Has anyone else gotten notification of someone trying to log into their account?

cloudyah

Perpetually Sleepy
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
6137-4381-8617
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Cake
I got an e-mail from TBT a few minutes ago alerting me that someone had attempted to log into my account with an incorrect password five times, and that they would be prevented from trying again for 15 minutes. Has anyone else gotten a similar alert?

The e-mail included their IP, which I looked up. Apparently they're using the tor and have been flagged as "suspicious/comment spammers." The threat level score isn't high enough for the IP to be blacklisted yet, though.

I haven't, if I were you I would pm one of the moderators and have them take a look into the issue. They can probably deny that IP from being able to try to log onto this website again or something. Good luck!

It's most likely someone already registered here, so if you contact a member of staff you should be able to have them trace it.

That's troubling, I've never had this though. The only other thing I can think of is that someone with a similar name is trying to log into theirs or something. Yes, agree with others, report it!

Yeah, if you get one of these, send us the IP and we can check to see if it's someone on the forum as has already been suggested. Although I'd imagine that anyone seriously trying to crack accounts would probably be smart enough to think to mask themselves in some way, so I'm not sure how much help we can be in most cases. (you mention Tor, so this may be the case here)

This just happened to me! I haven't logged in here in a while but just got a notification just like cloudyah did. Someone tried to log in to my account 5 times with an incorrect password.
Weird.

Not on here but I had on a bunch of other sites. Just change your password regularly and notify a mod about your problem just like everyone said

Unknown Logger

Someone tried to log in to my account today, it wasn't me, I'm wondering if i should be concerned, or apologize for taking someones username...

So I've recieved a few more reports like this since my last post. From what I have seen so far from the reports I have been sent, they've all come from different IP addresses and none are attached to an account on the forum, so unfortunately at this time there isn't much we can do at this time.

Remember that you only receive the email if someone has exceeded the login limit of 5 times, which means they're probably just brute forcing (unsuccessfully). If they knew your password, they would just login. That said, if you password is short or otherwise insecure, it wouldn't hurt to change it to something more secure just in case.

I got an e-mail from TBT a few minutes ago alerting me that someone had attempted to log into my account with an incorrect password five times, and that they would be prevented from trying again for 15 minutes. Has anyone else gotten a similar alert?

The e-mail included their IP, which I looked up. Apparently they're using the tor and have been flagged as "suspicious/comment spammers." The threat level score isn't high enough for the IP to be blacklisted yet, though.

ALFREDBATH IS TRYING TO GET YOU

Yes, someone has also been trying to get into my account as I have a Failed Login Notification from the Bell Tree Forum
Their IP address is 192.99.2.137

no mods listed on to inform

Last edited:
Yes, someone has also been trying to get into my account as I have a Failed Login Notification from the Bell Tree Forum
Their IP address is 192.99.2.137

no mods listed on to inform

ITS ALFRED HE FOUND OUT HIW TO HACK IP ADDRESSES

But in all seriousness, just pm a mod who was on the last, tina is on now, so you probably pm her. Idk if mods have ip bans tho so you could try pming justin or jeremy.

Back