• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

REVIEW THE TOWN ABOVE YOU VIA DREAM ADDRESS

Coricus, I'll be back here later to review your town.

Anyone who looks at my town, it's still being worked on. The things that aren't complete are obvious when you see them.

Last edited:
I'd give the town above me 9/10.

Feel free to review mine.

Dream address is in the signature.

I'd give the town above me 9/10.

Feel free to review mine.

Dream address is in the signature.

You should give a bit of feed back for the town you visit. What did you like about the town? I'll happily visit yours in a few. Although, I won't give a rating. I don't like to do that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Town of Zooville.

Ooh. You have Aurora moving in. She's one of my favorites. I like the path, and it's nice seeing all that lovely green grass.Very nice town flag. Did you make it? It looks like you're still working on your town, but so far so good. The houses are coming along nicely too. Thanks for sharing.

I would have visited Coricuses house but it looks like vintage Viola will visit it later.

I guess I would like my Cherish town reviewed. So far people love it or said it was nothing special. A lot of work went into the houses. ( Although, Breanna's main room is temporary.)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Coricus, I'll be back here later to review your town.

Anyone who looks at my town, it's still being worked on. The things that aren't complete are obvious when you see them.

Your town is gorgeous. The paths are beautiful, and I love the pattern next to the water pump.The orange roses and bushes look fantastic. All the flowers are nicely placed, too. The houses are nicely decorated. Some of my favorites are the upstairs in Viola's house, and all the rooms in Kimico's house. The upstairs looks awesome, and I love the clothes you left out by the front door. Kimico is such a cute little character. I love how you dressed her.

Hmm. . . 7/10.

I'm not very eloquent, but I'll try to describe how I felt. . .

The benches gave me a very happy feeling every time I went past them! They're so pretty, especially with the flowers!

And I found what the green-haired player said very funny, even if the reference flew over my head.
But. . .

It all feels so. . .empty. I felt kind of disoriented by it, really. The paths were so huge, there wasn't much going on with the plant life in a few spots, and the houses felt kind of disorientingly "too perfect" as well.

I. . . hope I'm not being too harsh. Really, I've only been playing for about a month, and my town is kind of a mess right now.
Really, part of why I'm here is because I need help figuring out how to improve it. I prettied it up a bit for the Dream Address, but it's still very. . . here.

5100-6051-1707

Okay, so I just got to your town. Now I'm walking around, and I see that it's pretty bare. Not a lot going on in the town, I see what you meant. I do like the illuminated sign pwp though, and the paths that you actually do have on the ground! It's pretty empty everywhere else (aside from all the flowers). There's not much I can really say about what's out here, I assume you're still in the beginning process of decorating? I really love your gold roses by the way, I can never grow those because I have the beautiful town ordinance at my place.

I thought what Coricus said was cute lol.

I entered her house, and I see you use the spooky theme in her main room! Makes sense with her being a witch. I like your back room, especially the song playing. KK Waltz is nice. I like the basement the best. Something about music not playing can be nice sometimes. And I like the scientific thing you've got going there.

I liked the house, I like your flowers too. I know it's still a work in progress so 7/10 from me. All you need really is to organize your trees and flowers to compliment your town more. Throwing in shrubs wouldn't hurt either (if you've got Leif's shop yet). And figuring out what you'll do with your paths. If you don't like the ones you've got, you can always search the Internet for some. Or even get them from Wendell when you visit a dreamtown. I've only been playing since July, and my town started off slow too. You'll figure out how you want it to look like the more you build :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Your town is gorgeous. The paths are beautiful, and I love the pattern next to the water pump.The orange roses and bushes look fantastic. All the flowers are nicely placed, too. The houses are nicely decorated. Some of my favorites are the upstairs in Viola's house, and all the rooms in Kimico's house. The upstairs looks awesome, and I love the clothes you left out by the front door. Kimico is such a cute little character. I love how you dressed her.

Thank you very much! :D Kimiko is my favorite of my humans too

Okay, so I just got to your town. Now I'm walking around, and I see that it's pretty bare. Not a lot going on in the town, I see what you meant. I do like the illuminated sign pwp though, and the paths that you actually do have on the ground! It's pretty empty everywhere else (aside from all the flowers). There's not much I can really say about what's out here, I assume you're still in the beginning process of decorating? I really love your gold roses by the way, I can never grow those because I have the beautiful town ordinance at my place.

I thought what Coricus said was cute lol.

I entered her house, and I see you use the spooky theme in her main room! Makes sense with her being a witch. I like your back room, especially the song playing. KK Waltz is nice. I like the basement the best. Something about music not playing can be nice sometimes. And I like the scientific thing you've got going there.

I liked the house, I like your flowers too. I know it's still a work in progress so 7/10 from me. All you need really is to organize your trees and flowers to compliment your town more. Throwing in shrubs wouldn't hurt either (if you've got Leif's shop yet). And figuring out what you'll do with your paths. If you don't like the ones you've got, you can always search the Internet for some. Or even get them from Wendell when you visit a dreamtown. I've only been playing since July, and my town started off slow too. You'll figure out how you want it to look like the more you build :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thank you very much! :D Kimiko is my favorite of my humans too

I'm glad my house and phrase are in good shape!

Overall I've been just starting to organize my trees. Did you see the rows of cedars on both sides of the path from the train station to my house with the one Holly bush in there? How was it? I'm planning on filling in the gaps with pairs of holly bushes so that the whole path will have greenery in the summer and an incredibly festive feel in the winter.

And I was also thinking of putting a couple of face cutouts next to the one I have. And making paths up to the houses of my other two keeper villagers like I did with Lobo. Other than that I guess I have to brainstorm/wait for PWP suggestions, but at least I have a few ideas. . .

It's fun reading all these reviews and visiting all your lovely towns. I think mine is next. ( correct me if I'm wrong). I choose my Cherish town. Dream codes in my sig. Please don't give a rating. Thanks so much.

I didn't actually design my town flag. I took the pattern from another town I was visiting whilst in the dream world. The flag is the garnet star from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. Great game!!! I would highly recommend that you play it if you haven't already.

It's fun reading all these reviews and visiting all your lovely towns. I think mine is next. ( correct me if I'm wrong). I choose my Cherish town. Dream codes in my sig. Please don't give a rating. Thanks so much.

Yupp, I'm pretty sure it's you. I'll put my review under the spoiler for you!
First thing I noticed was the ore around the tree, and I've genuinely never seen that done before, so props to you for that!
Not seeing any pathing here, and that's a-okay. I can definitely see though that you're fond of using ore as an outside decoration, and I like how you matched certain ore with flowers of the same color. There are some cases though where it looks just randomly scattered, like the little sapphires that are near the very top of the map.
I'm liking the flower color-scheme you go going on for the homes as well~. Really nice use of the bushes, wisteria trellis, roses, and ore once again! I'm really liking your approach with using it as a consistent decoration around town. It, like your signature states, is very unique.
I'm noticing a path now being created with the lucky clovers. I like it, though I feel like it should connect or surround the plaza a bit so visitors know to follow said path. Your fruit-tree orchards and the signs on them give off a very good feel to the town as well. c: I was just about to comment on how natural everything is and then I crossed your bridge furthest to the right and kinda got transported to a magical like section, haha. Nice usage of the golden roses, money trees (which I usually don't like), and paths! Kinda gives off this sudden upper-class section feel for the town.
At the bottom left corner you have some pink ores spread around and those feel kind of randomly scattered as well. Maybe have the ores surrounding the peach trees instead? Also holy nuts that Isabelle/Digby/Sunflower cut-out is adorable! You've also got a bunch of really well-placed benches. There's something very pleasing about where you put that fairy-tale bench (the one by Anette's house) & I'm liking it.

OKAY time for houses. We got four houses to tackle so here we GO.

Annette:
Already feeling the fairy-tale structure from the exterior and landscaping. You've got a really cute little cafe-type of place in the first room and I'm kinda pleased that it isn't the pink that I expected it to be. It looks hella well-made, comfortable too! Also dem Booker and Cooper portraits <3
Left room: Another cafe, but with a totally different feeling to it. This one feels a lot more serene, subtle, peaceful, and your music helps with that too. I like this kinda old-fashioned feel it's got going for it. You don't see 'em very often.
Middle room: I'm guessing all the rooms will have a different type of cafe to it? I'm not fond of the color green at all (especially this shade) but the room itself is still well-designed. Wasn't expecting to see Shrunk's jacket used as material, so that's something new. Your items are placed well, I just can't get behind the color scheme of it is all.
Right room: Ooooh, a lovenest? Well then ;)
Upstairs: Mmm, this room feels kinda incomplete compared to the others. Not much going on, and I'm guessing that's a conscious decision, but it contrasts a bit too much with the others rooms that had more to them. Maybe just adding a few more tables and seats, or tables with items on them could help bring it more to life?
Basement: I really love the furniture arrangement here, just not the clothing item/pattern you put on the furniture. Something that matches the brown/blue scheme that the rest of the room has going for it would be a bit more fitting, imo.

Alright I know that I'm rambling a lot about just one house so if you want me to review the other 3 like this, please do tell me because I don't wanna have ya read a useless text wall or anything like that. (I don't mind reviewing the other 3, I just dunno if you actually want me to...)

BASICALLY it's a really solid and unique town, and with just some fixups on ore placement and clover-paths that are more consistent and start/surround the plaza, it'd be pretty close to perfect imo! My lil' house complaints could easily just be my own preference, though I really would try to add a bit more to your upstairs and possibly change the basement furniture so that the pattern used on it matches more with the rest of the room. Other than that though, everything is hella well-placed and I definitely enjoyed it! c:

My DA is in my signature, though do note that there's still some patching up to do (like the trees and soon-to-be flora around the plaza) and that my houses are a MESS, save for the main, left, and middle room in Mayor Aki's home, so if you could critique only those three rooms that'd be great. The front rooms of the other three houses are done but they're nothing special at all (just me collecting Gracie seasonal stuff in them) and you genuinely don't need to go into any other homes except for Aki's.

Thanks!

Akimari. Thanks so much for the nice review. I agree that the upstairs is missing something. I've been trying to figure out how to make it better. And it's funny about what you said about the blue ore. I totally agree. That area is temporary, I just haven't figured out what to do in that area. Thanks again. :)

Just a quick note: If you have reviewed a town before, its ok to review a second town or as many as you want. After each review that you do, your town will be the next it line to be reviewed by someone else...

sorry that my reviews aren't as wordy!!

kid kat79 - i really like the layout of your town!! the path blends in nicely. your trees are nice and organized too! i have a feeling it's not updated, but even so it's a nice simple little town and i enjoy it!
also, we both have olivia. i love it when that happens in dream towns.
anyway, it just feels like a real town! you did a great job! i hope you update it again soon!
i think my favorite human house is flame's, mainly because it's the first time i've seen the sloppy set all in one place~

Akimari - your town looks amazing! it's like walking through the city! (plus you used one of my favorite hourly themes~)
i've never seen the fairy tale pwps used so well! it really fits in! i love it!
i like your house too!! you're very good at putting together sets too! although some furniture i wish i could access, especially the music boxes in your right room. that's mainly just because i'm nosy though. still, you must be proud of owning such a house!!
also, i saved the dream dress to my designs. it's really cute! c:

i really love both your dream towns!! i will certainly visit them both again!!

I still like the idea of this place hope it keeps going OAO

Oooh I really like this idea!! I'll reserve this post and edit it as I visit your dream town!

Rosewood review: omgosh I love your house! the main room is so fruity and happy. The only thing that's lacking is music! I think a few songs would really make the rooms pop.
And we have similar ideas for the basement. :) villager pics in a dimly lit blue room. Very pretty and well organized!
- the other house: oh my goodddd the starry pattern on the furniture is gorgeous! I love it.
- As for the town itself, I think it would really benefit from either more flowers or clovers/mushrooms to fill in the empty spaces. Or you could put in some decorative paths like stepping stones or something.
Very creative, it just needs to be fleshed out a bit more. :)

Mine:4900-5815-8149
Note: my town is still very much a work in progress, and the flowers are a mess I know lol. But I'd love feedback on everything else!

Last edited:
I think your town is wonderful and cute with that pink theme. Your houses are very cozy and lovely too. I like the southern part of the town the most with the green/cherry blossom leaves and the trees. They give me a peaceful feeling and I bet they will look so beautiful when the cherry blossoms bloom. I also like the area below the mayor's house. Everything is well decorated and organized :D

Just bullet pointing first impressions (sorry, didn't get your houses! I forgot)...

Dreaming of Sweetbox

- Running around, the paths can get a little overwhelming, but I do love how they form little flower beds everywhere and you seem to have really thought out the layout.
- I love the areas where you placed the villager houses, especially the area where Elvis and Beau are located. I love the flowers you picked for each of your villagers houses. It works really well (I'm inspired!) I also love the bamboo placement around your character's house.
- The 4 bushes in front of the bridge is a little confusing.
- Your "zen" area is also very relaxing and I like the paths you put down.
- Love the row of special stumps next to Re-Tail as well as the illuminated plaza

Overall I really enjoyed your town!! Ran around a few times and discovered new things each time. You really put a lot of effort into it!!! Like I said, the paths can be a little overwhelming but I actually think since every inch of your town is covered, it does work. Sorry for not checking out your houses, I usually don't look in them.

Town: Gensokyo
DA: in sig
______
Kenka
Town:
- city hall area
- zen forest feeling

Dislikes:
- park area around cafe felt crowded by flowers

Jule's House:
Main: hm. a little hodgepodgey
Right: summer kitchen
Back: exotic cabanna, but again kinda helter-skelter
Left: odd little bathroom
Basement: a lab?
2nd Floor: hunh.

Moog's House:
Main: mess
Right: another mess
Left: an actual, messy, room
2nd Floor: empty

Suggestions:
- remove some flowers around the park
- need something in the south-western corner
- improve the player homes

Final Thoughts: The town was very good and soothing and obviously has had a lot of tlc, but a few little things felt off and the player rooms definitely did not get the same consideration and ranged from meh to atrocious.

Rating: 3.5/5

Last edited:
I'll review Gensokyo. Saving this post to edit later

Bullet pointing this as I travel through your town:

• love that it's snowing in your DA. Very peaceful
  • The themed clothes at your plaza is a nice touch. It's obvious you're going for a Japanese/Zen theme
  • I like how you have the path that leads to the zen bell and bench at the top right. The water path comes from below the tracks and it does look like it starts a bit randomly
  • Reimu's house was the one I came to first. I like the theme throughout the house but the basement threw me with the ice set. Also, and it's a personal thing - but some of your items are facing the walls. I know it's so you can see them when you enter the house but just FYI
  • You have some dead bamboo to the top right of your town hall.
  • I like the bamboo around the town hall though - very nice.
  • I'm guessing the dead trees around Kabuki's house is meant to be because he's in a desert of some kind? The Stonehenge PWP doesn't fit to me - but I guess because I associate Stonehenge with overgrown forest.
  • 2nd house was Marisa's - Ooh I like this one a lot. The back room (no spoilers in case anyone else wants to visit) was really well done. I also liked the cafe to the left. Really the only thing was that in the main room the big bookcase is half covering the doorway to the back. I would have it rotated to make a little corner on it's own.
  • Alice's house next - I think I'm missing some of the references that you have here. Nicely decorated throughout
  • Aw man, Chrissy's house DIRECTLY in front of the Roost must be annoying for you
  • I'm not a fan of the picnic QR thing you have going on - I'm wondering if that's to reserve that space for the picnic blanket or for plot resetting? I just always think they look very.... flat.
  • Last house is Yukari's - nice, feels a bit generic though. The 2nd bath-house feels like a copy of what you already have in town. I would probably change one of them up a bit.

Right, so generally, all your bridges are different - I'm guessing to symbolise going to different areas? It feels like it sort of interrupts the general flow of your town.

Your houses are all lovely. There's quite a lot of stuff on the floor though. I would get a few more tables. Especially for Yukari's house if you keep the bathhouse for all the bonsai trees. The general plans of the houses though do feel quite similar - it'd be nice for each of them to have a bit more individual character.

I appreciated that you allowed your designs to be free. There's quite a few copies of the same design there - I'm guessing that some of your alts are also pattern mules, no problems with that at all.

Overall I really enjoyed dreaming of your town.

Last edited:
Back