of course not. There is another AC game for the Nintendo Wii U and it is in the spoiler.
91gsdQkhqgL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
I hope it is... because I don't want to buy a Wii-U just to play an Animal Crossing game xD

Plus, AC is better as a handheld anyway :D

I hope not. Although I do prefer Animal Crossing as a handheld, I also want to play it on Wii U. (Off TV play means I can basically have it as a handheld in my own home which is where I play the most - I just lose local multiplayer and Streetpass).

If a Wii U animal crossing releases and has connectivity with New Leaf, that would be awesome.

As far as I see it, a lot of the Animal Crossing team worked on Splatoon. And I believe a lot of them are working on amiibo festival and Happy Home Designer. So I don't think there's much time left to develop a game for Wii U. They might be saving it for the next console anyways - handheld or portable.

I agree that if we don't hear anything by next E3 then it is unlikely since Animal Crossing is a game to be announced ahead of release for hype, not a few months in advance for a bombshell drop.

I hope it is... because I don't want to buy a Wii-U just to play an Animal Crossing game xD

Plus, AC is better as a handheld anyway :D

This is my view on it. Selfish I know. xD
I had purchased City Folk but barely played it. I played Wild World a lot more.

I don't know, because really every console has to have one main title and maybe one spin-off title.
Animal Crossing did started on a console, though i do agree it works well on a handheld.

If Amiibo Festival is the only AC game on the Wii U, then it'll be disappointing.
Since it just there in the corner with wii u party games with no online, and although AF from what I heard did try to do some things new, it doesn't do enough to stand out from other party games.

I really really really really hope that's true. No really :p. I love being able to take AC wherever I go and would have nothing to do on holiday if it was going to be console.

I think it is not from a business point of view. I mean it sells really well and they could earn loads of money by making a game for Wii U.

I hope not. Even though I don't have a Wii U (yet), I would really like a main game for the console. I'm sure they would make one.

It'd be nice, but at the same time I'd probably prefer to keep it handheld...plus with their next console anticipated there's a chance they'd just skip over the WiiU and put it on that instead.

A WiiU would have the benefit of the gamepad this time though, and not the awkward system the Wii version had ;o

Just wondering if Amiibo Festival will be the only Animal Crossing game for the wii u of will we get a real one too????

No, amiibo Festival will not be the only Animal Crossing game for Wii U.

See these 2 posts I wrote here for details.
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...bo-Festival!&p=5819604&viewfull=1#post5819604

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...bo-Festival!&p=5835967&viewfull=1#post5835967

The first link details the general timeline for Animal Crossing releases.
The second link details extensive industry history that informs you that Wii U WILL be available for a long time to come & that NX is not its replacement. Which guarantee that a mainline Animal Crossing WILL release for Wii U.

It's a lot of reading but the answer will be as clear as polished glass once you read them.
John Lucas

Back