amiibo Festival AH HA!

pika62221

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Now I know what's going on, it was Pav? who developed amiibo FESTIVAL!! As if we don't get the same thing over and over, now we get more amiibo to play in this kind of game! In all reality, it is a disappointment that it's not the core series game many expected after the amiibo leak (I was one), but like Bill Trinen said, this is a way for him to play Animal Crossing something with his daughter who doesn't play Animal Crossing, so it's bridging the gap between fans of this series and fans of party board game style games. Looks fun if you like board games. I'm not one of those people. Either way, they're going to cash in with the different aspects. Super hardcore Animal Crossing fans who have literally every game/app ever made for the thing *cough* (me- with Plaza, Clock, Calculator, etc), are going to buy this. Amiibo hunters/scalpers are also going to buy the amiibo, and possibly Mario Party fans may buy this for the individual play (though in fairness it does look a LOT like the Amiibo Party part of Mario Party 10). It's aimed more at casual fans than Animal Crossing fans, as this incorporates Animal Crossing elements into a board game, without actually being an Animal Crossing game. Some were clever, I'll give them that. Holding cards from Redd to use later, and selling turnips within 7 turns (one week) depending on the space landed on was clever, along with using a calendar to play too.

About the NX though. One, Nintendo never officially said it's replacing the Wii U, just everyone is assuming it. Two, there could still be an Animal Crossing U coming (should Nintendo decide to make another console version given total sales for 4 games only tally 5 million units compared to the over 20 million for just New Leaf/Wild World). I'm a little bit surprised they didn't stay true to their historic pattern especially after the leaked amiibo, but in a way not surprised either given the sales numbers of the entire series (80% come from just 2 games, both on handhelds). I said before in an earlier post that 2016 would be the earliest we would see a U version, IF we see a U version, and not a spin-off game. Still, have to hand it to them, they know it's a popular franchise now, and are spinning it off, how many Mario games have had spin-offs in his history?

This proves Nintendo has done their own thing their own way in their own time. Animal Crossing and Metroid fans are a bit miffed but you can't blame them given how much anticipation about a possible Wii U entry. Certainly won't help the Wii U who's already struggling in sales, but at least it's something, so I'll get it, and play it.

Actually, nintendo really specifically said that the nx is not a replacement for the wii u, so you're right!

So? Nintendo also said that the DS was going to be a 'third pillar' that would co-exist alongside the home console and Gameboy brand as a separate thing, that it wouldn't replace the Gameboy.

By the way, are you enjoying the new Gameboy? What, there hasn't been a new Gameboy since the DS launched? Bloody hell, they lied to us!

Last edited:
Back