• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Same-sex marriage ruled a constitutional right by the Supreme Court 5-4

I heard. When are the riots gonna start? There's bound to be a couple noteworthy ones

YES FINALLY OMG
The silliest argument in the history of arguments finally resolved! People finally have no control over who they fall in love with and are free to marry whoever they see fit. It only took us until 2015!

Congrats everyone whose lives this directly affects. Go and be happy!

SCOTUS is on a roll! Housing, Healthcare, Marriage Equality.. hope we can keep it up.

Interesting. Two years ago, they struck down laws against gay marriage, including California's Prop 8. Now they made gay marriage more legal. I may not be gay, but gays shouldn't be denied from having rights.

I liked last years rulings more than this year's, but this is still a good ruling.

Last edited:
that's great! but you can still get fired in some of the states for being gay
one step at a time i guess

Of course the dissenters included Scalia, Thomas and Alito. Surprised about Roberts, though. He seemed a bit better than those three trolls.

Lady-Gaga-National-Equality-March-2009-lgbt-8612864-1280-800.jpg

Not trying to hate, but shouldn't this be in the LGBTQA - Discussion and Support thread?

Maybe, but I don't see how creating a separate thread for it is that much of a nuisance. This way, if an argument breaks out, it stays away from that thread and is contained here.

I'm so glad it's finally settled! Lmao at all these Republicans calling the Supreme Court a judicial tyrant after all these progressive decisions.

Back