Upgrading to Windows 10

Are you upgrading to Windows 10?

• I'm upgrading to Windows 10

Votes: 33 40.2%
  • I'm not bothering

Votes: 33 40.2%
  • I am not eledgible because Im running either an unsupported Windows service pack, or am using vista

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • Im already using it :P Im using technical preview / insider program

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Other option that wasnt listed above / I dont know what Windows is

Votes: 8 9.8%

• Total voters

matt

www.rail-record.co.uk
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
4674-2909-7290
New Horizons Token
Kaleidoclover
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Tasty Cake
Famous Mushroom
Ancient Candle
Voodoo Doll
Pumpkin Cupcake
Happy Home Designer Token
Orange Mote of Flame
So i'm currently in the process of moving all my files over to external storage ready to upgrade to Windows 10 on Wednesday. Not that anyone else needs to move anything; i'll be doing a clean install so its fresh.

Who is upgrading to Windows 10 this week?
If your running Windows 7 or 8.1, youll be entitled to a free upgrade and reservation (providing you have the latest updates installed).
Windows 7 users will probably notice a big difference, Windows 8 users maybe not so different.
Upgrade is free providing you upgrade in the first year.

Whos getting their FREE upgrade? All the better to view TBT on

Last edited:
I'm definitely going to upgrade at least one of my computers to Windows 10. To me, it's basically the Windows 7 of Windows 8.1, as it not only does a much better job on laptop, desktop and tablet integration than Windows 8/8.1 ever did, but it's also increase productivity. A lot of those who experienced it (most likely those with the earlier preview builds) loved it.

I'm definitely going to upgrade at least one of my computers to Windows 10. To me, it's basically the Windows 7 of Windows 8.1, as it not only does a much better job on laptop, desktop and tablet integration than Windows 8/8.1 ever did, but it's also increase productivity. A lot of those who experienced it (most likely those with the earlier preview builds) loved it.

Absolutely. The start menu is what people missed before and similarly to 8.1, it combines both full screen and smaller start menus.

Absolutely. The start menu is what people missed before and similarly to 8.1, it combines both full screen and smaller start menus.

I actually have just been using Classic Shell for my start menu. It doesn't matter to me now that they're bringing it back.

I was going to upgrade for some reason... I forget why. It had to do with Xbox.

It comes out on wednesday?

I'll probably have a look at it before I download it. I have windows 8 so I'm automatically eligible to download it for free, though if it looks like anything remotely similar to w8 then I'm not touching it lol.

I am getting a new computer with Windows 8.1 on Wednesday and I was wondering if anyone knows if I am too late to get the free upgrade to Windows 10?

I am getting a new computer with Windows 8.1 on Wednesday and I was wondering if anyone knows if I am too late to get the free upgrade to Windows 10?
You should be eligible for the upgrade. I'm pretty sure any new Windows 8.1 computers are automatically eligible. Anyway, the upgrade is free for the first year for anyone that has everything up to date.

Nice, hopefully it runs really great and without many bugs at the start.
I never use the modern start screen on Windows 8 anyway (only had my laptop for a month and a half lol) so I don't mind getting used to something else, although it seems to be familiar.
I had some really bad problems with things not installing on my laptop and was hoping the Windows 10 update would fix it but those are sorted now so it's ok.
To be honest, I'm only updating because it's new and free!

But wait, will everything from our systems be wiped when we update? So I'll need to back everything up somewhere externally? That sounds sucky.

It comes out on wednesday?

I'll probably have a look at it before I download it. I have windows 8 so I'm automatically eligible to download it for free, though if it looks like anything remotely similar to w8 then I'm not touching it lol.

This, I hate this tablet layout and this start page.. what were they thinking lol. also i hope i can get a new can sometime soon cause this one laptop is clunky af and heaviest game I play is like Infinity Wars - TCG and Civ V lol

Did I by any chance miss windows 9 or is 9 not cool enough for windows. Do you get and email or is it a pop up notification telling you you're eligible?

Windows 10 is just a "hey we're sorry Windows 8 was such a piece of junk".
And yea I'll probably upgrade if I like the features.

Wait, so users with Windows 7 Home Premium are eligible? oops I clicked the wrong option then. Id love to upgrade, especially for free

My old computer and my mom's computer both run Windows 7, but I don't think my mom is upgrading to Windows 10 anytime soon.

As for me, I recently got a Macbook for school, and my old computer's been pretty much broken for awhile, so I'm not upgrading anything.

Did I by any chance miss windows 9 or is 9 not cool enough for windows. Do you get and email or is it a pop up notification telling you you're eligible?

Microsoft skipped windows 9 completely and went for 10 ;-)

Ew, never. I am happy with my Windows 7 and I'm sticking with it.

Lol, I was tempted to vote "I don't know what Windows is" sorry, but with everything that's advertised it throughout the years, how almost anyone knows about it, how far back it reaches, you'd have to be pretty stupid to not know what Windows is. I hope the people that vote for that option are just voting for it because "Other option that wasn't listed above"

Last edited:
Ew, never. I am happy with my Windows 7 and I'm sticking with it.

Lol, I was tempted to vote "I don't know what Windows is" sorry, but with everything that's advertised it throughout the years, how almost anyone knows about it, how far back it reaches, you'd have to be pretty stupid to not know what Windows is. I hope the people that vote for that option are just voting for it because "Other option that wasn't listed above"
I know Windows.

They are these things on houses that you can look out of. XD

Back