• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How old are you? o:

How old are you?

• Under 13

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • 13-17

Votes: 46 34.8%
  • 18-25

Votes: 56 42.4%
  • Over 25

Votes: 22 16.7%

• Total voters
I'm 25! I started a tread like this and got yelled at because there is already a thread like this that has a sticky, so something like that may be incoming lol Oh, well I guess I just did...

Anyway I am also curious! I saw someone on the other day that said they were only 11! That's so crazy to me. (but not bad or anything)

That seems crazy to me now too (I'm 19), but I always forget that I was using forums from 11 too.

One of the under 13s here. I'm really not very surprised there's mostly adults playing this game, it's relaxing.

They are indeed! Some of us started playing video games when we were 11, even!

Is that supposed to be a young/normal age to start?

Last edited:
One of the under 13s here. I'm really not very surprised there's mostly adults playing this game, it's relaxing.

Is that supposed to be a young/normal age to start?

I remember playing NES/SNES games when I was 3-4 years old, and I started playing MMOs when I was 9-10.
I was also rather mature for my age so yeah.
I have 2 little cousins who lived near me and I got them into videogames when they were 8 and 5. They were able to beat me at Mario Kart within a few months after their parents got them their own system and I showed them the ropes. And I ain't no slacker at Mario Kart.
I've created my own monsters ;w;

So I don't think 11 is too young, but I also think it's dependent on the child's maturity and interest, as well as proper parental guidance and boundaries. Like I played MMOs at 9 but I couldn't share information or go into chat rooms or any of that stuff, etc.
But that's just how I see the matter~

Anyway I'm also in the 25+ club (27 in a few months) and most of the time I end up playing with people really young. I ended up paired with a 7 year old last time I used Club Tortimer haha. I also met a little kid at work who couldn't have been older than 8 or 9 and we were discussing our dreamies while I rang his mom's order (meanwhile his mother was cracking up laughing at the two of us). Turns out we both had Snake in our villages and he was a dreamie for us both, hah.

Games like animal crossing are great because you can enjoy them at practically any age. Entertaining and relaxing. It's a nice escape when I'm stressed out.

Just turned 23 back on the 15th.

There's another thread like this somewhere. This one doesn't really go in the NL forum section. Don't be surprised if it's closed or moved to another forum at some point. x3

A mod came in earlier and said this thread is allowed for now due to this poll being more current and this board being frequented by different members than in the GD so no worries! ^^

I turn 21 this October! c: Time flies wow. o:

I don't think it's strange for people under 13 to be here! And anyone from any age can play video games. I was 9 when I first started using the internet and 4 when I first got into gaming. I guess regarding the age thing, it's surprising to me that there's not an age restriction on being here but that's because I'm so used to other sites having one and having to be stealthy when I was younger haha! I also didn't expect so many people to be in my age range! Which is really nice and seeing the varied answers just proves that anyone can get into and enjoy this wonderful medium. :blush:

Anyway I'm also in the 25+ club (27 in a few months) and most of the time I end up playing with people really young. I ended up paired with a 7 year old last time I used Club Tortimer haha. I also met a little kid at work who couldn't have been older than 8 or 9 and we were discussing our dreamies while I rang his mom's order (meanwhile his mother was cracking up laughing at the two of us). Turns out we both had Snake in our villages and he was a dreamie for us both, hah.

This is so cute! I remember when I was 19 I worked in a daycare as a summer job and all the kids talked about video games all day. At the time I was embarrassed that we played the same games so I would pretend that I had no idea what they were talking about. Your attitude is so awesome though, I hope that's what I'd be like if I ended up in that situation again!

This is so cute! I remember when I was 19 I worked in a daycare as a summer job and all the kids talked about video games all day. At the time I was embarrassed that we played the same games so I would pretend that I had no idea what they were talking about. Your attitude is so awesome though, I hope that's what I'd be like if I ended up in that situation again!

Lol there's nothing to be embarrassed about. Kids think you're the coolest person in the world if you play the same video games as them. They're so used to most adults not getting it or being interested, so seeing an older person able to relate to them is really amazing for most of 'em xD

Back