• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Pokkén Tournament: Discussion and Speculation

Cam1

Opera Singer
Bells
Winter Mittens
Pumpkin Cupcake
Voodoo Doll
Blue Mote of Flame
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Blue Balloon
Blue Candy
Togepi Easter Egg
With the release soon in Japan, I figured I would make a speculation thread to just talk about whats been confirmed for the game, and what we think will/would like to see happen.

Pikachu
Lucario
Charizard
Suicune
Gardevoir
Gengar
Weavile
Machamp
Blaziken
Pikachu Libre
Shadow Mewtwo
Mewtwo
Sceptile
Braixen
Chandelure
Garchomp
Snivy
Lapras
Fennekin
Emolga
Eevee
Jirachi
Whimsicott
Frogadier
Magikarp
Sylveon
Pachirisu
Dragonite
Farfetch'd
Electrode
Togekiss
Rotom
Victini
Croagunk
Espeon
Umbreon
Diglett
Dugtrio
Cubone
Quagsire

So, what other pokemon do you think will make it on the roster, if any more?

EDIT: Release date for the Wii U in NA/EU: March 18 (????)

Last edited:
Is it confirmed how many they intend to start with? Since this is Namco they probs could do time released characters like they have with Tekken 7. I'm thinking Blaziken is one and I'm hoping they don't ignore the water and grass starters..if I had to pick who would be cool I'd say Samurott and Chestnaught. I can't really tell where they will go beyond that tho, I feel like a lot of their picks a part from Suicune are predictable as hell..I mean they are all popular, so I can't fault them for that.

Is it confirmed how many they intend to start with? Since this is Namco they probs could do time released characters like they have with Tekken 7. I'm thinking Blaziken is one and I'm hoping they don't ignore the water and grass starters..if I had to pick who would be cool I'd say Samurott and Chestnaught. I can't really tell where they will go beyond that tho, I feel like a lot of their picks a part from Suicune are predictable as hell..I mean they are all popular, so I can't fault them for that.

There isnt a comfirmed amount, but looking at the character select screen it looks like theres room for quite a few more.

I didnt see Weavile coming at all.

Ah right, I wonder if they will keep it relatively small like 16 Pok?mon just to see if it becomes a hit or not.

I guess Weavile isn't as obvious as the rest tbh, I'm glad to see it tho.

Im thinking it will be around 20 as well. Another I am hopig they add is Lopunny. It has the potential, especially with its new mega

I'd like Ampharos, it would be a heavyweight for this game which I'm pretty sure we don't have any yet except for maybe Machamp.

Gardevoir and Suicune look like my favorites so far. :)

I just hope Greninja makes this. And Chesnaught. They both seem suitable for a fighting game.

Also, how come they always pick Pikachu over Raichu? Raichu always gets the shortest end of the stick.

I just hope Greninja makes this. And Chesnaught. They both seem suitable for a fighting game.

Also, how come they always pick Pikachu over Raichu? Raichu always gets the shortest end of the stick.
Cause Pikachu is the mascot of the series.....

Im pretty positive that Greninja and Mewtwo will get spots, probably Jigglypuff too. Just cause of Smash

For that reason I'd rather they didn't make it in, but way more will want them so who cares what I think lol.

blaziken is most likely in the game. the original leak of the game had lucario vs blaziken, and blaziken has yet to be revealed. either they're hiding blaziken, or it got cut from the final game, but i really doubt it got cut since they had a full character model, and 8 characters isn't that much

Cause Pikachu is the mascot of the series.....

Im pretty positive that Greninja and Mewtwo will get spots, probably Jigglypuff too. Just cause of Smash
as much as i love jigglypuff and mewtwo in smash, i'd prefer they didn't make it into the game. if i want to play with those characters (and greninja, too), then I'll just play smash. i know the move sets are going to be completely different, and they've already put in pikachu, charizard and lucario, but i still just see it as a waste of slots. this is a chance we get to play as pokemon we've never been able to play as before, and i'd be really annoyed if they wasted 6 slots on characters we've already been able to play as.

as for characters i want in the game... i'd really love slowbro, lickitung, snorlax, articuno, kabutops, feraligatr, granbull, wobbuffet, heracross, blissey, sceptile, armaldo, literally everything from gen 4 (especially togekiss and darkrai), and scrafty. tho i can see almost all of them not being in the game

there aren't any gen 5/6 pokemon in the game yet, so for those, i can see emboar, simisage, excadrill, krookadile, scrafty, zoroark (please for getting scammed out of him in smash for lucario again), golurk and cobaloin from gen 5, and greninja (sadly), diggersby, pangoro, hawlucha and tyantrum from gen 6 making it in - obviously not all of those, but they're the ones i most expect to make it into the game.

i'd also really love to see some more legendaries in the game - but i can't really think of any since. suicune is a major curve ball imo.

It seems great!

Too bad it'll probably never make it to NoA... ; ;

I would main the hell out of Machamp

Last edited:
It seems great!

Too bad it'll probably never make it to NoA... ; ;

I would main the hell out of Machamp
Dw it will.
Why else would the pokemon company international have uploaded it to their YouTube channel if they didn't have any plans releasing it outside of japan? It doesn't make sense to upload something for non Japanese dwellers to see but never play. We didn't get the a thousand thieves thing uploaded, or any other japan exclusives, like the wiiware PMD and whatnot.
Plus, most tekken games start out on arcade for test reasons before getting a console release, I'd be pretty surprised if this never got a console release outside of Japan, tbh.

Dw it will.
Why else would the pokemon company international have uploaded it to their YouTube channel if they didn't have any plans releasing it outside of japan? It doesn't make sense to upload something for non Japanese dwellers to see but never play. We didn't get the a thousand thieves thing uploaded, or any other japan exclusives, like the wiiware PMD and whatnot.
Plus, most tekken games start out on arcade for test reasons before getting a console release, I'd be pretty surprised if this never got a console release outside of Japan, tbh.

Based on your other comment, I agree. I feel like they shouldnt make it in. Also, I totally agree with this. Why upload it on the international channel rather than just the Japanese Channel

Would love Raichu, but that won't happen at all.

Scizor could be interesting, with Dragonite too. I think they have a lot of Gen I Pokemon though, so I'm not sure. Hariyama would be interesting, or Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee.

Too lazy to link since I'm on mobile, but serebii posted blaziken will be playable in august

Too lazy to link since I'm on mobile, but serebii posted blaziken will be playable in august

Awesome, will add to front page!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, Frogadier is a confirmed support pokemon now

Some more gameplay.

Last edited:
Back