• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Awkward Moments

Eve

Bells
Alright! This is a thread for those awkward moments irl. Here's a few:

When you make a joke, but you say it wrong, and everything goes silent.

When someone you know makes a terrible painting. They ask, "Isn't it great?" and you don't want to lie, and you don't want to be mean either, so you don't say anything...

When you fart during a ceremony.

The first one happens to me the most. ;) Any one else have awkward moments they'd like to share?

Walking into a room full of people which is dead silent. The third one on your list... That doesn't happen to me, but for some reason it frequently happens to people around me. Pls just hold it will you.

Last edited:
i once called a ******** person ********

in case u dont know, you dont call a ******** person ********. you call ur friends ******** when they're acting like a ******** person

we were taking a standarized test and i fell asleep and my head slipped from my hand / chin rest and my head smashed into the table and made a huge booming sound in the auditorium and my nose bled :/

When you are sitting with a friend and its silent and you wanna strike up a conversation but you dont know what to say and it just stays quiet. So awkward. Hapoens to me all the time cause Im bad at choosing topics for conversations lmao.

When people take something you said the complete wrong way.

Dropping stuff in public and struggling to pick it back up and people just watch you...this happened to me today. And then someone tried to help but I said no thanks and they just looked at me. ugghh, awkward

When your walking down the hall and another person is walking down the opposite direction in your path. You both change direction only to get blocked again. Afterwards you do an awkward shuffle, taking several times to get out each other's way.

When u try to talk to yo crush and its like
You:Emm...Hi!
Crush:uhh hi?
5 second dead silence
You:well,bye!
Crush:Bye

5 second dead silence

Congratulations! You just described 75% of relationships

That awkward moment when everyone else has left the classroom and you're the only one left still getting your stuff, and the teacher is just sitting there trying to look busy so you don't get embarassed.

Last edited:
When you accidentally put the milk in the cuboard instead of the cereal until you realize a few second later what you just did

When you want to tell someone a funny joke but you mess up

When you're watching a movie with your family and there is a sex scene

Last edited:
When you accidentally put the milk in the cuboard instead of the cereal until you realize a few second later what you just did

When you want to tell someone a funny joke but you mess up

When you're watching a movie with your family and there is a sex scene

Yep,and worse if casually is something that you cant change it

Last edited:
Few years ago I was watching a car commercial that had a Rube Goldberg contraption in class, and next to me the person I liked suddenly told me that it took 600 times (can't remember the exact number) to get the experiment to work. I was really startled because not only I was focused on the projector screen I didn't expect him to talk to me and all I said was "That's nice." I could have tried to turn it into an actual conversation but I froze ****

Another thing I find it awkward is when you start to talk someone else speak over you and everybody listens to that person.

Few years ago I was watching a car commercial that had a Rube Goldberg contraption in class, and next to me the person I liked suddenly told me that it took 600 times (can't remember the exact number) to get the experiment to work. I was really startled because not only I was focused on the projector screen I didn't expect him to talk to me and all I said was "That's nice." I could have tried to turn it into an actual conversation but I froze ****

Another thing I find it awkward is when you start to talk someone else speak over you and everybody listens to that person.

Omg first one's happened to me before several times. You kind of freeze up sort of in a freeze frame.

And the second one isn't awkward, just rude of the person speaking over you :p

Wow! I never would've thought of this stuff! ^_^ All these awkward crush moments have happened to me sooooo many times.

Trying to sleep on the floor while your friend and her girlfriend are making out and stuff in the bed just a few feet away from you...

5 second dead silence

Unlike most people, the guy I like I'm really good friends with. I saw him pretty much every day at school. However, whenever I see him in a store or something I get really shy and stuff.

Unlike most people, the guy I like I'm really good friends with. I saw him pretty much every day at school. However, whenever I see him in a store or something I get really shy and stuff.

Ikr? You see him every day at school, and you're fine! You see him at a store, and you freak out! ;)

Back