• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

███ ✻ Jint's gallery || stream [OFF]

2k16/17 TBT New year's raffle

I'm hosting a short and smol raffle as thanks for everyone who've supported me this year!! ;/////;
Here's the link to participate! https://goo.gl/forms/MnyytuPBdbIxtvz63

Eligibility:
Interacted in my gallery thread (via posting/liking posts) before post #421; or
Have commissioned me or in the progress of commissioning me (only accepted orders count); or
attended a stream of mines - ofc, I'll have to remember your username! Sorry ninja viewers...

Prize:
Your character in 1 random chibi style of mines~
You can also ask for a custom adopt if that's what you prefer!

Extra entries:
Following me on tumblr +1 (jintii.tumblr.com)
Following me on twitter +1 (twitter.com/_jintii)
Watching me on dA +1 (jintii.deviantart.com)
Subscribed on YouTube +1 (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyiYWZ6yJzfcmdc8-zLhY7w)
Following on IG +1 (https://www.instagram.com/_jintii/)

< 10 participants - 1 winner
> 10 participants - 2 winners

Raffle ends on Jan 1st 2017, 1AM (GMT)~ Winners will be picked by random generator!

Wishing everyone a fantastic 2017 ahead!​

tysm for joining my raffle guys!! there was a total of 9 participants, with 34 entries~

and the winner is...

03b2ae340b096a84318b8d0007513c44.png

36a98d54195805469e8cf1b1c1d9ae04.png

congrats!!! I'll be drawing your prize in a bit~

tysm for joining my raffle guys!! there was a total of 9 participants, with 34 entries~

and the winner is...

03b2ae340b096a84318b8d0007513c44.png

36a98d54195805469e8cf1b1c1d9ae04.png

congrats!!! I'll be drawing your prize in a bit~

aaaaa yay!!! thank you so much! :D

im like 10 steps away from my grave but im not exactly dead yet uh m

carina_s.png

if you need to contact me desperately please message my discord or send me an email!
I haven't been checking social media because I've been feeling absolutely awful orz;;

im like 10 steps away from my grave but im not exactly dead yet uh m

carina_s.png

if you need to contact me desperately please message my discord or send me an email!
I haven't been checking social media because I've been feeling absolutely awful orz;;

waaa so cute!!

pickup for evvie from new year raffle!!!

evvie.png

weep I haven't drawn in so long my hand is broken.....

weeps sorry for the late replies as usual >->o

tysm!! ;___;

awww I'm glad that I inspire you!! :")))

thank you!! * q *
and ty for your kind words ; v ; I've sort of gotten over the sadness, so I think it'll be fine from now on!

yessss eous is my bias 8")))) mostly bc his design is easy to draw and I like blue lol
yup yup yup!!! it's got incredible brushes too, it'll take a while for me to adapt to it I think but I'm loving the software so far!!

hahaha no no no it's understandable!! I watch a lot of speedpaints (and creepily pause at a lot of spots) so I kind of found out how most effects are achieved that way LOL;; I don't understand kawacy either tbh T___T after looking at his step by step, tutorials and the few speedpaints that he has up though, I've concluded that it's just his pure skill //rip
and yes!!! definitely keep your sai files omg > <'' I remember that once an artist had to prove themselves against an art thief that they were the original artist by screenshotting the layers on their piece... I also try not to post full versions of art online for the same reason >->o

for the lineart, my advice is..... color as normal, and don't zoom in 8"DDDDD at least that's what I usually do LOL;;
for coloring style, I think something like this and this would look quite nice? :3c it depends on what you feel like really!!
and don't panic, you can always color it again \ ^ q ^ / (another reason to keep the file LMAO)

hmmm mainstream art is... I think it depends on person lol but for me atm it's the simple cell shade style >->o
I'm glad that you think I have a unique style!! ; - ; I try really hard to develop something that I can call my own style so //orzzz
hahaha I think there's a personal style for effects too actually!! maybe experiment a bit more and you'll eventually find the right routine for your art ^ q ^

whoop thanks evvie!

((super late reply aaaa i've always forgotten to reply to this i'm sorry))

i'm a heavy speedpaint (and stream) stalker too... I watch them to learn to begin with^^ the first thing I do is steal the brush settings LOL rip (when they're visible.. hehehe)
do you maybe have anybody to recommend that I could watch speedpaints (and learn) from? xD
aaa I actually became his patreon in hopes to be able to understand his skillz better lol, I think the rewards were quite helpful!
The step by step tutorials...well, they lack a little bit of explanation lol but geniuses don't understand how the clueless feel I guess XD
aaa such a thing happened? That's crazy omg;; but I doubt there would be anybody who would go this far just to steal my stuff lmao

aaa i cannot not zoom in >-< I just cant rip..

aah actually you really gave me motivation back then to finish the piece!!!! And it's become one of my best works I think ^^ thanks for the income of inspiration hehe!! T v T I always need so much motivation to actually get to color something , it's horrible...

I think I understand! When I go through devations on dA, I often feel like especially chibis look almost the same, like there's nothing special to them? Although I think there are certain people who still have a very unique style despite using celshade ^^ not sure if you know them, but I personally love meeluf's style ^^ it's basically just simple cel shade, but it looks??so??nice?? ;-;

I think your style is already very reconizable!! :'))

yes... I think I just lack experience ((goes all Yurio style lmao)) I need to draw more!!! I feel pumped up now!! Thanks!! >w<

Last edited:
/nyooms in
Oh I happen to talk to kawacy sometimes and from what I can gather it's the colors which give this impact
Color theory is one of the first things you gotta learn; I see so many who simply multiply/change to luminosity with the same color to shade or add highlight - I mean you can do that but don't depend too much on it
Also light dots to highlights \o/ his art is sparklyyyy
Mastering painting depends on how well the colors blend with each other and look together so

coughs... there are a handful of deviants who are carbon copies of him and set up a patreon it's ridic (don't want to drop any names)
That's dA for ya /shrug

/nyooms in
Oh I happen to talk to kawacy sometimes and from what I can gather it's the colors which give this impact
Color theory is one of the first things you gotta learn; I see so many who simply multiply/change to luminosity with the same color to shade or add highlight - I mean you can do that but don't depend too much on it
Mastering painting depends on how well the colors blend with each other and look together so

coughs... there are a handful of deviants who are carbon copies of him and set up a patreon it's ridic (don't want to drop any names)
That's dA for ya /shrug

LOL Yon is da boss, talking to kawacy from time to time omgggg?? I never see him reply to comments or anything, so how do you even get to talk to him omg!! I wonder what talks between gods are like??? XD

I usually carefully choose and color pick from artists I like ((oops)) but I play a lot with filter and photoshop filters in the end to adjust it to my tastes... so the hues end up looking a bit different anyways^^ I usually try to avoid multiply as well ! I like to use luminosity with yellow/orange shades though, I think it gives this extra warm "pop" when lightning ^^
((Yon if you have more color tips to spare I'm the first to listen lol))

is that so?? That seems really dumb? I mean, if I want to become a patreon, I'd want to be the patreon of the real thing and not of the copy lol (why would you even pledge to the copies if there's the real thing ?? are they cheaper or what lol)

pickup for evvie from new year raffle!!!

evvie.png

weep I haven't drawn in so long my hand is broken.....

JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINT AAAAAAAAAAAAAA I LEGIT SCREAMED WHEN I SAW THIS ;A; TYSM !!!! AKSJDHAKJSDHAKSJDH

((super late reply aaaa i've always forgotten to reply to this i'm sorry))

i'm a heavy speedpaint (and stream) stalker too... I watch them to learn to begin with^^ the first thing I do is steal the brush settings LOL rip (when they're visible.. hehehe)
do you maybe have anybody to recommend that I could watch speedpaints (and learn) from? xD
aaa I actually became his patreon in hopes to be able to understand his skillz better lol, I think the rewards were quite helpful!
The step by step tutorials...well, they lack a little bit of explanation lol but geniuses don't understand how the clueless feel I guess XD
aaa such a thing happened? That's crazy omg;; but I doubt there would be anybody who would go this far just to steal my stuff lmao

aaa i cannot not zoom in >-< I just cant rip..

aah actually you really gave me motivation back then to finish the piece!!!! And it's become one of my best works I think ^^ thanks for the income of inspiration hehe!! T v T I always need so much motivation to actually get to color something , it's horrible...

I think I understand! When I go through devations on dA, I often feel like especially chibis look almost the same, like there's nothing special to them? Although I think there are certain people who still have a very unique style despite using celshade ^^ not sure if you know them, but I personally love meeluf's style ^^ it's basically just simple cel shade, but it looks??so??nice?? ;-;

I think your style is already very reconizable!! :'))

yes... I think I just lack experience ((goes all Yurio style lmao)) I need to draw more!!! I feel pumped up now!! Thanks!! >w<

omg no dw, I've seen some kawacy paterons somewhere else too and I don't understand too 8"DDD just the skill gap I suppose orzzz

aaawww I'm glad to hear that you got motivated ; H ;

yeah I feel you!! I think there's a "popular" way of drawing chibis nowadays, I actually feel pretty uncomfortable about it orz;; but I think the situation has gotten a bit better now >->o
meeluf's style is super pretty!!!! T___T it's simple alright, but there's so much skill involved in it its just alsdkfjla
if you look back in her older gallery you'd see that she used to do slightly more elaborate (?) stuff??? it's the skillful simplicity in it that makes it so nice I guess wEEP

/nyooms in

That's dA for ya /shrug

I have same reaction as kei LOL the ~mystic conversations between senpais~
I went and googled color theory right after I read this post but WEEP I GUESS I NEED TO READ MORE INTO IT.... I think I know the basics of color theory, I'm just terrible at applying it //rip
don't think I've seen kawacy style artists around yet on dA I think .... maybe I just havent been active enough 8"DDD
I've seen a lot of sakimi everywhere tho //orzzzz

LOL Yon is da boss, talking to kawacy from time to time omgggg?? I never see him reply to comments or anything, so how do you even get to talk to him omg!! I wonder what talks between gods are like??? XD

I usually carefully choose and color pick from artists I like ((oops)) but I play a lot with filter and photoshop filters in the end to adjust it to my tastes... so the hues end up looking a bit different anyways^^ I usually try to avoid multiply as well ! I like to use luminosity with yellow/orange shades though, I think it gives this extra warm "pop" when lightning ^^
((Yon if you have more color tips to spare I'm the first to listen lol))

is that so?? That seems really dumb? I mean, if I want to become a patreon, I'd want to be the patreon of the real thing and not of the copy lol (why would you even pledge to the copies if there's the real thing ?? are they cheaper or what lol)

raises hand, my personal preference is adding a lot of blues and purples lmAO 8"DDD
it makes the art look a little "calmer" I think? www
I also used to own this tutorial book thing which suggested you to add a soft light layer like this on everything:

f5f41c177671230ec238b2cff38226eb.png

p sure it's not everyone's taste but no harm in trying it out ?\_(ツ)_/?

JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINT AAAAAAAAAAAAAA I LEGIT SCREAMED WHEN I SAW THIS ;A; TYSM !!!! AKSJDHAKJSDHAKSJDH

LAUGHS glad you like!!!

I got yon's mail today!!!! so prettyyyy T_____T

C3nG8ATWAAkaGn2.jpg

treasures rowlet 4ever scrIMs

//side note I've been crazy artblocked lately, but I'm striving really hard to clear off my commissions list >->o
rl has started to torture me too LMAO so... if I'm less and less active, you know why //rip

Last edited:

I just realised that I've never posted this here before?? screams
one of my proudest pieces ;___; I love the way I drew the hair haha

kasumi_2esws_by_jintii-davpg9g.png

in attempt to kill my artblock I've also been working on some sort of closed species... weep
I've got the general lore and the traits down, but want to confirm with one of my friends first that it's "safe" to release the species before posting it anywhere public //orz

35024e26fe9e4007a6962131f4241e99.png

EDIT: prototype species scheduled to upload tonight on my deviantart!

Last edited:

\ o / asteri #1 was like this for those who don't follow me on dA!!

asteri_male_s_by_jintii-daxnkfs.png

meanwhile, asteri 2 is in heavy wip.... I regret giving her too many transparent things lmao

23a3225dc9bcf5ae67b6424c42fb1565.png

JINT literally always YOU'RE A MASTER OF BLUE
I can totally see why [this] is one of your proudest pieces!
Gotta say I love the look of the hair too. The shading is so on point; the hair seriously looks so beautiful and shiny. I also have to mention the star! It's probably my favorite part of her design :-o
hmm... are her hands supposed to be that small though? LOL I didn't see this at first but once I looked closer I noticed it... I was like "oh wow she has some really small hands!!"
Reminds me of someone I know, whose hands are pretty tiny, hehe
BUT YEAH the artwork is so pretty!! The dress is amazingly detailed, which I love, and the blue/purple gradient works so well. The BG sparkles and clouds also MAKE A REALLY AMAZING SCENE, you never disappoint with brushes/effects \o/

also I love the galaxy theme on Asteri #1 (you're good at that haha) AND Asteri #2 looks great so far!! That dress is magical already o_o

YAAA JINTEE your closed species is so creative and SO LIKE U!! Blue & starry!
Cant wait to see more ; v;

Back