• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favorite outdoor activity?

Soda Fox

love like you
Bells
Tasty Cake
Yellow Lily
Well I looked up the threads using the keyword "outdoor" and didn't find this thread. Anyway, what's your favorite thing to do outside? I really like biking and hiking/nature walks. I play volley ball sometimes but I don't really like any sports otherwise. And since I'm ginger I really don't like to be out in the sun much other than the few activities that I like.

How about you?

I love taking walks in the woods <3 I am a hunter, so I have always felt like the forest has been a home to me!

Early morning runs are always refreshing, and I'm a sucker for nature walks and visiting local gravel pits. Other than that, I'm all over it if someone breaks out a Slip'N Slide or other kitschy toy that I'm supposed to have outgrown. Nothing beats an afternoon of wading around in a kiddie pool and watching my friends overshoot the Slip'N Slide and faceplant in the grass. :D

The only things I like doing outside is sitting out in sunrooms during thunderstorms, standing on deserted beaches and watching the oceans, and swimming (assuming it's someone's personal pool - public pools skeeve me out). Heat and bugs make me miserable. I turn into a whiny brat the second I start sweating basically, which is why I could kiss my Central Air unit every time summer rolls around... I want to be cold! I know I'm in the minority with that, but unless I'm in the water or it's cold out, I'm gonna be inside. I don't think stormwatching or staring at the sea count as real outdoor activities in the traditional sense of the words though, so I guess all that leaves is swimming, which I don't get to do half as often as I'd like to since I don't have my own pool.

I wonder if there are any "outdoor activities" one can do during winter/fall that aren't sports. I'd go for snowball fights or something but then you get all wet from it...

I'm not very athletic, but I like bike-riding and hiking in the summer and downhill skiing in the winter.

I love running on hiking trails. After a several years of cross country/track, I've grown a fondness for the activity that everyone hates, haha. I enjoy hiking as well, however I prefer running since it makes me sweat more. I enjoy working out my body.

Another thing I love is paddle boarding. Anything to do with the beach really. Living in Virginia Beach for all this time has made me love the beach.

I don't do anything remotely active. But I like walking around in the rain?

Last edited:
w̶a̶l̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶g̶r̶a̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶u̶t̶y̶
̶
I go shopping

I go biking at sunrise and sunset - it's really fun, I'd try it out if you haven't already!

Wow all your responses have made me feel like a useless potato.

I don't do much outside. We have a pool so I do go swimming, and I like hanging outside in the rain when we seldom get it. That's about it, though. Does drinking Starbucks on their outside patio's count?

I really love anything that puts me around the beach/ocean as well as just walking or biking around, especially in the early morning. Volleyball is a lot of fun too!

Back