What are your thoughts about people Duping on acnl?

cutie34

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
To be honest I'm not a person for Glitches/cloning I've tried them about two times at the most and its just not my thing. I mean, Glitching is not not bad but ever since my friends 3ds nearly broke after her glitching to much I've never really enjoyed it, I know this sounds boring but I don't time travel either! I don't mind people Time travelling I just don't take part. But Duping has taken it way to far, its basically like cheating and unfair for those who don't know how to and have to work hard for everything they own. I tried it once and it worked, but I just don't think its right! I don't mind Nintendo letting glitches but I think they should do something about Cloning! It just makes the game boring, knowing that you can get whatever you want whenever you want due to one small error. What are your thoughts about this people?

Personally I don't really mind it.
I earned everything I have and it cost me an arm amd a let. (Have most rare and Gracie furnitures in my home)
O time travel only if necessary at this point like I really want that new villager to move in.
Other than that I don't mind it.

It's not a big deal to me. If people want the easy way to earn stuff, let them be.

I, personally, rather earn stuff myself then relying on others.

I think its ok to dupe and cheat I mean theres no way to stop it unless Nintendo like put all there effort into stopping it people buy powersaves and dupe to be honest I have a powersave myself I mostly use it to backup my game in case of emergencys that's what I bought it for

I try to earn as much stuff as I can by myself. I'm actually happy there is a way to duplicate items though because for things like unorderable DLC, there's only so much of it to go around, so people duplicating that stuff allows a lot more people to have that stuff.

Last edited:
well, i care about others too and its just that two of my friends 3ds's crashed because of cloning and that is another reason why I don't like it, it IS cheating though and for me makes the game a bit boring for me but on rare occasions when I am completely desperate i might clone;) I totally respect that you have different opinions than me, I mean, that's what I'm trying to find out, right? :)

I have nothing against it, but as far as I know it's generally not allowed on this particular forum.

In the latter year of Animal Crossing: City Folk, I cloned items for people when they wanted something, but it was non-reorderable. If I was active enough in New Leaf, I would probably do the same. I personally don't have a problem with it. If one of my friends wants something, I'll help them.

I have no problem with it. To be honest I've gotten stuff from hackers before and I really appreciated it. I feel like if I got into hacking the game wouldn't be fun anymore since I could get everything I wanted right away, but for people who enjoy it that's great.

Well if cloning might crash your ds, will switching your wifi switch if someone is misbehaving in your town do the same?

I think it's everyone's own choice to dupe or not. I like collecting all items myself too, tho I can understand why people would clone :) If cloning is cheating then I think plot-reseting is also cheating :p

Back