• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle!

lars708

Dutch PPCS Regional no. 1
Bells
Switch
3952-4112-1626
Pikachu Easter Egg
Timmy Christmas Doll
Jingle Christmas Doll
Lump of Coal
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
Pumpkin Cupcake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Pumpkin Cupcake
FIRST OFF: YES I KNOW THIS IS A SEGA GAME BUT I THINK THAT THIS GAME FITS MORE ON THIS BOARD.

Hey everyone! This really is my favorite Sonic game, not only about the main game, but mainly because of the awesome Chao Garden. (Like everyone who played it xD) It is a masterpiece! So yeah, i have nothing else to say besides, discuss here!

Time to drop off all these amazingly relevant gifs.

tumblr_m7urvmsubV1rw5fq2o2_250.gif
tumblr_m7urvmsubV1rw5fq2o5_250.gif
tumblr_m7urvmsubV1rw5fq2o3_250.gif
tumblr_m7urvmsubV1rw5fq2o7_250.gif
tumblr_m7urvmsubV1rw5fq2o6_250.gif
tumblr_m7urvmsubV1rw5fq2o4_250.gif

Last edited:
I'd like to believe that this game is indeed a fun one, but so flawed it broke the bases. Knuckles/Rouge hunting stages break the flow by a lot, due of a combination of the rather cryptic radar and the way the collectibles were hidden. For an average player, it's very possible that these missions last for far longer than a few minutes because they're having hard time finding anything. Doesn't help that most levels look bland, aside the one with pumpkin heads with a great music that comes with it. Great concept, poor execution, I guess.
Tails/Eggman stages are still dampening the flow, but are nowhere as bad as the aforementioned hunting stages. Most of the time, it's about mindlessly pressing A button over and over again to shoot at enemies, therefore trivializing pretty much any interest of the gameplay. The annoying "ding" laser sound effect might even drive some people insane, and the level design is meh in general. At least, they tend to be over quick enough and I never see them after this game.
I have almost nothing to say about Sonic/Shadow stages. The level design is an improvement over the predecessor, as it's much more fun to traverse these stages amazingly fast. Too bad there aren't as many of these levels. These alone would make Sonic Adventure 2 another real classic from the franchise.
It's funny how Chaos Garden is apparently considered to be among the best parts of the game. That mode could've made SEGA considering developing a game heavily influenced from it.

Had a lot of fun playing the game as a children, but coming back to it as an older gamer won't feel the same anymore. It just never will age well thanks to numerous flaws that'll rear their ugly heads.

It was an awesome game, my friend was and is still obsessed with it too, as it set a good point in Sonic's franchise history when the game came out. I believe it is one of the best Sonic games to date, and way better than some of the more recent Sonic games that have been coming out (*CoughSonicBoomSucksCough*)

Time to drop off all these amazingly relevant gifs.

tumblr_m7urvmsubV1rw5fq2o2_250.gif
tumblr_m7urvmsubV1rw5fq2o5_250.gif
tumblr_m7urvmsubV1rw5fq2o3_250.gif
tumblr_m7urvmsubV1rw5fq2o7_250.gif
tumblr_m7urvmsubV1rw5fq2o6_250.gif

Hey where's Knuckles with his odd laugh thingy? XD

- - - Post Merge - - -

the Chao Garden was the worst thing tbh

Oh lol, well i respect your opinion! :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'd like to believe that this game is indeed a fun one, but so flawed it broke the bases. Knuckles/Rouge hunting stages break the flow by a lot, due of a combination of the rather cryptic radar and the way the collectibles were hidden. For an average player, it's very possible that these missions last for far longer than a few minutes because they're having hard time finding anything. Doesn't help that most levels look bland, aside the one with pumpkin heads with a great music that comes with it. Great concept, poor execution, I guess.
Tails/Eggman stages are still dampening the flow, but are nowhere as bad as the aforementioned hunting stages. Most of the time, it's about mindlessly pressing A button over and over again to shoot at enemies, therefore trivializing pretty much any interest of the gameplay. The annoying "ding" laser sound effect might even drive some people insane, and the level design is meh in general. At least, they tend to be over quick enough and I never see them after this game.
I have almost nothing to say about Sonic/Shadow stages. The level design is an improvement over the predecessor, as it's much more fun to traverse these stages amazingly fast. Too bad there aren't as many of these levels. These alone would make Sonic Adventure 2 another real classic from the franchise.
It's funny how Chaos Garden is apparently considered to be among the best parts of the game. That mode could've made SEGA considering developing a game heavily influenced from it.

Had a lot of fun playing the game as a children, but coming back to it as an older gamer won't feel the same anymore. It just never will age well thanks to numerous flaws that'll rear their ugly heads.

I agree and the game is glitchy as hell (not nearly as bad as Sonic '06 ofc.)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've played it as well. Never gotten it to 100% completion, though.

Me neither, it is way too hard and too glitchy to accomplish that lol

The mech stages were impossible for me. The controls were very slippery and I kept falling off everything. Still a good game though. Final Rush was amazing. I kind of missed the overworld from the original Sonic Adventure. I found the gameplay to be better too.

Ahhh I remembered I'd spend hours in the chao garden. I could nver get my chao to reincarnate so it'd end up dying all the time xD
I bought it on the box and I don't play it as much

Me neither, it is way too hard and too glitchy to accomplish that lol

My main issue was how you needed to get all A-ranks to unlock the extra stage- which I won't spoil. I mean, thoroughly completing every stage and every extra mission; that'd be fine with me. But A-ranking? I'm not good enough at the game to attain that, aside from in a select few levels.

On another note, am I literally the only one who enjoyed the treasure hunting stages?

I added teh Knuckles!

This game is seriously my all time favorite though. I don't think it's overrated. Especially the time of its release I thought it was a very unique game. Even now I have tons of fun playing it. It is my childhood. I legitimately got all A ranks on the Xbox 360 version of it. I know I played around with the action replay on the Gamecube, but I don't remember if I used it to get all the A ranks on there so I can't count that.

>glitchy as hell

are you sure you don't just have a faulty copy?

Um it has a lot of glitches but they are not game breaking or anything... Why do you always want to disagree with me or something >.<

- - - Post Merge - - -

My main issue was how you needed to get all A-ranks to unlock the extra stage- which I won't spoil. I mean, thoroughly completing every stage and every extra mission; that'd be fine with me. But A-ranking? I'm not good enough at the game to attain that, aside from in a select few levels.

On another note, am I literally the only one who enjoyed the treasure hunting stages?

No! I like them too! Some of them were rather hard though. I disliked the one with all the saves when you are Rouge. I guess there was a time limit which was just way too hard for me when i played it for the first time. (I was really young back then but i still hate it even thouh it is a breeze for me now)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I added teh Knuckles!

This game is seriously my all time favorite though. I don't think it's overrated. Especially the time of its release I thought it was a very unique game. Even now I have tons of fun playing it. It is my childhood. I legitimately got all A ranks on the Xbox 360 version of it. I know I played around with the action replay on the Gamecube, but I don't remember if I used it to get all the A ranks on there so I can't count that.

Getting A rank on every stage is almost doing the impossible in my eyes. It's like completing Expert on Super Monkey Ball without losing a single life...

Um it has a lot of glitches but they are not game breaking or anything... Why do you always want to disagree with me or something >.<

- - - Post Merge - - -

No! I like them too! Some of them were rather hard though. I disliked the one with all the saves when you are Rouge. I guess there was a time limit which was just way too hard for me when i played it for the first time. (I was really young back then but i still hate it even thouh it is a breeze for me now)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Getting A rank on every stage is almost doing the impossible in my eyes. It's like completing Expert on Super Monkey Ball without losing a single life...

Oh, yeah, that one was pretty frustrating. I swear that I only completed that stage due to sheer luck... Even now, I never like to go back to it outside of the extra missions.

YOU KNOW ME THE FIGHTIN FREAK KNUCKLES

AND WE'RE AT PUMPKIN HILL

I love this game. It's dated, but it was still fun when I played it last year. Good game. Also Pumpkin Hill had A+ music

The Knuckles and Rogue missions are my favorite part of the game tbh

Back