• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Batman Arkham Knight

Pharaoh

Amateur Supervillain
Bells
Sakura Easter Egg
Special Snowflake
Red Candy
Red Candy
Green Candy
Blue Candy
Yellow Candy
October Birthstone (Opal)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
July Birthstone (Ruby)
So any Batman fans here? Any fans of the Arkham series? What do you think about them, and what do you think about the newest release so far? If you have any spoilers, please put them in a spoiler so people won't be upset.

Personally I rank from best to worst-
1. City
2. Asylum
3. Origins
4. Knight

Let me know yours! :)

I like to watch it played, but was not interested enough to buy.

For the latest game, I heard the PC version is rife with problems. Most unfortunate.

Yeah I played most batman arkham games and the dark tone of the series seems pretty awesome, I can't wait to beat the whole game completely once I get my hands on Arkham Knight.

For the latest game, I heard the PC version is rife with problems. Most unfortunate.

Yeah, it had a whopping 32% positive reviews on Steam. "Mostly Negative." Apparently we didn't even get rain textures or anti-aliasing. So that was cool. Dumb down the PC version that can handle more than the console version could. gg.

On the bright side, WB went ahead and suspended all sales of the game until it's fixed, and offered full refunds to everyone in the meantime.
But uh.. maybe they shouldn't have outsourced the PC version to a small studio made up of 12 ****ing people that specialize in console games two months before release, and then none of this would have happened in the first place. :v

Last edited:
Yeah, it had a whopping 32% positive reviews on Steam. "Mostly Negative." Apparently we didn't even get rain textures or anti-aliasing. So that was cool. Dumb down the PC version that can handle more than the console version could. gg.

On the bright side, WB went ahead and suspended all sales of the game until it's fixed, and offered full refunds to everyone in the meantime.
But uh.. maybe they shouldn't have outsourced the PC version to a small studio made up of 12 ****ing people that specialize in console games two months before release, and then none of this would have happened in the first place. :v

That's good they gave out refunds at least. I almost considered buying it like a few days before on Steam but something told me to wait on this one, and I'm glad I did. I won't be buying a console just to play Knight on, when all my other ones are for my Xbox 360. Plus I've been seeing snippets of it here and there and a lot of things bother me, this series is ****ty when it comes to any sense of continuity or preserving character development. What they did to Edward Nigma is a train-wreck. The Batmobile, as hyped as it was, looks like the worst part of it honestly.

As of now, the console versions are the best versions of the game at this point.

Until they fix some of the performance issues on the PC version, I doubt it will become the definitive version of the game anytime soon.

It's a pretty great game, better than Origins, but still can't beat Arkham City.

At 81% completion at the moment. I know I want to finish this game, but everything aside from the riddles seems to be do-able for a sane person, so I'm not sure.

Overall, really like the game, but there were too many forced tank sections. I don't ever remember a Batman comic where floated around like a jackass for twenty minutes trying to move away from laser pointers.

Also, the identity of the Arkham Knight was disappointing, and I saw it coming from a mile away. It also doesn't help that I was able to figure it out based purely on his voice. They didn't do a very good job of changing it.

They had a chance to create a truly original character, but ended up using it as a stop gap in a character arc that any Batman fan knows by heart at this point.

Last edited:

What do you mean they "suspended all sales"? I was getting ready to get the game, this sucks so hard if it's true.

What do you mean they "suspended all sales"? I was getting ready to get the game, this sucks so hard if it's true.

This affects the PC version only, to clarify. Not sure why it'd suck to not be able to buy a buggy pos, but I guess if you're a diehard fan it's worth trying out, at least? I guess I'd wanna try out a new Resident Evil, even if everyone said it was ****. Like RE6.

Anyhow. The ability to purchase it has been removed from the Steam store page until it gets fixed. :v
"Sales of Batman: Arkham Knight have been temporarily suspended while Warner Brothers works to address performance issues."
http://store.steampowered.com/app/208650/

And for most third party sites, the listing remains but they are "out of stock" until it gets fixed. GMG, Newegg, Games Rocket. All of out stock.
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/batman-arkham-knight-na/

Funstock Digital still has copies available, and apparently so does dlgamer. At least you can add them to your cart, but I dunno if you'd be able to pay for it and actually get a key yet.

http://www.funstockdigital.co.uk/ba...edium=Affiliate_Marketing&utm_campaign=235265

http://www.dlgamer.us/download-batman_arkham_knight-pc_games-p-29085.html

Maybe they're still trying to sell their initial stock? Or else nobody told them that WB wanted all sales of the game to abruptly end until they fix it. :v
WB stated that it would take more than a little patch to fix everything that's wrong with the PC version, which is why they put a hold on sales. Frankly I commend them for it. Ubisoft should have done that with AC: Unity.

I'm at about 80% complete right now on PS4 and aside from the occasional oddity (like not being able to active this riddle in the Movie Studios), I'm really enjoying the game so far. Completed a majority of the sidequests and the riddler stuff doesn't feel like a big chore like it did in Arkham City. Kinda annoyed at the increased focus on the AR Challenges, I've never really liked those and even more irritated that some upgrade points are locked behind the Gold. Really not good at keeping those combos flowing or not getting hit.

I like to watch it played, but was not interested enough to buy.

Good thing there's Steam refunds. I wish they were around when I got Watch Dogs though....

Also, WB seems to take preorder bonuses and DLC priority over the base game itself.

I wish they were around when I got Watch Dogs though....

What was the problem with Watch Dogs? Not upset or anything, it's just that I played it on PC as well, and there weren't any issues. Considering the fact that the PC version could be played with the graphics we saw at E3 2012, and at a higher framerate on PC.

Good thing there's Steam refunds. I wish they were around when I got Watch Dogs though....

Also, WB seems to take preorder bonuses and DLC priority over the base game itself.

Yeah, believe it or not, Steam's refund policy was pretty much non-issue this time.

It was GMG's that most people complained about until WB issued full refunds regardless of retailer. :v

http://www.greenmangaming.com/about/refund-policy/
One of the required conditions for a refund is: "The game has not been activated or downloaded"

GMG had the best pre-order deal, and and that's where most people got it. Since it's third-party, Steam couldn't have helped anyway. :v

Either way, though, glad they stepped up.

City is by far the best still I think, I'm nearly at the end of Knight and I've really really enjoyed it, it's just missing the darkness the others had for me. There's just too many fights in the Batmobile; it became very repetitive, especially when a lot of the side missions involve it too:(

I guessed so easily who the Arkham Knight was too after the fights in the studios, so that wasn't even suspenseful:rolleyes:

Having said that I still haven't fully completed the game yet so who knows, something amazing could happen right at the end that wins me over haha;). The graphics are so great on PS4 too.

Last edited:
I agree that City is still the best, in my opinion anyway. A lot of character....let's call it "development" in Knight...either doesn't make any sense, has no continuity within the series they've established, or is just plain awful. The "boss fights" are really bad, and I see some of you feel the same way, but some of the "twists" are completely and totally predictable. I feel like the fan theories were way more enjoyable and intellectual than the end product we got. I cannot even begin to tell you how disappointing the Arkham Knight reveal was, or the "Knight Fall" ending. It just felt so lame and completely generic, maybe I'm just too picky as a fan now and expect greatness at all times due to what we've received in past storylines and concepts. Definitely a lot wrong with this one though. :/

shame on DC, shame on rocksteady, shame on their families, shame on their cows

the answer is No

you say No

i trusted them and they gave me this
at least i got to see my boyfriends ... ... at least, uhm... at least ,,?? at least they didnt totally ruin jon... and at least eddies personality is still in tact.........

jontron-cries-o.gif

I just got my copy a few days ago and I'm loving it, but I don't think Asylum will ever be beat in terms of atmosphere tbh. I actually enjoy using the Batmobile, but I can see already that's it's getting overused in the most unnecessary ways. I don't expect it to top City, but I really am enjoying it, I guess it helps that I just love the darkness of the Batman world and the game also looks gorgeous.

I think Azrael should invest in a searchlight or something because I ain't havin' any luck finding those flappin' bat campfires of his.

^It seemed like Azrael's beacons weren't all available at once my play through, but periodically, because they appeared to have a chronological order, and if I remember correctly some of the later ones didn't appear until Alfred's intel updates on new side quests. Either that or this lady's sense of direction is really really bad, to the point the game reminds me "girlfriend, it's in this vicinity." But even still, I second searchlights...

Last edited:
Back