• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Harvest moon?

Corv1d

Bells
Thinking about getting a Harvest Moon game. I've never played any before, should I start with Lost Valley or New Beginning? I've looked at both and I'm still not sure. I like the sandbox type world in lost valley but New Beginning looks bigger and more diverse. Opinions? C:

Alternatively, you could even start with an older game such as A Wonderful Life for Gamecube or Tree of Tranquility for Wii. If you want to go for a newer one, go for A New Beginning.

Alternatively, you could even start with an older game such as A Wonderful Life for Gamecube or Tree of Tranquility for Wii. If you want to go for a newer one, go for A New Beginning.

Or this, if you have some older consoles you should definitely try the older ones.

Last edited:
Even people who weren't previous Harvest Moon fans didn't like Lost Valley. If you're looking for 3DS games to try, try A Tale of Two Towns, A New Beginning, or Story of Seasons.

If you have older consoles, like the Wii and GameCube (or just GC stuff you could plug into the Wii), I highly suggest Animal Parade for the Wii and A Wonderful Life for the GameCube. They're much more fun than the Harvest Moon games for 3DS even though they are older.

@well, everyone.

Thank you! I don't have any other nintendo consoles (thinking about wii u though) so I'll probably go for New Beginning. C:
whats specifically so bad about lost valley, or does it just not live up to the others?

I never played it, but a lot of people complained about how boring it was and everything just got really boring really quickly. And everyone that has played a Harvest Moon game knows that winter is always the worst season, and the game starts you in winter and you try to unlock other seasons. So if you can't unlock the others, you're stuck in winter. And no one would ask for that :p

@well, everyone.

Thank you! I don't have any other nintendo consoles (thinking about wii u though) so I'll probably go for New Beginning. C:
whats specifically so bad about lost valley, or does it just not live up to the others?

The Lost Valley isn't even made by the studio behind the HM games. XSEED took the license from them, but they couldn't grab the series name. That's why HM is slapped onto Lost Valley, probably to boost sales.

Bought New Beginning. I have a fox on my head and i can run around holding tiny little birds.best game ever, thanks everyone! c:

Bought New Beginning. I have a fox on my head and i can run around holding tiny little birds.best game ever, thanks everyone! c:

have fun with anb!! it doesn't feel as much as a harvest moon game tbh but it's a start, hope you enjoy it and continue to play the other games ^^

Back