• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do hitting villagers ACTUALLY make them move out?

CaliNewLeaf

Fauna ♡
Bells
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Winter Mittens
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Cake
So I was wondering if hitting/pushing villagers actually force them to move out?

Many people I've seen said no that it doesn't.
But last night my friend and I did it to Bunnie
and the next day she pinged me a bunch and then asked to move out...

therefore it worked for me...

So I'm just wondering, is it a myth and was that a coincidence?

Or does it actually work..

I think what you observed was just a coincidence. To my knowledge, if you hit villagers with tools or push them around, it actually encourages them to stay in town longer. The only surefire ways to get a villager to move out as quickly as possible are to deliberately screw up their requests a lot or just ignore them completely.

Hitting a villager lowers their friendship level, making them want to stay longer. So that was a coincidence, you may have been good friends with Bunnie after all

Hitting a villager lowers their friendship level, making them want to stay longer. So that was a coincidence, you may have been good friends with Bunnie after all

Wow. So I should be hitting Diana and Fauna and all of that xD?

Definitely a coincedence. If anything, being close friends with them makes them move out

Ugh I know. Muffy moved into my town not even a week ago and I've talked to her every other day, sent her a few letters, and whenever she asked me to do something for her I did it.

Now she wants to move out. :( Luckily she pinged me and it gave me the option to push her not to go.

Even if you hit them and/or have low friendship level, if you hear rumors of them moving out and don't talk to them for 5 days they'll move.

Last edited:
Two humans hitting one poor bunny, shame on you! There should be an animal protection in game :p

I know everyone says it doesn't work but I got all 10 villagers I didn't want to move out and got all my dreamies fairly quickly by pushing and hitting the ones I didn't want to stay. So honestly maybe it's not supposed to happen, but hey whatever works for you, I say go for it.

I think that was pure coincidence that the villager moved out of your town. There is a video somewhere on YouTube that explains the way to get villagers to move out. They said to not hit or push them because that just makes it worse and they stay longer. You can either ignore them with a new player slot or become their best friend. Becomes best friends takes a while though so you best bet is to create a new character. With the new character, talk to the villager once to introduce yourself and then never talk to them again. The game with think the villager is unneeded and them have the character move within a week or so.

Back