Lilac

in a field of flowers
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Tasty Cake
Pear (Fruit)
Hey guys, do you think that all amiibo cards will work with any ds? I seriously doubt it, but I'm soo desperate right now!
My mom and some relatives of mine are living in Japan, so I was thinking about having them buy me some amiibo cards there. The only problem is that I have a North American ds, so I'm not sure if Japanese released amiibo cards would work on my handheld device. I know they probably won't work, which definitely is a bummer. What do you guys think? :/

You need the Amiibo scanner too, which isn't region locked so I'm guessing the cards aren't region locked too

I'm getting the Japanese version, but I really hope they aren't region locked so I can use the Japanese cards when the English version comes out :/

The cards aren't going to be region locked. The figures aren't, so there's no reason for the cards to be, too.

The amiibo cards work with an NFC chip which had a certain value assigned to it, kind of like a barcode. When the game scans the amiibo, the game reads the value and unlocks the corresponding content in the game. If they were going to region lock the cards they'd need to change he chip numbers for each card in every region, and since there is more than 200, that's a lot of work and there's no way they're going to do it.

Ok, thanks for letting me know! You're way more helpful than the Nintendo support group! They told me that information was unknown, but you're probably right! I'll just wait before I buy the cards from Japan just in case~ :)

Back