• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you pre-ordered?

I don't think amiibo cards will have the same shortage issues that amiibo have (hopefully) so I haven't preordered any yet. I'm hoping I'll just be able to purchase them online when the time comes. Maybe I'll try to order a few in advance just to be on the safe side...

In Japan at least, the supply issue is not looking too good. Just a few days after E3 all of the first series card preorders were sold out everywhere online, and the only ones left are 2x retail price. Hopefully, release day supply in stores will be a bit better. Or if not, they readjust their production for NA/European release...

I will be preordering soon but I've been kinda waiting to since I heard about it. I'm excited for the cards cause I still have my AC ereader cards from back in the day. I've always been fond of card collecting so this will be fun/stressful.

Honestly I was thinking about doing a pre-order if I could get the money together in time but something else took priority. I thought that a new book I REALLY want, "Lego awesome ideas", Which is the 3rd book in a series I really love, wasn't due out until November but I just checked and it has a release date of September 1st.

So no I haven't pre-ordered and no I won't pre-order since my other hobby is Legos and I want the next book in the series. However after I get the book, which will only be 13 and tax if I get it through WM or price match somewhere else, I will be saving up for ACHHD.

I have sworn off pre-ordering any games from now on. There's just no reason to do it, in most cases. Or if there is a reason...it's something like "ooh, PLUSHIE!" (Which I always admit is very cute...but I just don't have room for more THINGS in my life.)

There's no discount for pre-ordering, and usually the pre-order arrives later than me just going out on the day it is released and buying it at the store.

There's no discount for pre-ordering, and usually the pre-order arrives later than me just going out on the day it is released and buying it at the store.

Yeah, I usually have this same problem. If I thought this game would sell out the first day it released, I might preorder it and just ask to pick it up in store instead of waiting for a delivery. The day SSB 3DS came out, I didn't have a preorder or anything and I had class that day so I was kinda late going to pick it up, and my town only has one GameStop. I went in and asked for the game, and the guy behind the counter told me I was getting the very last one that wasn't reserved. That was a first for me :p

I don't expect that to happen with this game, so I'll just wait it out and see.

I'm waiting to see if the limited edition XL is going to be released in North America. I might preorder that but I'm still not sure.

Pre-ordered at GameStop. They didn't seem to have the bundle though, so I'll have to buy the NFC reader. ;x

yes I have! :) i cannot wait for this game to come out, I'm so impatient

I've taken a stance against pre-ordering. So while I will definitely be buying this game, I will not pre-order it. I think companies have taken advantage of pre-orders to try to force numbers on their employees and fire them due to lack of sales. And it also encourages game companies to take short cuts and finish games before they're ready - after all, the sooner they cash in fully on all those pre-orders, the sooner they can get to work on getting people to pre-order the next game. Plus, unless this pre-order comes with something awesome, what benefit is there to me? I'm just giving whatever company some money early when I can just buy the game outright the day it comes out anyway and use my funds however else I want in the mean time.

I might make exceptions for indie game companies, but definitely not for Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft.

Last edited:
Pre-ordered at GameStop. They didn't seem to have the bundle though, so I'll have to buy the NFC reader. ;x

cant you just wait for them to put it up for preorder and then change your order?

If this were amiibo, I would have already pre-ordered, but these are mass-produced games :x I honestly doubt it would sell out, plus I really want the information to be updated even if I were to pre-order

Nope. But I'm thinking about it. Is nintendo currently selling the bundle? Amazon's out of stock, lol, and that's where I usually buy/preorder my games :p

Starting to have second thoughts about getting it so close to the release w/o getting reviews on it first. After accf and acnl were so disappointing, I'm starting to think I should wait.

Nope. But I'm thinking about it. Is nintendo currently selling the bundle? Amazon's out of stock, lol, and that's where I usually buy/preorder my games :p

Amazon isn't out of stock; it's just that very few information on pricing and stuff like that hasn't been revealed yet, and they know people will complain if they charge incorrectly. We'll probably get more information in July/August.

Back