• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Pokemon Z Speculation Thread

The dog forme is the only good one..the "Perfect" forme is hideous.

IMO i think the dog one is the worst LOL

but yea I agree with the prefect one. I don't think it needs that tail at all.

- - - Post Merge - - -

also the end of the trailer shows the blobs merging together so i'm guessing maybe they merge together to form zygarde or its mega evolution or sth??

also damn i was p much correct god bless bidoof

Uh

WHAT

Now I'm interested in knowing how a snake can turn into a dog and a human giant thing.

I guess they were serious when they said they wanted to do something nobody would expect.

It has a face on its chest. Cannot unsee what now looks like a stupidly goofy "thing" they are calling zygarde.

Last edited:
Well hopefully this at least means we'll get a Pok?mon Z release in Fall of 2016... :)

I don't like the look of the dog form haha. The blob forms are meh. The perfect form looks like something I could get to liking although yeah I see that face on the chest. It looked cooler as the shadowy outline I think - it looked more thin and sleek but it looks a bit wider to me although that might just be the angle and tail.

I hope that the Ash-Greninja isn't a mega form, it looks too similar to normal for me. The head is the only thing that has changed it seems. What are the blue scythe watery things it's holding though?

I hope that the Ash-Greninja isn't a mega form, it looks too similar to normal for me. The head is the only thing that has changed it seems. What are the blue scythe watery things it's holding though?

I don't think it's a mega. If there wasn't mega sceptile in the background then I'd be more inclined to tihnk it was mega greninja, but since ash has a sceptile and you cna see mega sceptile in the background (which is near noivern and talonflame - both pokemon owned by ash), I'd say it's safe to assume that it belongs to him.

the greninja thing could be related to Serena contests or whatever they are, just like how Ash entered some in hoenn and sinnoh, he could be doing it again this season with Greninja. and the scythe might just be a water shuriken, idk.

The mega sceptile might belong to scottie. His grovyle and ash's frogadier have a rivalry

corocoro815th.jpg

Looks like a new form of Metagross

- - - Post Merge - - -

with more legs

Seriously, when I first saw the shadowed image of Zygarde's form in the first leak, I thought "Dagomon" (the shadow in the title from Digimon Zero Two, episode 13).

Now that I've seen them...a mecha and a dog? Isn't Zygarde supposed to be dragon/ground? A mecha and a dog isn't exactly what I picture when someone says "dragon".

...Pokemon meets Transformers?

Last edited:
there's some more details on the formes

"Following the leak in CoroCoro, the official reveal for the new Zygarde forms has come. Most of the forms keep their name, but Zygarde Perfect Forme is to be called Zygarde Complete Forme in the west.
Zygarde Cell: This stage has been identified as the single Cells that make up Zygarde. Cells do not possess any will or thought processes. They're found scattered throughout the region. Since they can't use any moves, researchers question whether they can even be called Pok?mon!
Zygarde Core: At this stage, this aspect of Zygarde is little more than a part of the Pok?mon's brain. Unlike the Cells, the Cores are self-aware and can communicate with Cells and other Cores via telepathy. When a change occurs in the local region's ecosystem, Cores have been known to take action.
Zygarde 10% Forme: Zygarde 10% is the Forme that the Zygarde Core takes when it gathers 10% of the Cells nearby. Capable of traveling over 60 mph (100 km/h), it defeats enemies with its sharp fangs and its incredible speed.
Zygarde Complete Forme: This is the perfect Forme that Zygarde takes when the Core gathers 100% of the Cells. When the ecosystem is under threat, and the Core concludes that the 50% Forme will be unable to deal with it, the Core takes on the Complete Forme. Its power is said to be greater than that of the Legendary Pok?mon Xerneas and Yveltal!
"

cell.jpg
core.jpg
10.jpg
complete.jpg

there's also some stuff about the anime/ash greninja but i trimmed that out and i've posted that in the general pokemon thread

Last edited:
So is regular Zygarde just a bunch of different soul/spirits/minds working together as one body or is it just one single entity/conscious?

So is regular Zygarde just a bunch of different soul/spirits/minds working together as one body or is it just one single entity/conscious?

from what i'd gathered regular zygarde is the blob (or zygarde core) but this new info seems to debunk that so idk

Actually, with the detailed information of the forms (cell, 10%, 50%, perfect)...I have to agree with the JWittz's review of it in that it's very reminiscent of Cell from DBZ in that aspect.

At this point, it's all theory gathered from what has been leaked.
Personally, I don't think it's a collection of minds/spirits working together. It's possible that these "cell" forms might be individually sentient, and we've seen from leaked images that there are more than one of them...but perhaps/it's more likely that they either have a hive mind sort of system running during the cell stage, and-or they become one entity when they form into the next stage with a single mind (as these are cells, which make up the creature; and if this wasn't the world of pokemon, I wouldn't even consider that they might be sentient).

I wonder how this all works out evolution wise... Are they all forms of Zygarde like Vivillon have forms for example, or are they each their own Pokemon or evolve into each other in sets?? :confused:

I really hope Zygarde is his own character/concious and not just a collection of the core's, because otherwise he'd basically be
Monstar.PNG
this guy from Paper Mario.

Think of it like real life, an animal is made up of lots of cells. But it doesn't stop it being that animal even just because it is made up of collective cells.

I think in this sense all Pokemon have the cell idea, just that in zygarde's case each cell seems to have uh..."advanced functioning"?

guy who runs Serebii tweeted this

Joe Merrick ‏@JoeMerrick 3m3 minutes ago

Now it looks like Pok?mon Tretta is receiving an upgrade to Pok?mon Tretta Ultimate Z and includes Complete Forme Zygarde. Hmm...

I hope you'll be able to combine 2 regular (50 %) forms to create 100% forms. I don't know how that would work. Proboly a new key item?

Back