• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Pokkén Tournament: Discussion and Speculation

Before I got the game: Aw yiss Weavile, gonna main
After buying the game: Weavile actually sucks

Don't like how Weavile handles at all, I'm loving my boy Machamp though.

I've grown to like Weavile a lot more than when I originally started. I'm still not sure if I want to make them my main though. While I love the speed I just have such a hard time against power characters.

Also, I just beat the Chroma League today and yeah it wasn't that difficult. It did take awhile, but I only lost once against a Garchomp. It unlocked the Iron League (S Rank League) which I imagine will have the most challenging opponents.

Edit: Holy ****, why are people purposely douchebags on ranked matches. This Dark Mewtwo spammed these same two attacks that forced me to stay in place until my shield broke.

Last edited:
I've grown to like Weavile a lot more than when I originally started. I'm still not sure if I want to make them my main though. While I love the speed I just have such a hard time against power characters.

Also, I just beat the Chroma League today and yeah it wasn't that difficult. It did take awhile, but I only lost once against a Garchomp. It unlocked the Iron League (S Rank League) which I imagine will have the most challenging opponents.

Edit: Holy ****, why are people purposely douchebags on ranked matches. This Dark Mewtwo spammed these same two attacks that forced me to stay in place until my shield broke.

There are ways out of it! You just need to figure out the moves and tactics to use. People will win any way they can and giving you a chance to retaliate is obviously not a way to win.

I was playing against that chandelier pokemen last night. I was using garchomp.

First round he destroyed me. In the field phase he spammed these 3 orb combos followed by a laser beam.

I use left and right range attacked. Garchop strafes to the side dodging the first blow and throws a burst of his own but I still get hit by the orbs. I might get hit by 2 while he would take only 1 of my sonic booms. (they are pretty much guile sonic booms)

I also used dig to avoid the orbs, but the laser beam would always hit me on coming up from my dig.

And that range we go into melee and I do some damage to him. (It's still confusing to what movements break what because Im seeing my grab get countered by things other then pokes and my counter get countered by different things and its like whats going on?) So anyway we get sent back to field phase...

Then I started using jump plus heavy attack. Garchomp shoots forward and drops down ontop of the enemy but from full screen its to far away.... Its a good way to dodge those range attacks at full screen.

So now I know what to do. When he first launchs his orbs I can run forward a bit and jump over them-then I hit heavy attack and im in range and boom I hit him.

It takes a while but damn there are ways to avoid that range.

We went back and forward for like 8 rounds. In the end I ended up like 6-2 or 5-3. It was a lot of fun!

Last edited:
This game looks like fun, and I love the graphics on it. I'm not a huge fan of the roster, but it's got Chandelure and that's really all I need. ^^

Im loving it so far! The game has very cool mechanics and I'm loving my boy Suicune :)

There are ways out of it! You just need to figure out the moves and tactics to use. People will win any way they can and giving you a chance to retaliate is obviously not a way to win.

Yeah, it's just a pain figuring out ways around spam tactics.

Also, I'm like 99.99% sure my headaches are coming from Nia not shutting up instead of from playing too long. Even with tips set to none she talks too much. I thought maybe if I became the champion of the Chroma League she would shut up, but nope. My sister and I made up a headcanon where she doesn't even have a Weavile because she talks about it all the time and never shows it.

Yeah, it's just a pain figuring out ways around spam tactics.

Also, I'm like 99.99% sure my headaches are coming from Nia not shutting up instead of from playing too long. Even with tips set to none she talks too much. I thought maybe if I became the champion of the Chroma League she would shut up, but nope. My sister and I made up a headcanon where she doesn't even have a Weavile because she talks about it all the time and never shows it.

in my town you can turn voices off. I can't remember what option it's under but it is possible to completely silence her :p

Honestly I can't get over how good the songs are in the game
Personally I like neo's city soundtrack both of the stages.

It's so unbelievable how this game isn't as popular as it's supposed to be.

picked this up the other day so I'll try to play with some people sometime - I am still pretty terrible though lol

To bump this up (if anyone still plays? not me lol), a new character will be announced for the arcade version on October 13th. I know there was an update that included Darkira, Emploeon and Scizor in it, and Darkari did make it into the game (arcade version, don't think he ever made it to the Wii U?), so most likely it'll be Empoleon or Scizor.

To bump this up (if anyone still plays? not me lol), a new character will be announced for the arcade version on October 13th. I know there was an update that included Darkira, Emploeon and Scizor in it, and Darkari did make it into the game (arcade version, don't think he ever made it to the Wii U?), so most likely it'll be Empoleon or Scizor.

Something tells me that Scizor will end up being a very powerful pok?mon to use in the game while Empoleon... something tells me Empoleon will feel a bit slow, but with Aqua jet, they may give him the lacking speed he has. Or that is what I think at least for those two. However, I am scared if they add Darkrai in the game because of his Dark Void move. Seriously, please don't make Dark Void a simple move unless it will be his burst move.

I just want them on Wii U. :[

Nintendo Everything ‏@NinEverything 6m6 minutes ago

New Pokken Tournament arcade character reveal planned for November 1 http://nintendoeverything.com/?p=451855

Considering the data mines said Darkrai, Scizor and Empoleon, with 2/3 correct so far, most likely it's Empoleon

Back