• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Upgrading to Windows 10

Are you upgrading to Windows 10?

• I'm upgrading to Windows 10

Votes: 33 40.2%
  • I'm not bothering

Votes: 33 40.2%
  • I am not eledgible because Im running either an unsupported Windows service pack, or am using vista

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • Im already using it :P Im using technical preview / insider program

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Other option that wasnt listed above / I dont know what Windows is

Votes: 8 9.8%

• Total voters
I'm definitely getting windows 10, it's great that it's free. Hopefully I don't get too confused by it considering I had windows 8 for almost a year, but then my laptop got wiped.

Microsoft skipped windows 9 completely and went for 10 ;-)

rumour is that a lot of programs had lazy code along the lines of: if {windows_version_begins_with_9 = true} ... ie. the era of 95 and 98, so microsoft decided to ditch 9 in favour of 10

Last edited:
I need a new laptop for school, and I was planning on getting one with Vista or 7 because I hate 8 so much. I'm so happy that there's going to be a free upgrade for 10 I can't even stand it. Does anyone know if it's going to be similar to 8? Or are there videos up of people messing around with the like, preview versions? Seriously, I'm going to be so pissed if it's just like, 8.5

Mac is love.
Mac is life.

I don't even really want Windows on my computer buutttt if I wanted to play Sims 3 properly, I had no choice.
I don't plan on upgrading like ever, though.

I need a new laptop for school, and I was planning on getting one with Vista or 7 because I hate 8 so much. I'm so happy that there's going to be a free upgrade for 10 I can't even stand it. Does anyone know if it's going to be similar to 8? Or are there videos up of people messing around with the like, preview versions? Seriously, I'm going to be so pissed if it's just like, 8.5
If I could shortly describe Windows 10, it would be Windows 7-8.
The Start Menu of Windows 7 is back.

@ZanessaGaily Did you know about the recent discovery of a virus in Apple Mac computers?
Experts at Apple warn that it takes a couple of bytes out of your apple. XD

Last edited:

Windows vista is obsolete and soon will 7 be.
Your better off with the latest OS as Microsoft will stop supporting older operating systems with security updates. Plus vista is very old and wasn't great to begin with ;-)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Anyway peoples its less than 24hours to the release of windows 10, another milestone.

i reserved the copy but i wont upgrade for a while. i like windows 7 .3.

I'm one of the few people who finds Windows 8 to be tolerable (not saying that it's good).

That being said, I probably will upgrade to 10 eventually, cause it would be nice, but it's not priority.

If I had Windows 7? No way in hell would I upgrade.

But since I have crappy Windows 8.1, I might as well check out Windows 10.

windows seven is bae (>‿◠)✌

ah..but i had windows eight at some point and it was terrible. switched back to windows seven a month prior, and windows ten looks similar so i wont even bother. im honestly not into the new/updated technology look and design, i most likely wont even use a majority of the applications that comes with it

at the current moment I'm sticking to 8.1
I've done a little bit of customizing to make it enjoyable and usable to my up most standards and every day use.
I may upgrade in the next 3-4 months, maybe more. But for what I need currently, no need ^-^

I reserved the upgrade because I could, but I don't know if I'm actually going to make the switch from Windows 7. My laptop is kinda laggy as it is, I don't know if it would have problems running something newer. :s

Since I've hated 8.1 for as long as I've had my current laptop, I will be making the switch to 10 as soon as possible. What really sold me is that it's free. At least for now.

Less than an hour and half before Windows 10 will be up for downloads for Windows 7 and 8.1 owners! Also, if you check your PC's root (C:), you'll notice that "$Windows.~BT" has appeared there, assuming that you set Windows to display hidden folders. Looks like you won't have to wait for downloading if you reserved your own copy beforehand.

I read you can downgrade if you don't like it so now I'm definitely going to upgrade.
You sure?

I know you can downgrade if you have a recovery partition that allows you to restore back. Also of you have a windows installation disk of your previous operating system and its licence key.

Back