• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

NEW 3DS XL confirmed for Europe and Australia

Jake

BACK OF!
Retired Staff
Bells
Switch
5027-8795-7985
Timmy Christmas Doll
Togepi Easter Egg
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Rainbow Feather
Gold Trophy (First Place)
New Year's Party Popper
Pokéball
Bell Bag Badge
Easter Bunny
Snow Globe
Nintendo UK has just tweeted out an image, confirming that the AC:HHD New 3DS XL bundle will release in Europe, along with the white New 3DS with the HHD cover plates.

animal-crossing-happy-home-designer-items-europe.jpg

They also showed an image of the amiibo stuff so I'll post that, too

CK7Fp0PWgAEc0OR.png

There was also a PR release from Nintendo of Europe which earlier confirmed this news (and then when I made thread Ninty UK tweeted the pic lol) - which doesn't really give off anything new now that the bundles have been officially revealed, but I'll link it below regardless. There's also a statement which (to me, anyway), makes it sound like that the amiibo card included with the game will either be Isabelle or Tom Nook. That's just how I read it anyway, but I bolded it for reference. It also seems the only way to get the Happy Home Designer cover plates will be in the bundle.

Key 2015 title accompanied by new hardware bundles, cover plates and amiibo cards

27th July, 2015 – To celebrate the launch of Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems on 2nd October, Nintendo of Europe is launching a range of new products – including all-new hardware bundles – to give fans of the series and new players alike a variety of options to enjoy a one-of-a-kind handheld gaming experience like only Nintendo offers.

From 2nd October, Animal Crossing fans with a penchant for interior or exterior design can go all out with Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. Join the Nook’s Homes family business and make hundreds of your favourite animals happy by designing their dream home – some might even ask you to spruce up their garden! Go beyond home decor and try your hand at bigger projects like a school or a caf? and assign unexpected roles to some of your favourite animal friends.

At launch, a limited number of copies of the game sold in stores will come with one special amiibo card that allows the player to call up the card’s character and let their imagination run wild designing a house for them. What kind of home would you build for Tom Nook or Isabelle? Additional amiibo cards will be sold separately in packs of three. Out of these three, one card will always be a special amiibo card, meaning it features a character whose house you won’t be able to build without using its amiibo card. Each card can be used across multiple copies of the game, so they’re perfect for collecting and trading with friends.

Owners of New Nintendo 3DS or New Nintendo 3DS XL systems can tap the amiibo card to the NFC area on the bottom screen, while owners of original Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL or Nintendo 2DS systems can purchase the NFC Reader/Writer accessory to enjoy amiibo functionality in compatible software.

The launch of Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer for Nintendo 3DS will be accompanied by the following additional releases on 2nd October:

? New Nintendo 3DS + Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer Pack: a white New Nintendo 3DS system with a digital copy of Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer* , a unique set of cover plates** and one special amiibo card

? New Nintendo 3DS XL Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer Edition: a white New Nintendo 3DS XL system with a unique, game-themed cover design, a digital copy of Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer* and one special amiibo card

? Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer + NFC Reader/Writer Pack: a physical copy of the Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer game, one special amiibo card and the NFC Reader/Writer accessory

? Standalone NFC Reader/ Writer accessory

? New Nintendo 3DS cover plates No. 5 (featuring K.K. Slider), 6 (featuring Isabelle) and 27 (featuring a variety of animals from the series).

? Series 1 Animal Crossing amiibo cards Pack: each pack contains 1 special amiibo card and 2 regular amiibo cards)

Whether you’re new to the Nintendo 3DS experience or an existing system owner, the perfect bundle for Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer from 2nd October.

http://nintendoeverything.com/happy-days-on-3ds-with-animal-crossing-happy-home-designer-europe/

pics of the cover plates;
06-vCtGdPk.jpg
10-bkztd7c.jpg
02-SffDyJi.jpg

Last edited:
oh shoot those look really dope

Ooh, yes!! I'm hoping I can get my hands on the New 3DS XL. :D

Last edited:
Nice! I won't have the money or maybe the need for the New 3ds xl but it is great to know others can get it. Do we have any idea for prices for any of those items? Especially the cards or the bundle with the reader since I want those!

Nice! I won't have the money or maybe the need for the New 3ds xl but it is great to know others can get it. Do we have any idea for prices for any of those items? Especially the cards or the bundle with the reader since I want those!

No prices as of yet, but I don't think they'll be too far away

For North America, the Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate edition was $229.99 compared to the regular $199.99 price, so it's really not far off and actually cheaper than if you were to buy the game and XL separately.

I hope NA gets it! From this news, we definitely will be

Keeping my fingers crossed for NA release!

yep and here i am refreshing Game and Amazon in hopes of it becoming available for pre-order!

Wahey, EU and UK!! Great news. Heh...and now I'll be spidering all over the internet, hoping for NA news so we can share a tiny moment of international triumph!

yep and here i am refreshing Game and Amazon in hopes of it becoming available for pre-order!

Haha, me too! I 'm also watching the Nintendo Official UK Store like a hawk.

As soon as the new 3ds/cover plate bundle comes up for pre order, I'm placing mine!

I just noticed:
"At launch, a limited number of copies of the game sold in stores will come with one special amiibo card "

That's pretty annoying to hear, because GAME is the main competitor and its instore prices are inflated beyond belief. Mario Kart 8 costs ?50 instore there. Normally 3DS games cost ?35 on GAME's site but cost ?40 in store basically for ever. I don't think that one card is worth ?5 to be honest, I'll just go for the blind packs and be hopeful.

Regarding this image:
animal-crossing-happy-home-designer-items-europe.jpg

The regular new 3DS has the HHD coverplates that look really nice in my opinion, better than the XL. They won't be exclusive to that bundle will they? Hopefully not although who knows how much money I'll have in October? I might want to get that bundle!
Is it only in white? I would want the Xenoblade coverplates which look REALLY awesome but better with the black new 3ds.

I see that HHD and NFC reader bundle and want it bad too though, if I can't get a new 3ds.

i bought the isabelle cover from japan right after i got my new 3ds :D its awesome.
And the second cover with all the faces i need that too lol...
Also preordered from japan a cover with happy home designer design too :D

I said when i got the new 3ds that i was not going to start to hord coverplates :p
Guess i was mistaken lol, got to figure out a way to display the covers that are not in use in a fancy way!

Just wondering when they are going to announce the amiibo figures too? cause i have seen them online :p
And i want them all lol...

I live in NA, if I bought this 3DS XL could I play my NA games on it? I'm really wanting them to release it in NA :/

I live in NA, if I bought this 3DS XL could I play my NA games on it? I'm really wanting them to release it in NA :/

Nope, the 3DS family is region locked. You could only play your NA games on a NA 3DS(XL)/2DS/N3DS(XL)

This is surely a hint that it will come in the US! I need that New 3DS XL HHD Bundle!

Back