• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Limited edition amiibo cards are now a thing

Jake

BACK OF!
Retired Staff
Bells
Switch
5027-8795-7985
Timmy Christmas Doll
Togepi Easter Egg
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Rainbow Feather
Gold Trophy (First Place)
New Year's Party Popper
Pokéball
Bell Bag Badge
Easter Bunny
Snow Globe
A Japanese magazine has released, and includes the first limited edition amiibo card, Isabelle.
This probably means there will be other limited edition amiibo cards in Japan, but also brings up the possibility of them coming to the west

chara_002_cs1w1_300x.jpg

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/097/1097131/

Gah are these region locked too? TT.TT that sucks

lol i heard some things being region locked xD

Even the NFC reader has been confirmed not to have any sort of region lock through pictures on Twitter. The cards are most certainly not region-locked as with the figurines. I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't enforced region locking on amiibo. TBH, they seem like the type that would somehow manage to region lock cover plates =P

Ahhhhhhhh okay
Explains why I saw it on Instagram, I was like wtf, people are making fake cards already?

Also, the card seems to come from the magazine キャラばふぇ which seems to be a portmanteau of character + buffet? The magazine seems to focus on a plethora of cute characters, hence character and buffet. Completely irrelevant but whatever lol
It'll be interesting to see which brands start releasing their own LE cards, too. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a LE card in that new Nintendo Box they'll be doing.

Also, the card seems to come from the magazine キャラばふぇ which seems to be a portmanteau of character + buffet? The magazine seems to focus on a plethora of cute characters, hence character and buffet. Completely irrelevant but whatever lol
It'll be interesting to see which brands start releasing their own LE cards, too. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a LE card in that new Nintendo Box they'll be doing.
*ぱ Which makes it Parfait. ^^

Oh, wow, I botched it really bad lol. Thanks for correcting me!

No you didn't. Some of the characters are easy to mix up. ^^

I successfully hunted this magazine down on amazon japan. I bought it for the HHD guide that it contains as well as the card. Apparently it comes with some HHD origami paper too. The guide may not have anything in it that I don't already know, but you never know. I have to wait 2-3 weeks for it.

Wait so are there multiple Isabelle cards or just one?

The Isabelle card shown here came in a Japanese magazine titled CharaParfait, and is a limited edition version. So far, we know of two Isabelle cards.

The Isabelle card shown here came in a Japanese magazine titled CharaParfait, and is a limited edition version. So far, we know of two Isabelle cards.

Actually three.
There's the already released one, the limited edition one, and then the upcoming one from Series 2.

Wait so are there multiple Isabelle cards or just one?

We've only seen the Isabelle in series one and the one here, but the series two card pack shows Isabelle in her fall outfit so there will be at least one more card of her. There might be cards of her wearing her different outfits too speaking of which, why didn't they give her the green dress for the promo?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Actually three.
There's the already released one, the limited edition one, and then the upcoming one from Series 2.

ninja'd :(

I kind of hope there isn't any limited edition amiibo cards cause that's just more stuff that I might have to look for when the amiibo cards come out in America. I don't really want to get into amiibo cards in the first place though. I'm spending enough money on the regular amiibo as it is and the cards will just make it worse for my collection of the amiibos.

ugh found the magazine on amazon.co.jp but none of the sellers are shipping to norway XD
*off to google to try my luck* lol

Ooh interesting. I think that's cute but if its just an outfit change, it doesn't interest me much as long as I get that particular npc atleast once. would that show your town has two isabelle's if you scan multiple different cards of the same npc?

I was gonna see if I could pick one of the magazines up but none of them ship to Australia so rip

Back