• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

[Spoilers] All 334 Villagers (No Amiibo Cards/DLC)

That is Carrie's actual sprite in the game tho lmao???
...And what does barbecue have to do with any of this smh

i didnt see carrie's official image and because*

my guess is someone took screenshots of all villager icons in game, and then merged them together in this one pic (which is why they match the official ones) and then added in some older villagers to make it seem legit.

Why would they give every single villager a new icon, but then keep all the special NPCs the same as NL, coz literally all the specials have the exact same render as NL (like why would they make completely new art for the amiibo cards, only to use the NL icons in game, and jingles second image is virtually the same as his CF artwork), and then the "returning" ones look MS paint quality

basically what i'm saying is that the ones that are in the imgur album are legit, but the rest is what someone "faked" into the image to make them seem legit

Last edited:
i didnt see carrie's official image and because*

my guess is someone took screenshots of all villager icons in game, and then merged them together in this one pic (which is why they match the official ones) and then added in some older villagers to make it seem legit.

Why would they give every single villager a new icon, but then keep all the special NPCs the same as NL, coz literally all the specials have the exact same render as NL (like why would they make completely new art for the amiibo cards, only to use the NL icons in game, and jingles second image is virtually the same as his CF artwork), and then the "returning" ones look MS paint quality

basically what i'm saying is that the ones that are in the imgur album are legit, but the rest is what someone "faked" into the image to make them seem legit

Aight Aight maybe you got a point. But how do you explain the snowmen then???

Aight Aight maybe you got a point. But how do you explain the snowmen then???

what do you mean how do i explain the snowmen they're the new leaf renders

latest

jake all the villagers' sprites are the same as their official art

- - - Post Merge - - -

icons not sprites*

jake all the villagers' sprites are the same as their official art

- - - Post Merge - - -

icons not sprites*

that's not really what i meant. they're the same pose as their NL artwork, but they're not physically the same art word copy and pasted into the games data, where as the special NPC's defs 100% had their NL artwork copy pasted into this table.
this is obvious when looking at an official artwork for new leaf, and then comparing it to the ones in the table. I looked at Patty - her official NL artwork is a lighter color than her in game sprite, and her hand is farther away from her face in the sprite than it is in the artwork. So the artwork "pose" is the same, but the artwork itself isn't
and this is even more obvious when you compare the villagers to the specials. the villagers outlines are pretty rough and you can see the corners, but the specials outlines are pretty smooth and dont show corners. to me it just looks like someone took the NL renders, shrunk them down and then outlined them in black and put them onto the table to make this seem legit.

oh no I think you're right
and wood cat isn't in the same place as the rest of the cats, even though new cat is

oh no I think you're right
and wood cat isn't in the same place as the rest of the cats, even though new cat is

that's also another reason i don't really believe it. there are just villagers in random spots. like why is zipper with the rest of the rabbits, but rover not with the rest of the cats?

from what i've seen on the spriters resource, especially with pokemon, is that when they get uploaded, they usually flow (ie; in the order of the pokedex). if this was from HHD, then i would have expected that the villagers be in rows associated with their species, and then the special characters would be at the end, after all the villagers, not just randomly placed in the middle of the table. and not related, but if this was legit, i would also expect the website to have icons for all furniture items by now, which they dont

Last edited:
I just don't believe that someone took the time to fake everything that you're proposing they did.....and then sacrifice their reputation by uploading on a website where they have uploaded and contributed thousands of other sprite sheets and are trusted/well respected in their community, just to post a few fake Animal Crossing villagers? Like what? I don't buy it at all.

Either way... I've actually sent an email to the uploader looking for clarification. :lemon:

There's also the possibility that a lot of these really poor sprites weren't actually used in the game ultimately and are unfinished, but remained in the game files as is very common in game development.

Links showing the history the uploader has:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/submitter/Ploaj/
http://www.vg-resource.com/user-9120.html

Suppose we'll know for sure either way soon enough, but I'm going to assume legitimate for the time being.

Mmm It may be fake but I don't think anybody would spend time copy pasting the 200+ villagers to make a fake list

There's also the possibility that a lot of these really poor sprites weren't actually used in the game ultimately and are unfinished, but remained in the game files as is very common in game development.
unfinished i could see, but as for being in the game, i highly doubt it

- - - Post Merge - - -

unfinished i could see, but as for being in the game, i highly doubt it

Can't wait till we know what Amiibo cards will be available! I'm going to be poor after this all comes out haha!

Man this whole icons thing being real or fake will never end.

The only way that we can prove it is with some gameplay footage, but that's gonna take a while.

So. Justin says its real, Jake and I say its fake. Who knows who is right until there's an announcement about it.

I wondered why people kept asking me if those were real.

Yes, they are. Those are all the icons in the games "IconNpc" folder. DLC may be added later.

There are even more icons up now on the Spriter's Resource, if that helps prove anything.

I can also provide some of the games files and the extractor tool I made for them.
It's kinda funny how people doubted them lol

why doesn't someone with the game just check if the NPCs match?

How? I've unlocked all the characters in the game so far, so they must be Amiibo cards/DLC and we don't know what's in vol. 2/3/4 yet.

- - - Post Merge - - -

On another note. The villager/NPC pics only total 402. (they are under artwork)
So have some ammo Jake. :p

Also, Hey Ploaj, thanks for all your work!
I agree it's likely DLC/placeholders at this point. - Especially seeing as there is a nice splatoon set of exteriors which looks like DLC to me. :D

I have the "Splatoon" exteriors unlocked, so they aren't DLC. Can't remember who unlocked them though.

Last edited:
Back