• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Wacom help?

biibii

pudding dog.
Apple 🍎
Persimmon 🍅
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
0713-6060-7729
Rainbow Star Fragment
Spring Sakura
Dreamy Easter Egg
Spring Sakura
Flower Glow Wand
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
I found a wacom at a local thrift store for $5 dollars (Wacom bamboo) and I wanted to know where I could buy a pen for it because i t did not come with one! If anyone has a spare pen I may have / buy from them please let me know!!

If you all could posts links or smth BC I already watched and found regular ballpoint pens that are named "bamboo"

i would also look up on the driver that you need for the tablet. since the line has been discontinued, some of the older models may not have a driver support for the newer computer systems; if your tablet comes with tabs, i would also suggest that you install the driver and test if the tablet connects or responds at all before you go off and purchase the pen; good luck :)

I! Confused?

if you are confused about what i was saying...hopefully i am making myself clearer...

bamboo is a line; there are different models under the bamboo line. some are older and some are newer. some of the bamboo pens will only work with specific models. in order for your tablet to work, you need to install a "driver" or a "program" on your computer (drivers can be downloaded from the official wacom website); this program allows your computer to recognize the things that you are doing on the tablet. different models have different drivers / programs, and these programs may only be compatible with certain operating systems. for example, i have an intuos 4 tablet, i need to install an intuos 4 - win 8 driver on my win 8 laptop for my tablet to be functional on my laptop. the tablet will be essentially useless if it does not have a driver that is compatible with your current operating system. also, you can sort of "test" the tablet to see if it is still in working condition by trying to connect the tablet to your computer once you have the right driver downloaded and installed. if there are tabs (for example that allow you to zoom in and out), you can test to see if the art program on your computer responds to such commends; if your tablet does not connect to the computer, you are wasting your money to try and get a pen for it; but again, even if your tablet does connect, there is still a chance that the tablet is too old to respond to a pen.

Helloooo! Congrats on your bamboo tablet!
You can find your necessary driver (what ssvv was talking about) here: http://us.wacom.com/en/support/drivers/ you just have to find the model you have!
And as for the pen: https://buywacom.com.au/products/accessories/pens.html (sorry im from aus, so its sends me to the aus store, just google wacom store and it will send you to the store for your country if you're not from aus)
Once again, you need to work out the model, it usually says it on the back, or just google image search and try to match yours to others from the bamboo range :)
if you have any other questions feel free to message me!

Last edited:
this ring thing turned on idk if that means it works though??? like an xbox ring type thingy

image.jpg

- - - Post Merge - - -

like that^^^

that is not my tablet though

this ring thing turned on idk if that means it works though??? like an xbox ring type thingy

View attachment 132336

- - - Post Merge - - -

like that^^^

that is not my tablet though
I'm pretty that just means you connected it with your computer via USB when it lights up. You still need to install the program/driver, as ssvv227 said, and see if it is compatible with your computer's system.

Back