• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

College

KCourtnee

Bells
So I know there are a lot of high schoolers here... But what about college students?

Who else is in college? This semester (hopefully I can't register on time, just waiting for a license with my current address to come in the mail) I'm starting on the path to my career as a Dietician. I've been to college a couple times before, not really knowing what at I wanted to do. I also didn't take it as seriously as I should have. I was partying too much and skipping class because of hang overs. BUT!!! I'm past that part of my life and I'm ready to get things serious. I'm 22 and I ain't gettin any younger!

A couple years ago I took a basic nutrition class for my science class and I fell in love. I was already into the healthy lifestyle and this class really opened up my eyes. I never knew how naive I was about some of the "foods" we eat until I took this course. Now, two and a half years after that course, I'm finally in a better point in life and am ready to get my life going, starting with my pre-requisites. Currently I'm on the wa to an associates in science and once I'm closer to that goal, I'll start applying for dietics programs, where I will the. Have to take courses that have to do with food and nutrition, along with an internship.

:) I'd like to read some of y'all's goals!

Yeah like I wanna work fast food the rest of my life lol no thanks! When I'm done with school I'll be doin something I love AND making good money I can actually live on :)

Yay! I'm also in university and will be going back to school next week after a year off. So incredibly nervous about it. I think a lot of people around our (I'm 23) age tend to feel like it's time to start being serious about going to school to pursue an actual career. Are you just starting your science degree this year or have you been working towards it for a while? If you've ever taken time off school I'd be curious to know how your adjustment was getting started again :)

Yay! I'm also in university and will be going back to school next week after a year off. So incredibly nervous about it. I think a lot of people around our (I'm 23) age tend to feel like it's time to start being serious about going to school to pursue an actual career. Are you just starting your science degree this year or have you been working towards it for a while? If you've ever taken time off school I'd be curious to know how your adjustment was getting started again :)

I'm just starting it. I guess my basic nutrition class could be considered partially working towards it because it can be my science course for my degree.

I'll also be starting my 3rd year in college on the 26th. My major is general business and I'm not minoring in anything. I just switched majors last year and I'm still unsure of if I want to major in a more specific business subject or not, but maybe I'll figure it out after these next two semesters.

So far, I've enjoyed college about ten times more than I ever enjoyed high school. I find the people are more laid back and friendly. The only downside is lots of stress that comes with workloads from classes and freaking out once finals roll around since they all take place in the same week. High school was really easy for me, but I'd never go back now that I've been in college :p

Last edited:
Heading into my first year of university taking Computer Science! Super stoked to start as I finally get a bunch of courses of something I love!

I'm just going to get my associates this year in general studies, and taking a private medical school program somewhere else to learn medical coding c: Once I pass my exam, I'll do the job I like and goto school on the side to get the associates

I didn't know what I wanted to do straight out of high school either, but now I've got my goal and going to work hard for it!

One thing I realized about college... Nearly everyone cheats lol. My old dorm roommate took anatomy and physiology 1 and 2 and would always talk to her classmates about getting old tests and studying them so they can pass the exam. So many people I met cheated it was ridiculous.

Last edited:
One thing I realized about college... Nearly everyone cheats lol. My old dorm roommate took anatomy and physiology 1 and 2 and would always talk to her classmates about getting old tests and studying them so they can pass the exam. So many people I met cheated it was ridiculous.

Is that cheating? A lot of my profs in undergrad would upload tests from previous years for students to practice. I mean if they just used the same tests every year I guess it would be cheating but that would kind of be the prof's fault for being lazy.

I'm entering as a freshman this year. :) I'll be studying biology and ideally would like to go on to veterinary school, but I think botany's pretty cool too and might do something with that instead if I decide I don't wanna go the vet school route.

I'm starting college in two weeks. I'm planning to go into information systems and technology and become a software developer. Pretty excited about the freedom to wear what you want (pajamas) in class and implementing more technology.

I'm very unsure about college, and I need to start GETTING sure about it because this is my senior year and this is it.

For one thing, I have an autistic little brother that does NOT want to part with me, so I don't know how living in a dorm would be like... and for another thing, the whole idea of college just kinda scares me a bit. Things like students loans, debt, all of that just makes me feel frightened to even get into the idea of college. I also have no idea WHERE to start, how to start, what to look for, or anything, and my anxiety loves to get the better of me when it comes to reaching out. I feel like I should go, like I have to go, because everyone does that after school, right? Well, not everyone, but yeah. I'm just lost.

Is that cheating? A lot of my profs in undergrad would upload tests from previous years for students to practice. I mean if they just used the same tests every year I guess it would be cheating but that would kind of be the prof's fault for being lazy.

I meant that they had the answers to old tests and he did use the same final and mid term every year from what I heard.

I'm very unsure about college, and I need to start GETTING sure about it because this is my senior year and this is it.

For one thing, I have an autistic little brother that does NOT want to part with me, so I don't know how living in a dorm would be like... and for another thing, the whole idea of college just kinda scares me a bit. Things like students loans, debt, all of that just makes me feel frightened to even get into the idea of college. I also have no idea WHERE to start, how to start, what to look for, or anything, and my anxiety loves to get the better of me when it comes to reaching out. I feel like I should go, like I have to go, because everyone does that after school, right? Well, not everyone, but yeah. I'm just lost.

Are there any local colleges in your area? I went to a local college and lived with my dad during my undergrad because I definitely didn't have the money to go away and I was in the same position as you - no idea what I wanted to do and afraid to get in debt figuring it out. I found that after a few months in university and trying a variety of courses I started to really get a feel for which direction I wanted to go. I think the ages of about 17-19 were the worst for me in terms of feeling like I was in limbo with what I was supposed to be doing, so you're definitely not the only one.

Im in upcoming freshman at my city's local uni. Im extremely anxious about it. It's a new place with new people and just ??? None of of my friends will be attending there since it's a private uni and all and that makes me even more anxious cause I don't know anyone there. Orientation is in two weeks and I'm just worried that i won't make any friends. Like I'm pretty awkward and just imagining myself in a room full of students just upsets my stomach. I'm actually thinking about joining a club so I can find new ppl who share my interest and get work study so I could make some cash on the side lol.

I'm starting my third year of university this Fall. Majoring in accounting.

Accounting major here too! 4th year in the fall. I swapped majors in the middle of second year so I feel kinda overwhelmed. My dad really wants me to graduate on time ;A;

Accounting major here too! 4th year in the fall. I swapped majors in the middle of second year so I feel kinda overwhelmed. My dad really wants me to graduate on time ;A;

I feel you! I felt like I wasted my first year deciding on what to do and took classes that were irrelevant to my current major. Started out as a STEM major, and realized I wasn't cut out for it. Now I'm in business, planning to concentrate in HRM!

I start my second year of college in less than a week. #tears

Gonna see if I like all these business courses this semester.

Back