What villager species would you like to see in the future?

@Jake.: technically with your reasoning Isabelle, Digby, KK, and the police dogs wouldn't be special then since they are dogs and there are already dog designs. Same thing with Katie and Rover since cats exist already. So you never know, they still might create those other designs.
Yes, I am aware. But I never said that they wont happen, I said they most likely will never happen, because I knew they have dog/cat specials and villagers.

However, the difference is that dogs and cats are a species within a species - you have dogs and cats then you have border collie/labrador/etc and siamese/persian/tabby etc. There aren't any dog villagers that are poodles/shih tzus, and whatever species copper/booker/kk are bcos i dont know and i cbf to research, and i don't know cats. Same with Joan, she's a pig and there are pig villagers in the game, but they made her into a boar so she'd still stand out. There aren't many other species within a species that have distinguishing features. Like you know, there's one species of giraffe, hedgehog, raccoon, etc, and the ones that do have more than one species - like sloths - are too similar to make them stand out on their own - and with that said, though not relevant, I'm pretty surprised they made a zebra villager and didn't decide to use zebra as a special NPC species.

There's a huge difference between giraffes and dogs, and I can't really explain why there are cat/dog villager/specials in the game, but not any other species, because it's that obvious and really can't be explained. Giraffes have a lot more uniqueness to them then dogs, hence why we have dog villagers and not giraffe villagers. having specials be cats and dogs is nothing out of the ordinary, because they're boring generic. Something like a giraffe, hedgehod, raccoon, and whatever else are nowhere near as generic/common as cats and dogs, so if they ever were to make villagers the same species and unique NPC's they'd become a lot less unique and probably fade into the background. Like, "omg Saharah is in my town I'm so excited to see a camel lol jk i have a camel villager in my town!!1!!" do you see how that just cuts down on Saharah's appearance completely? I just think it'd be a really bad move on Nintendo's behalf. The whole point of them being called "Special Characters" is that they're unique and for 99% of them, that's the only way to see that species in game. If they went around making villagers of every single unique special character, they'd no longer be special.

The only time I can see this happening again outside of cats and dogs is for lizards. They can make generic lizard villagers, but maintain Nat's and Frillard's uniqueness by not making chameleon/frill neck villagers, and by making sure all lizard villagers are generic and aren't anything like throny lizards, or whatever else I don't know lizard species LOL. I could see them making a gecko villager line since they could probably avoid the unique aspect with geckos.

Last edited:
I'd really like to see more octopuses (? Lol) and more squirrels. Yeah, there are a lot of squirrels, but I just love how they look. They're so cute! :p

Also, GET RID OF THE UGLY VILLAGERS. A.K.A. the tier 5 villagers lol. >_<

New villagers?

If there ever is a new Animal crossing which type of animals would you guys like to see for it?

Heres some of my ideas:

A little tan coloured hedge hog
A seal
A chinchilla
A snake
a hummingbird
a cheetah

wait i thought there was a cheetah? if not that would be awesome!!
there is a villager who looks like a hummingbird too isnt there? (im not very good at remembering acnl Villagers xD)

Leonardo is a leopard I think, close to cheetah inguess xD
I'd love to see non-NPC turtle villagers tho

Last edited:
well they had tybalt who was a cheetah-looking character from the GC version but idk if he is in new leaf

Leonardo is a leopard I think, close to cheetah inguess xD
I'd love to see non-NPC turtle villagers tho

Yeah me too! Same goes with different looking dog villagers. Like a german shepard styled one, and a Chihuahua.

and "jay" sorta looks like a hummingbird? xD

Would the snakes have feet? o.o
Id agree with the turtles, those would be super cute
maybe an otter as well!

Turtles would be so cute! I think other dog breeds would be cool, like a chihuahua that was said above. Or like a husky, or dachshund.

Hedgehogs or maybe even porcupines would be awesome too. I really hope they expand the types of villagers in the next AC

I want owls. I don't want them to look like Blathers and Celeste, but I do want some cute owls mixed into the population.
Hedgehogs/Porcupines would be good too. We've already got the Able Sisters. I can only imagine how adorable villagers could be.
Turtles would rock, especially if we got a TMNT reference in there somewhere.
Maybe some insect-like animals? A Ladybug? Maybe a Snail? It'd be funny to see a walking snail with his little shell popping out of his shirt rofl. Maybe an Uchi bee that apologizes for her entire family if you get a beesting. Ofc I don't really inspect to see the buggy side of the animal kingdom any time soon, but they can be so creative.
Maybe a skunk or two? They're just nature's stinky kitties~
Bats too. A bat villager could look so awesome, especially with different wing colors and maybe even patterns.

meerkats and ottters!!

idk about snakes, that would look so weirddddd i don't think that'd be a good idea
lizards would though, like Nat from the bug off. would be super cute

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh yesss skunks too !!! kicks is so cute

owls, bats, black jaguars, maybe some long-haired dogs instead of just short-haired?? POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS

Owls!! There's the two owls at the museum but I haven't really seen any owl villagers yet ;o;

Back