• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What car do you drive/own?

SockHead

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
0671-3460-7238
Weird Doll
I'm looking to buy a car & want to see what ya'll drive to get some feedback. Honestly have no preference so any info is helpful!!

Last edited:
my mom has a BMW X5 (SUV), cant remember the year. it has some problem every few months
my dad has a Ford, i forget the name of it. he likes it. he prefers old fashioned cars
my brother has a Ford Fusion and hes obsessed with it

im not old enough to drive

I'm not sure what area you're in, but stay away from Jeep if you can. I recently had a 2010 Grand Cherokee that needed a brand new engine that cost us 7K and after getting a new engine, it still had dumb problems. It only had 28K miles on it, it's not like it had been run to the ground or anything.

We got rid of it in January and I got the 2015 Nissan Altima. It's honestly a great car with awesome gas mileage. And before I had the Jeep, I had a 2010 Dodge Charger. And usually I'd say stay away from Dodge, since it's owned by Chrysler, but the Charger is a great car and my dad has it now and it runs well and never has had a problem. Plus, they look awesome.

I have a diesel Chevy Cruze and a Subaru Outback. Both seem like good cars so far. I had a Camaro before the Cruze but its blindspot was super dangerous; I like the Cruze more than the Camaro and it gets awesome mileage.

I am getting a Toyota Camry from my aunt which is nice.

I guess I recommend a Honda Fit because it's easy to park and it has a lot of room for what would seem like a small car. It's somewhat easy to find a cheap used one online. I like Kia cars too.

I don't have my car yet but I did drive my sisters 2006 Toyota Matrix. I'm surprised that it still functions and I think we've only had one major malfunction with it.

Last edited:
didnt the honda fit have horrible acceleration? unless they fixed it

I have a White 2004 Audi A4, it's my baby.
I love it but honestly there always seems to be a problem with it and the parts are wicked expensive. But it's great on gas and it's really fast, which is pretty awesome. ^-^

[size=-2]I've driven all sorts of cars since I was old enough to, but I would have to say from experience the best "feeling" car I've ever driven was a Mazda 3, I think a 2012 or '08..Can't remember. But the turning was great, smooth acceleration, awesome breaks, easy to park, great on gas..

My advice to you though for ANY vehicle you drive, is make sure you test drive it first, make sure there is no serious damage to it (especially if you're buying from an owner and not a dealership) and make sure it fits your needs, not your taste. By that I mean it's nice to drive a big shiny chevy ram if that's what you like, but probably not a good investment if you have to commute 30+ miles to work or would never use the back for anything..

Then again, it's entirely up to you and what you're comfortable in getting from point A to B. :)[/size]

I have a 2014 grey Kia Rio5 (hatchback).

I love it tbh and it has great mpg. I think it's 35-37 hwy & 30-32 city

- - - Post Merge - - -

not to mention that you can find even brand new ones for a good price if they're used

The Toyota Camry is prolly a good investment because the parts are easy to come by which makes maintenance and upkeep cheaper. They also have a tendency to last longer so lots of people hold onto theirs. Also good safety and good on gas.

I also recommend Scions, Honda Civics and the Ford Focus. They all seem to be reliable

Personally I've always owned American cars (it just kinda happened I didn't plan on it lol) I would suggest avoid getting anything from GM cause I've had the worst time with them. My first car was a Pontiac Grand AM; when the computer system malfunctioned, it costed more to fix then what I spent on the car. GM is infamous for having major issues that cost lots to fix. Currently I have an Oldsmobile Aero and it hasn't given me grief, yet, but it is GM and had a recall issue about last year for a similar problem I had with my Grand AM.

It's a safe bet to go with Japanese brands if you can. They seem to give people less grief. Personally I like Ford though lol I've always wanted to own a Mustang Boss.

I've driven 3 cars/road vehicles and crashed all 3 of them within about 2 minutes of getting behind the wheel (I'm not even exaggerating).

My favorite of the three was the Ford Transit. I went from the parking space straight into a tree and I barely felt a thing. I suffered no injuries (aside from being punched for wrecking my friends van), the passenger was fine (though very angry) and the van was almost fine aside from a busted indicator.

I give it 3 thumbs up. Very sturdy. Comfortable seats.

I just started to drive this summer, and my instructor's car was a Toyota Prius (I think, it was one of the hybrids) and I like how smooth the gas and brake pedals are. My family has a Subaru Impreza and it's so 'jerky' to me LOL I still need to get used to it... my friend says it's cause of its torque? And he really likes it cause it feels powerful, but I don't ;;

I drive a Honda Civic (2010? 2011? I don't really know anything because I don't own it/drive it as much as my mom does...) It's had a couple of problems here and there, but considering it's been at least 4 years, I'd say it's been running well in the scheme of things. And like some others have said, the parts are easier to come by if problems do arise, so Japanese brands like Honda and Toyota are practically safe bets.

I personally really like the look of the newer Civics. My friend has one in all black and it looks really sleek. All the options she got with it are really cool too! Our car is pretty standard though.

I'm looking to buy a car & want to see what ya'll drive to get some feedback. Honestly have no preference so any info is helpful!!

I'll sell you mine for $200 plus you have to come and get it.

2004 Pontiac Grand Am. It's red!!!!!

Last edited:
I drive a 2007 Renault Megane extreme. I've had it for two glorious years and I adore it. The model isn't everybody's taste, but I'd wanted one since it first came out in 2001. I remember the TV advert was for a car with a big butt and I just fell in love <3 I finally got one a couple years ago and it's the best car I've ever had. Aside from its looks, it's very reliable, drives nicely, and mine is a diesel and a full tank lasts me a month usually, and I drive every day. Because of the shape of the car, there's lots of trunk space too which I find handy. Anyway, hope you find something you like!

Last edited:
I drive a 2010 Rav4. I've always liked SUVs more than cars so I got a dark green Rav. I really love it. It's very roomy and can carry a ton. The downside is that it doesn't have a big tank. So when I was driving it to North Cali, I had to get the tank filled several times before I got to my destination. Another downside is that it is a dark color and I live in a place that is very sunny, very hot, so parking it outside is simply awful because it gets hot very fast.

I don't own a car yet but I drive a Seat Mii, it is quite nippy in urban areas and country roads but isn't very good with steeper hills :( Also the dashboard is very basic with just the speedometer, fuel gauge, your mileage,what gear you are in (and whether you should change up or down) and the outside temperature, if you want the revs and stuff like that you have to buy their add on 'portable system' which has more trip information, Bluetooth (for in car calling and listening to music) and an 'Eco trainer'.

I really want to buy an MG3, but since I can't afford one yet I have yet to drive one...

Back