• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Can't find a rice grasshopper?...

LunaLight

Fairy
Bells
Switch
3710-3658-1121
The rice grasshopper is the last thing I need to complete my museum. I've caught it before (All encyclopedias are filled) but can't remember. I can't find it ANYWHERE. All I'm catching are migratory locusts, grasshoppers, or long locusts. Yes, I have the time of day correct. They're found on grass, but for some reason they aren't spawning. I've heard they can be caught on the island, so I've been trying there since my town has flowers everywhere. Why aren't these dumb things spawning?

Are you in August/September? I don't think they come out until then.

Are you in August/September? I don't think they come out until then.

*le sigh* ...............
Like I stated, I've been at the island. That's in August.

Last edited:
It might not appear on the island.
If the island was set in august you would be able to catch jellyfish as well.
I looked online at bugs that are able to be caught on the island and the rice grasshopper was not listed.
August isn't that far away though, and if your careful you could TT to august

*le sigh* ...............
Like I stated, I've been at the island. That's in August.

Yeah you can't catch them on the island. Always a good idea to check your facts before you're impatient with people who are helping you >.< <3 <3 <3

Try the train station for a town set in August. Found that Bug off is a good day to catch missing bugs.
The time is 8am to 5pm for the rice grasshopper.

Last edited:
Just letting you know on the main screen this shows up as 'Can't find a rice'. Looks weird.

Yeah you can't catch them on the island. Always a good idea to check your facts before you're impatient with people who are helping you >.< <3 <3 <3

YASSS SLAYYYYY!!!
DRAG HERRRR!!!

Last edited:

You go!
Everyone just be nice c:

No need to sound so matter-of-fact about it, lol. You didn't "tell me so". I didn't begin to get impatient. Chill out.

- - - Post Merge - - -

YASSS SLAYYYYY!!!
DRAG HERRRR!!!

Can you not... :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

It might not appear on the island.
If the island was set in august you would be able to catch jellyfish as well.
I looked online at bugs that are able to be caught on the island and the rice grasshopper was not listed.
August isn't that far away though, and if your careful you could TT to august

Thanks! I'll try it out ^_^ I assumed it was catchable on the island since dozens of people were saying that it was ;-;

- - - Post Merge - - -

Try the train station for a town set in August. Found that Bug off is a good day to catch missing bugs.
The time is 8am to 5pm for the rice grasshopper.

Oh yeah, I actually haven't thought of that. Thanks! Since I unfortunately can't TT until the 27th (it'll mess up my game if I go past that day... Grrr), I'll try to see if someone has their town in August or if anyone's willing to go a couple weeks ahead. :lemon:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Just letting you know on the main screen this shows up as 'Can't find a rice'. Looks weird.

;_; SOMEONE TOOK MAH RICE.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I agree
no need to have an attitude with the people trying to help you

You say "people" as if more than one. It was one person, who I wasn't getting rude nor impatient with. I said "le sigh". If it was "SIGHHHHHHHH. -______-" then yeah, but I personally didn't think it was rude. At least I didn't expect it to come out as rude. My apologies.

Back