• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

NEW 3DS XL confirmed for Europe and Australia

This is coming to australia too. They also gave me the prices for everything so I'll post then after I wake up

This is coming to australia too. They also gave me the prices for everything so I'll post then after I wake up

Saving you time!!1! :)

New Nintendo 3DS XL Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer Edition - AU$269.95

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer + NFC Reader/Writer Pack - AU$69.95

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer Standalone Game - AU$59.95

Standalone NFC Reader/ Writer accessory - AU$29.95

New Nintendo 3DS Cover Plates - AU$17.95

Series 1 Animal Crossing amiibo cards Pack - AU$4.95

Saving you time!!1! :)

New Nintendo 3DS XL Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer Edition - AU$269.95

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer + NFC Reader/Writer Pack - AU$69.95

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer Standalone Game - AU$59.95

Standalone NFC Reader/ Writer accessory - AU$29.95

New Nintendo 3DS Cover Plates - AU$17.95

Series 1 Animal Crossing amiibo cards Pack - AU$4.95

w0w

also here's a better pic of the XL, i'll add it to the OP

CK9ibooVEAI4dgv.png

Looks good.

Now for some Nintendo revolution that makes them region-free -_-

Price Looks good for the bundle.

Btw, " mild violence "??? You can hit villagers in this game also?

Last edited:
Btw, " mild violence "??? You can hit villagers in this game also?

It's the consoles rating, not the game.

Australia has dumb censorship laws and rates the 3DS PG for "mild violence" coz of the mii plaza games (specifically the adventure one).

I'm in Australia and so excited! I am going to preorder tomorrow in store if I can (otherwise on EB games online) and I am actually going to just about quit buying alcohol and junk food for the next 2 months to save for it.

So I guess gaming wins over social life once again, with health surprisingly getting a little boost as well. :p

If I already didn't have a New 3DS XL, I'd definitely get it once (and if) it came out to NA. It looks pretty cool.
*buys another 3ds xl*

w0w

also here's a better pic of the XL, i'll add it to the OP

CK9ibooVEAI4dgv.png

Wow only like ?130 for the xl?!

edit: this can't be right for us... the monster hunter REGULAR new 3ds is ?170...

Last edited:
Serious concedering trading my new 3dd regular and 2ds to get this XL.

Last edited:
Wow only like ?130 for the xl?!

edit: this can't be right for us... the monster hunter REGULAR new 3ds is ?170...

????
No one ever said how much the XL will be in pounds.

Just because it's AUD$270 does not mean that its outright current conversion (?126.52) will be it's price. It'll probably be the same price as the MH4U and MM New 3DS Bundles, 'cause the HHD one is only $20 more than those were here, but that's becuase the MM and MH4U ones didn't come with the game in Australia.

Straight conversion will rarely be accurate for product prices in different regions, if ever.

If the Monster Hunter 3ds cost ?170 then I would expect the bundle for Happy Home Designer to cost ?190-?200. That's probably too much money for me when I'll either have enough to spend or be completely broke haha.

Straight conversion will rarely be accurate for product prices in different regions, if ever.

If the Monster Hunter 3ds cost ?170 then I would expect the bundle for Happy Home Designer to cost ?190-?200. That's probably too much money for me when I'll either have enough to spend or be completely broke haha.

if the MH one was ?170, then I expect the AC one to be the same price, because they both came pre-installed with the game, so the bundles are basically the same when it comes to contents (and if you want to get technical, MH actually has a higher RRP than most first party 3DS games [Pokemon/Zelda/Mario/AC], so the AC bundle might be cheaper, though it probably won't be so don't get your hopes up!!). The only difference is that the AC one will come with one amiibo card, but I highly doubt that one little amiibo card will buff the price up by anything - and even if it somehow does, there's no way it'll add another ?20-30 to the price tag.

Oh right, I didn't know the Monster Hunter one came with the game.

Then yeah, I would expect the Happy Home Designer bundle to be around the same price. The amiibo card included should offset the fact that Happy Home Designer is a little cheaper than Monster Hunter (although I have seen the latter go for ?20-?25 on deals recently for some reason).

$5 for a 3 pack of cards? NOPE, I'll bit one or two but NOPE, I would think it was $5 for 6 cards...

$5 for a 3 pack of cards? NOPE, I'll bit one or two but NOPE, I would think it was $5 for 6 cards...

it's not that bad tbh. honestly i was expecting them to be $5.95, so seeing them turn out to only be $4.95 was a nice surprise.

that said, i really hope that they'll sell for $4, instead of $4.95, since the figures RRP is $17.95, but they sell for $17 at most places. so if the cards sell for $4 in most places i'd be pretty happy. i only plan on buying ~5 packs of cards per series anyway. Hopefully I can get the NPC's i want.

so how come us in the uk have to pay SO MUCH MORE?! :(

(An extra $100 Aussi Dollars!!!!!)

Last edited:
so how come us in the uk have to pay SO MUCH MORE?! :(

(An extra $100 Aussi Dollars!!!!!)

because the pound and Australian dollar are stupidly uncomplimentary to each other

Back