Satoru Iwata Passed Away on July 11th

RIP Iwata! Thank you for making the games that you're involved made possible! You may gone physically, but memories of you will live on in our hearts!

I cried when I heard the news. He did so, so much.

RIP Iwata. Thank you so much for your spirit and everything you did. You will be missed.

Thank you for the memories Satori Iwata and you will be missed by so many including myself. :(

Now i'm gonna play some games cause Iwata wanted everyone to have fun playing video games so thats what ill do.

R.i.p Satoru, will miss your bowing, arm stretched out and the "please take a look" moments in the Nintendo directs. :( xx

Some neat Miiverse posts.
CJw_JmcUMAAiyis.jpg:large

RIP Iwata may he rest in peace :(

I'm wondering how Nintendo will fare without him...

RIP Satoru Iwata. You were and are an amazing person! :D
I am going to dedicate my Ness amiibo in your memory.

Last edited:
So so sad. It is a great loss within the Nintendo community.

I saw this on Twitter and although so upsetting it is still very fitting to a great man.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Normally I'd do a "RIP in pasta" as a non serious joke, but this man, this ****ing man was one of the biggest faces in Nintendo history and it's a shame to see him have to go, But it was going to happen eventually, he didn't deserve to die but that's the sad thing about life when it takes people out like this.

May he go jump with the Mario's, Hunt for heart containers with elf boys, frolic around in dream land or even pet some Nintendogs, I hope his journey to the other side will be his most peaceful, he will be missed by friends, family and even Nintendo fans.

Rest in peace.

such a sad time for many nintendo fans rip only 55 years old

hopefully shigeru miyamoto will be the new president of nintendo

yes, he was
I was gonna say of gaming history, but a big part of this generation of gamers wouldn't really know who Iwata was unless they were into Nintendo systems, but I could be wrong here.

In that case, I hope I am wrong because the guy was just so nice to be honest, even when he was telling us to "Please Understand"

Last edited:
I was gonna say of gaming history, but a big part of this generation of gamers wouldn't really know who Iwata was unless they were into Nintendo systems, but I could be wrong here.

In that case, I hope I am wrong because the guy was just so nice to be honest, even when he was telling us to "Please Understand"

the current generation being rather narrow-minded still doesn't change how notable he was though

especially when said generation has a lot of people that don't care about much of ANY faces in the gaming industry, and as such treats the medium as simply disposable entertainment without a real care to those involved in the creation process

This was so unexpected, it utterly broke my heart... me and my boyfriend were both crying at the news last night. Iwata was such an amazing man and always brought a smile to my face.. He always did his best to bring people happiness and fun with all the wonderful games he worked on, and he'll live on forever in those stories.
Thank you, Satoru Iwata.

Last edited:
Back