Moments where things potentially could have gone VERY wrong?

Monster

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Winter Mittens
I was wondering what kind of stories TBT had to offer regarding "close moments". You know, those moments where things could have gone VERY wrong, but for some reason, you lucked out.

I posted one such moment on my blog. The link is here: http://www.belltreeforums.com/entry.php?5622-A-Scary-Moment

It's pretty long, but to sum it up, the door to my house was open all night, and my ten-year old self, sick and wearing a T-shirt, was outside for some time and for some distance. I did not know how I ended up in my bed, but things could have gotten very bad...

We had an old "squish faced" van or a "beaner van" and it was old and had sliding doors and we had a very sloped driveway at the time, the van way pointed nose down on the driveway and the door opened the other way. So I opened the door and latched it, but right after starting to duck out the van I forgot I had a bag on the seat so I turned and RIGHT AS I DUCKED BACK IN the door unlatched and SLAMMED closed, it was a very heavy door and it could have done some intense head damage if it had happened, but I mean it was so close it like brushed my hair when it slammed, my head JUST cleared it... So glad I remembered that bag...

Okay when I was younger my grandad has this super old lawnmower that ran itself and he let me have a go and I accidently turned it on full speed and it sped off without me and my grandad had to chase it down the lawn (they had a super huge one that was on a corner) because it was heading towards the road and parked cars and not to mention his prized flowers (my grandad was a keen gardener). Thankfully he caught it in time and I wasn't punished haha

There was a time more recently when I didn't realize you can't put fish fingers in a deep fat fryer.. it nearly went over and caused a fire but thank god I turned the gas off in time

I went downstairs with my laundry and found my mother throwing a fit over the washing machine because it apparently wasn't draining right. So all of her clothes were still sopping wet. And then she goes to put them in the dryer.

I'm not super life-skilled but that didn't seem safe and I ran upstairs to do a quick Google search, finding that doing that can not only murder your dryer, but cause an electrical fire. I bolted downstairs and pulled all her stuff out, all the while listening to her ***** and moan because she couldn't be intelligent enough to realize I was kind of SAVING OUR DAMN HOUSE.

After a three hour argument with my father he -finally- called the place back and the guy came to fix it. Turns out the hose to the washer was kinked up. Hopefully that's the last time my father uses the "You're doing it wrong" approach on us =/ Seriously, he was telling us we weren't "loading it evenly" and that's why it wouldn't drain.

***** please.

I have two things that come to mind.

When we were younger, my family went to Hershey Park. My brother got lost in the park for two hours and we couldn't find him, luckily he just walked past my mom when she was sitting on a bench, crying. He was perfectly fine.

When I went to an amusement park about two years ago, I went on the one that shoots your really high up? Can't think of the right terminology, but hopefully you know what I'm saying. Anyway, I went on but my thing wasn't buckled, or rather it came unbuckled as it was about to start. They held up their thumbs up to tell them to start the right, and I freaked out. I was like "NO! WE ARE NOT READY!" and luckily they fixed it. But man was that scary.

I have two things that come to mind.

When we were younger, my family went to Hershey Park. My brother got lost in the park for two hours and we couldn't find him, luckily he just walked past my mom when she was sitting on a bench, crying. He was perfectly fine.

When I went to an amusement park about two years ago, I went on the one that shoots your really high up? Can't think of the right terminology, but hopefully you know what I'm saying. Anyway, I went on but my thing wasn't buckled, or rather it came unbuckled as it was about to start. They held up their thumbs up to tell them to start the right, and I freaked out. I was like "NO! WE ARE NOT READY!" and luckily they fixed it. But man was that scary.
I see you watched final destination 3 hours before,didnt u? okno._.
However,if you didn't freaked out,u probably would be dead

Last edited:
Two weeks before graduation back in May, I fell off of my friend's moving vehicle.

****ed up my knee pretty bad, luckily it was only skin stuff, and nothing was broken.

Had to wear and change bandage every night for about three weeks.

Last edited:
I feel like I have these moments every time I drive around where I live. People here are terrible and scary drivers.

In fact, I went to the car wash earlier today and nearly got hit like 3 times. The car was is only like 5 miles from my house.

Last edited:
bruh,thats nothing compared where i live.
Bus drivers drive faster than sonic,motociclists also drive as sonic,when a truck is there and then a 2nd truck passes him,a new race has started...
Even through,a bus driver ran over a old lady who was selling doritos and stuff like that,the b*****d didn't even take his time to see what happened

Last edited:
bruh,thats nothing compared where i live.
Bus drivers drive faster than sonic,motociclists also drive as sonic,when a truck is there and then a 2nd truck passes him,a new race has started...
Even through,a bus driver ran over a old lady who was selling doritos and stuff like that,the b*****d didn't even take his time to see what happened
Oh my gosh this sounds so awful. They ran over an old lady?!? Someone needs to be fired, at the LEAST

Yep,the old lady looked very poor,worse,the lady died inmediately when the bus ran over her,and the cherry in the cake? the lady was 79,the following day she could have 80 yrs old

when i was little, and (bear with me) i plucked out my eyelashes. i know it sounds really dumb but that's what happened. that's why to this day i have short eyelashes.

My entire life.

I almost agreed but then I remembered that my life couldn't have POTENTIALLY gone very wrong, it already HAS gone very wrong.

But uh, a few hours after I got my temps I rammed into a parked car twice. In reverse. I mean I wasn't going fast and I didn't kill anyone though so I guess that's good?

Back