• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The 3DS Amiibo reader is region locked

Im planning to get the game on winter (because 1. the game's price might be lowered and be on sale because christmas and 2. most amiibo packs should be out by then) and I have a JP New 3ds so thats a win win for me
I would have tried to test out the amiibo reader for the NA 3ds but it mostly depends on if my brother is going to buy one of them

I've posted this elsewhere, but when I contacted nintendo specifically about the cards they said amiibos weren't region locked sooo.....while that could always change I'm pretty sure nintendo is the most reliable source

Considering the console and games are region locked I wouldn't be surprised if the reader was too. I wouldn't trust what stores say though, my nearby gamestop was the one who said games were region free :l

I've posted this elsewhere, but when I contacted nintendo specifically about the cards they said amiibos weren't region locked sooo.....while that could always change I'm pretty sure nintendo is the most reliable source

Considering the console and games are region locked I wouldn't be surprised if the reader was too. I wouldn't trust what stores say though, my nearby gamestop was the one who said games were region free :l

If you read the thread, specifically the last post on page 2/first post on page 3, you would know that it's been shown that the NFC reader isn't region locked :p

So...are Amiibo cards region locked on NA/EU 3DS'es with Regionfour?

Back