Old Eggs
Flower Glow Wand
Cherry (Fruit)
Pikachu Easter Egg
Pumpkin Cupcake
Ancient Candle
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Yellow Candy
Nintendo has announced that they will be doing a Loot Crate type subscription box. It will be filled with merch from various franchise in the Nintendo-verse

Thoughts?

Ooh that sounds pretty cool. I would consider getting it but that obviously depends on pricing as well as the contents of the box - if it's cheap keyrings or something I'd never use etc. then I wouldn't get it. Similarly, if it were to cost something like ?15 a month or more then that is too much money to spend regularly.

I would get this in a heart beat but I doubt it'll come to Australia so :|

I don't know what any of this means.

So until someone mentions otherwise, I'm just going to imagine its like TF2 crate shenanigans.

Last edited:
they tend to have plushies, t-shirts, toys, crap inside ^^ would be nintendo related here of course

There's a lot of potential for it and tbh I'm surprised they didn't try and do it sooner.

I wouldn't buy one for myself (the last thing I need is more stuff), but they make great gifts. :)

I would really like to hope that it includes some amiibo. :D
If they did, you wouldn't buy two (or up to five) of each box, would you? ;)

If they did include amiibo, I would hope that they would be amiibo I haven't already got (because Nintendo should cater to me lol). But seriously, if that was the case then I hope you could choose from a selection in case you already have that amiibo or there could be exclusive amiibo but I doubt that would happen because I don't think this will be available in all territories.

Ooh, this looks very interesting. It would be a great move by Nintendo :)

I like the general idea of these types of boxes but I would never bother with them.

Getting cool little bits of merch for stuff I'm interested in but wouldn't necessarily be able to find or come across myself is neat. I'm always picking up random bits of merch for stuff I like when I come across it. 90% of the stuff I own is novelty crap with a characters face I like on it.

My issue is I don't want to have to subscribe to a service that gives me a random box that may or may not even have anything I'm interested in. It's like paying for somebody to send you a box of inconvenience. If it has something I like in it, great. If it doesn't I've got to trash it, sell it or shove it in a cupboard, all of which is an inconvenience I paid for.
I guess this is less of an issue with a Nintendo themed box since I generally like most Nintendo stuff (as opposed to loot crate where 90% of the stuff I consider 'crap') but even then, I like Mario but not enough to want plushies and mugs with his face on it.

hey, at least the mugs would be useful regardless

unless you're just too embarrassed

Yeah, mugs are great for coffee or orange juice in the morning. :)

And I don't have any Nintendo stuff, so this would be a great subscription for me to do. :)

I have some Nintendo stuff, but nothing really useful.

I would quite like things like mugs I would use - but I wouldn't really wear a cap with a Mario face on it. If there was a more subtle design, then I would consider it (I don't really wear caps anyway though).

Keyrings could be nice but obviously I don't want too many of those. I'd love anything Pikmin to be honest, I'm a sucker for Pikmin.

Posters could be cool too, but again, I wouldn't want too many of them.

We'll just have to wait and see. Anyone got an idea of when this will launch? I'd be disappointed if it was after this year because that's quite a wait.

Back