What would you change in new leaf?

There are some other threads buried in the forum with some amazing ideas on this topic (though many are from the perspective of what you'd like to see in the next Animal Crossing).

Some have suggested being able to have a little outside garden or yard next to your house (which is kind of happening in Happy Home Designer), so you could deco outside. More PWPs are another request. Being able to zone or choose plots for your villagers would be handy.

A recent one I thought of would be being able to set butterflies and fireflies free in your house (perhaps with a max limit of 10 to a room). Or even if the fireflies were in jars instead of bug boxes, that would be lovely.

There are some other threads buried in the forum with some amazing ideas on this topic (though many are from the perspective of what you'd like to see in the next Animal Crossing).

Some have suggested being able to have a little outside garden or yard next to your house (which is kind of happening in Happy Home Designer), so you could deco outside. More PWPs are another request. Being able to zone or choose plots for your villagers would be handy.

A recent one I thought of would be being able to set butterflies and fireflies free in your house (perhaps with a max limit of 10 to a room). Or even if the fireflies were in jars instead of bug boxes, that would be lovely.

those are really good ideas :) thank you for sharing

What I want, so not really change, is that visitors can sleep over. I think that would be really cute and fun to do with friends.. But what I would change is that you can decide were villagers live. I know you can plot reset, but that takes so much time. It's just easier when you start the game that Tom Nook is announcing that someone wants to move in and that you can pick a spot for them idk but that would be helpful cause a lot of people are complaining about villagers on their flowers or paths but maybe the game is unfair and less fun to play cause you can make the perfect layout. it's sometimes fun to deal with a stubborn villager, I honestly think that's why people are still playing this game cause it's so hard to get everything the way you want, I don't mind tho I like messsy towns.. and I wish for longer hair options, like long-long and not shoulder-long.. this isn't really bothering me but I just think it's cute.

Last edited:
Being able to, easily, select the plot for your villager. There's untold hours of my life I'm never getting back :p

Last edited:
I absolutely agree about choosing villager plots. I'd add making the gold badges less ridiculously unattainable. I think I've street passed with about 4 people so far.

Edit: also wanted to add - more villagers slots and more villager personalities so you don't have to have repeats

Last edited:
More pattern space, maybe 4 pages.
Each locker is individual and not connected for more storage or more letters for lots more storage.
To set pre-selected plots for villagers. For example you'll pick 10 plots and those plots will be roped off waiting for a villager to move in!

I'd like to change the fact that every time a villager moves in, they use the same house as the person who last moved out or something. In real life people don't demolish their houses after they move out >> That way there aren't those huge dirt plots left once someone moves.

Definitely agree having more room to save patterns would be nice.

Also, more room to store stuff in your pockets would be a big bonus - those spaces can get used up real quick, esp when you're carrying around all your tools with you.

Last edited:
The only things I'd change are being able to choose where a villager puts their plot and having more pocket and locker space. I like collecting furniture and clothes and it makes it hard to do when you have a limited amount of space. I've resorted to storing a lot of my things at the museum because of this

Being able to influence Villager house placement. Not 100% control but something like: Villager X would like to move in here is this ok? Yes/No. If no it generates another option.

Bridge placement is super dumb considering you can build/a villager can move in close to a bridge but you can't demolish and build a different style bridge in the same spot most of the time!

And finally eliminate the extra spaces in doorways where patterns cannot be placed. I understand why Items can't be placed there (for blocking you in the house reasons, but patterns shouldn't matter.

I would like more storage room, skin colour, stop villagers from moving while away and choose where they put their houses :)

Back