• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Bowie's Art Thread V2 ★ Digital Paintings, GFX, 3D Renders, Tutorials

Your work is amazing <3 I'm studiyng to become a game artist and I just started learning to use programs like ZBrush and Maya :) Are you also studying to become and animater or game artist or are you just doing this for fun?

And do you actually need help with Zbrush or are just frustrated how hard it is to learn? :p

Hi! Thank you for such kind words!

Both, probably. I have no knowledge of coding, so I doubt I will ever be able to make a game myself, but I love animating and I love video games, so the possibilities are endless!

I've kinda given up on ZBrush, to be honest. I think I prefer modelling with polygons anyway.

Hi! Thank you for such kind words!

Both, probably. I have no knowledge of coding, so I doubt I will ever be able to make a game myself, but I love animating and I love video games, so the possibilities are endless!

I've kinda given up on ZBrush, to be honest. I think I prefer modelling with polygons anyway.

I suck at coding too, but that's where you have programmers for;) That's great! Perhaps we'll work together someday :p

I think I prefer ZBrush because it's more like sculpting in real life. But you should never give up! Try making the basic shapes with a lower dynamesh(16) and create a new sphere for each part of your model and then keep upping your dynamesh while working on the details. Maybe you already know this, but I hope it helps :D Good luck!

Last edited:
I suck at coding too, but that's where you have programmers for;) That's great! Perhaps we'll work together someday :p

I think I prefer ZBrush because it's more like sculpting in real life. But you should never give up! Try making the basic shapes with a lower dynamesh(16) and create a new sphere for each part of your model and then keep upping your dynamesh while working on the details. Maybe you already know this, but I hope it helps :D Good luck!

Yeah, I've been trying to do that, but it's really hard for me to get the shapes that I want, and ZBrush has a much different navigation system to other 3D tools I've used, so that doesn't help very much.

Thank you for the kind words, though! I will keep trying.

h4wxZi5.png

Something I made, based on my current avatar and signature.

It's just for facial practice, really. I think I did an awful job on the lips, personally. Struggling with the smaller details.

Last edited:
4Iy8sJi.png

1427464440755.jpg

Watched an amazing film last night called Metropolis and tried to make a quick 3D bust of one of the main characters. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Absolutely amazing, you don't use 3Ds Max do you? That's what I learnt in my 3d animation program but the figure looks so well sculpted, I can imagine that would be extremely difficult in that program

Last edited:
Absolutely amazing, you don't use 3Ds Max do you? That's what I learnt in my 3d animation program but the figure looks so well sculpted, I can imagine that would be extremely difficult in that program

I actually started it off in ZBrush, which is 3D sculpting software, and from there you can convert it into a low-poly 3D model like the one you'd see in 3ds Max.

I use Blender for all my non-sculpted works (such as hard-surface stuff and the odd robot).

Looking at this model in comparison to the reference image, it looks like garbage. I'm not happy.

I actually started it off in ZBrush, which is 3D sculpting software, and from there you can convert it into a low-poly 3D model like the one you'd see in 3ds Max.

I use Blender for all my non-sculpted works (such as hard-surface stuff and the odd robot).

Looking at this model in comparison to the reference image, it looks like garbage. I'm not happy.

Oh that's cool! We never talked about / learned that program so maybe I'll give it a try. Don't forget that you're your own worst critic, I have an extremely high appreciation for your work and trust me, it's absolutely fantastic

Oh that's cool! We never talked about / learned that program so maybe I'll give it a try. Don't forget that you're your own worst critic, I have an extremely high appreciation for your work and trust me, it's absolutely fantastic

Thank you!

6YvfTMZ.png

Blurred out all of the potentially NSFW ones, but here's my reference sheet for my next big project.

Ready to die and/or fail.

Liking those Metropolis things you did up there. Never watched the anime, although I watched the original silent movie some years ago and really liked that one :)

Liking those Metropolis things you did up there. Never watched the anime, although I watched the original silent movie some years ago and really liked that one :)

Thanks! It's a great film. One of the best I've ever seen, actually. Ending made me bawl my eyes out.

I've abandoned this project for the time being, though. Can't decide on how I want the end result to look.

Thanks! It's a great film. One of the best I've ever seen, actually. Ending made me bawl my eyes out.

I've abandoned this project for the time being, though. Can't decide on how I want the end result to look.

Might have to check it out, then. Usually not much for anime in general but this might actually be interesting :D

Ah, well good luck if you continue to work on it someday c:

Back