• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Amiibo cards release date?

emmeline

Bells
Hi guys!

I'm sorry if this is the wrong section or if someone has already asked this, but I'm just wondering if anyone knows anything about the release date for the AC Amiibo Cards? In the Nintendo Direct they said that they, along with AC: HHD, would be released this fall--and I'm not sure if they are being released at the same time or if the cards will launch at a later date? I hope that made sense haha! I couldn't find anything regarding the release date otherwise, so I'm a bit confused. :)

Thanks!

The first series of amiibo cards are releasing the same day as the game

I think they might come with the bundle (with the amiibo card reader for the 3DS), otherwise I think they're being sold separately for $3.00 a pack! :)

The game comes with one (random?) amiibo card, the rest you'll have to purchase yourself.

Boxes were found to be about ?80 (converted from yen as there are jap boxes available)

How much would be in a box? Also keep in mind direct conversions are unlikely to representative of actual prices.
For example, it seems amiibo retail for around 1300 yen in Japan which is ?6.79. But, as we know, amiibo retail here for ?10.99 (and multiple retailers going above that and charging ?14.99) which is a lot higher.

Generally I think if something retails for $5, I would expect it to retail here for ?4.50-?5 despite it being ?3.23.

?3 seems like a good price although it will drain my wallet quickly.

Cool, thanks! It seems the 50 pack box is 16,200 yen so that's 324 yen per pack which isn't any saving on buying 50 packs separately. That's 108 yen per card, so being pessimistic is ?1 per card so ?6 for a pack of 6 cards. If each pack has 6 cards, a 50-pack could cost ?300...that's crazy. Being more optimistic at ?3 per pack of 6 cards still puts it at ?150, which I would expect, basing it on the 1300yen/$13/?11 amiibo conversions.

If we are talking about a 50-pack where each pack has 3 cards and the price of one pack of 3 cards is ?1.50 then that's ?75 but that price seems too low. I would expect a 3-pack to retail for ?2.50-?3 making the 50-pack ?125-?150.

That all seems a bit messy, so easier to read:

If a 3 card pack retails for ?3, then a 50-pack of those (150 cards) could be ?150.
If a 3 card pack retails for ?2, then a 50-pack of those (150 cards) could be ?100.
If a 3 card pack retails for ?1.50, then a 50-pack of those (150 cards) could be ?75. (the price per card seems too low here though. eShop $1/1 yen seems to be 79p)

If a 6 card pack retails for ?6, then a 50-pack of those (300 cards) would be ?300.
If a 6 card pack retails for ?5, then a 50-pack of those (300 cards) would be ?250.
If a 6 card pack retails for ?4, then a 50-pack of those (300 cards) would be ?200.
If a 6 card pack retails for ?3, then a 50-pack of those (300 cards) would be ?150. (price per card seems too low here)

Seeing this info makes me super excited for these. They seem pretty cheap so I will def be purchasing them

Back