• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Staff Applications Reminder (now closing) + Apple Restock Incoming

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I know is that the moderator promotion thing is that it's not a popularity contest, so even the most hated members by the community can be mods. But you're right about the ban. You can't sign up while you're banned.

You won't be staffed if the community doesn't like you.

^Right? I mean in some cases it might be slightly unfair but in most cases those who are disliked by the community have often had/been in trouble with mods so that would pretty much rule them out from the beginning. I can only imagine what would happen if a member despised by the community was promoted to mod...

Last edited:

I re-read what I was talking about, and I sure misworded it. I guess it's not about love or hate. I was thinking about the recommendations.

I re-read what I was talking about, and I sure misworded it. I guess it's not about love or hate. I was thinking about the recommendations.

The recommendations only matter a fraction of the way toward being staff. It matters if your a good fit or not.

pScS4ma.gif

And that's what is best for business.

^Right? I mean in some cases it might be slightly unfair but in most cases those who are disliked by the community have often had/been in trouble with mods so that would pretty much rule them out from the beginning. I can only imagine what would happen if a member despised by the community was promoted to mod...

Then the world would end and anyone expressing hate towards them would be banned

Almost everybody (not all) have at at least one or a few members hating them. But I can see what you mean if the community despises a member. It's like if half the site hates a member who intentionally causes drama.

I can't guarantee if I do become a mod or not, but if I do become one, I won't a corrupt one. That means, even if someone expresses hatred towards me, I'm not going to ban them. It's only going to happen if they break the rules repeatedly and too soon.

But here's the real point. The reccomendations isn't a popularity contest. Even those with 0 to 2 reccomendations has a chance.

Last edited:
Almost everybody (not all) have at at least one or a few members hating them. But I can see what you mean if the community despises a member. It's like if half the site hates a member who intentionally causes drama.

I can't guarantee if I do become a mod or not, but if I do become one, I won't a corrupt one. That means, even if someone expresses hatred towards me, I'm not going to ban them. It's only going to happen if they break the rules repeatedly and too soon.

But here's the real point. The reccomendations isn't a popularity contest. Even those with 0 to 2 reccomendations has a chance.

You couldn't do it no matter what, you'd get demoted if you did that most likely.

Out of curiosity, who does the selecting of new mods? all of the admin and mods, just the admins or just Jeremy?

You couldn't do it no matter what, you'd get demoted if you did that most likely.

Not only I can't do it, but I don't want to do it either. I don't like doing bad things.

Out of curiosity, who does the selecting of new mods? all of the admin and mods, just the admins or just Jeremy?

Everyone takes part. Right now, we've been going through the process together of trying to sort the applications into different categories (invalid, generally decided against, nominated), so we have smaller pool to work with when really getting down to the actual decisions.

What are some of the restrictions for mods? What can they not do anymore?

Post a lot or buy things?

I'm curious about this also. =]

I think they never restock shops, also they need permission to ban? I don't know any other ones.

I'm pretty sure they can post a lot, but not like 1 word posts xD

Last edited:
What are some of the restrictions for mods? What can they not do anymore?

Post a lot or buy things?

Taking part in events is something you'll most likely no longer be able to do. Especially in things requiring you to answer questions, with all the answers readily available for you in the staff forums it'd be unfair to do so. I don't think a lot of people realise this but it's an important point that you should realise if you want to become a mod.

Taking part in events is something you'll most likely no longer be able to do. Especially in things requiring you to answer questions, with all the answers readily available for you in the staff forums it'd be unfair to do so. I don't think a lot of people realise this but it's an important point that you should realise if you want to become a mod.

Yeah that's a given, tbh.

That would be my least problem if I would have applied though since I have the white feather ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back