• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

amiibo Festival Just saw the price...

it is confirmed, the game is free to download. HOWEVER, you need at least one amibo, those you have to pay for. Amazon isn't reliable, it also shows a high price to pre-order silent hills, which isn't even coming out anymore (as of now).

that should answer the question. it is free to download, however any prices you see may be including figures etc.

Where is it confirmed? No it does not answer anyone's questions as you haven't actually shown any evidence of confirmation.

Give an update when you have something worthwhile to contribute thanks

it is confirmed, the game is free to download. HOWEVER, you need at least one amibo, those you have to pay for. Amazon isn't reliable, it also shows a high price to pre-order silent hills, which isn't even coming out anymore (as of now).

that should answer the question. it is free to download, however any prices you see may be including figures etc.

It's not confirmed to be free. If it was then Nintendo wouldn't have said it's available for "purchase", nor would pre-orders for the game be available on amazon.

Please don't spread lies that you heard on Twitter, since when is some random from Twitter ever reliable. If you think someone on Twitter is more reliable than Amazon then... L-O-L

It's not confirmed to be free. If it was then Nintendo wouldn't have said it's available for "purchase", nor would pre-orders for the game be available on amazon.

Please don't spread lies that you heard on Twitter, since when is some random from Twitter ever reliable. If you think someone on Twitter is more reliable than Amazon then... L-O-L

I'm not spreading lies, and I didn't say anything about Twitter, that's not where I have gotten my information from. As I've said, amazon pre-orders are wrong half the time, so don't be an idiot and get snappy with me just because I was trying to help a bit, like everyone else was.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Where is it confirmed? No it does not answer anyone's questions as you haven't actually shown any evidence of confirmation.

Give an update when you have something worthwhile to contribute thanks

I actually had the article on my phone, as it was sent to me. I posted on here as I read it as I remembered seeing this post and though I could help answer something that people were unsure of. My god, you try to help and discuss something you've read and all you get is people being rude , because clearly that's worth contributing, your attitude.

I'm not spreading lies, and I didn't say anything about Twitter, that's not where I have gotten my information from. As I've said, amazon pre-orders are wrong half the time, so don't be an idiot and get snappy with me just because I was trying to help a bit, like everyone else was.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I actually had the article on my phone, as it was sent to me. I posted on here as I read it as I remembered seeing this post and though I could help answer something that people were unsure of. My god, you try to help and discuss something you've read and all you get is people being rude , because clearly that's worth contributing, your attitude.

So... are you going to share this article of yours? Because so far all you've said is 'confirmed' rumours of which you still have no source

So... are you going to share this article of yours? Because so far all you've said is 'confirmed' rumours of which you still have no source

What is this, I mean really. Everyone seems to state things, the second I write about something I've read to try and help and give some light as to why it might say a pre order is so much, I have you - either an adult who acts like a child or a child - being incredibly rude to me.

I didn't post on here "it's free you're all stupid for going on amazon". I didn't insult a single person with my remark, so there is no need for this. I mean who are you? Just some person on the internet. I will gladly discuss what I've read and from where to anyone who is polite and wants to get into more detail about that, I read it, posted excitedly thinking I could contribute to this, and in return you're just being rude.

What is this, I mean really. Everyone seems to state things, the second I write about something I've read to try and help and give some light as to why it might say a pre order is so much, I have you - either an adult who acts like a child or a child - being incredibly rude to me.

I didn't post on here "it's free you're all stupid for going on amazon". I didn't insult a single person with my remark, so there is no need for this. I mean who are you? Just some person on the internet. I will gladly discuss what I've read and from where to anyone who is polite and wants to get into more detail about that, I read it, posted excitedly thinking I could contribute to this, and in return you're just being rude.

I'm just asking for the article where you got this information so that I can help people that you may have, even if accidentally, lied to. Is that too much to ask?

I'm just asking for the article where you got this information so that I can help people that you may have, even if accidentally, lied to. Is that too much to ask?

Yes, because you're implying I'm a liar, and you've been rude! You can't help anyone on here, despite what you may think. See I post something, and people discuss it. But ultimately no one on this forum knows everything hands down.

If anyone else politely asks me I am more than happy to discuss things and hear what they have to say. But just because you've been here longer than some, doesn't mean you can talk down to someone who was only trying to be nice and help. If I had known what I wrote was going to be that offence I would've just kept it to myself.

cool but maybe try to be more polite next time? "Give an update when you have something worthwhile to contribute thanks"... really? you're really gonna play it like that? dont try to act like you were just trying to be helpful when you literally said something like that.

Yes, because you're implying I'm a liar, and you've been rude! You can't help anyone on here, despite what you may think. See I post something, and people discuss it. But ultimately no one on this forum knows everything hands down.

If anyone else politely asks me I am more than happy to discuss things and hear what they have to say. But just because you've been here longer than some, doesn't mean you can talk down to someone who was only trying to be nice and help. If I had known what I wrote was going to be that offence I would've just kept it to myself.

Ok you have some problems and need to calm down before you reply, but I'm going to try and explain something to you.

One person posted a twitter comment saying apparently this game is free, however it is still not confirmed. So because of this, many different sites and people have instantly believed this rumour and the idea that it's free is spreading as if it's true. So when someone comes and says it's confirmed, it's helpful to the community to know the validity of the source (but you're throwing a tantrum so you're obviously not going to give it). But what if this game ends up not being free? It's going to end up getting far more hate than it deserves, mainly because people are throwing rumours everywhere as if they are facts. So for the benefit of everyone who might read your post in which you say that it's 'confirmed' and believe it purely, I wanted to know the source to see whether it is actually confirmed or not, for I know of many articles which are merely rumours. So whether you did it on purpose or not, it really doesn't matter, everyone makes mistakes instantly believing rumours and whatnot, but being stubborn and angry over nothing and thus harming the community has no excuse. Not sure where you're preconceived idea that people are speaking down to you because they've been on the site longer has come from, but it's obviously a personal issue, less to do with anyone but yourself.

cool but maybe try to be more polite next time? "Give an update when you have something worthwhile to contribute thanks"... really? you're really gonna play it like that? dont try to act like you were just trying to be helpful when you literally said something like that.

THANK YOU! I honestly thought for a second I was crazy and the only one who saw it that way.

I would gladly provide one and talk about it, but when someone talks to me like that it just annoys me a lot. just seems....I'm not sure of the word but yeah >.<

Ok you have some problems and need to calm down before you reply, but I'm going to try and explain something to you.

One person posted a twitter comment saying apparently this game is free, however it is still not confirmed. So because of this, many different sites and people have instantly believed this rumour and the idea that it's free is spreading as if it's true. So when someone comes and says it's confirmed, it's helpful to the community to know the validity of the source (but you're throwing a tantrum so you're obviously not going to give it). But what if this game ends up not being free? It's going to end up getting far more hate than it deserves, mainly because people are throwing rumours everywhere as if they are facts. So for the benefit of everyone who might read your post in which you say that it's 'confirmed' and believe it purely, I wanted to know the source to see whether it is actually confirmed or not, for I know of many articles which are merely rumours. So whether you did it on purpose or not, it really doesn't matter, everyone makes mistakes instantly believing rumours and whatnot, but being stubborn and angry over nothing and thus harming the community has no excuse. Not sure where you're preconceived idea that people are speaking down to you because they've been on the site longer has come from, but it's obviously a personal issue, less to do with anyone but yourself.

you're right, but this whole section on the forum is more or less speculation. no one has enough info to say much yet.

you're right, but this whole section on the forum is more or less speculation. no one has enough info to say much yet.

yea, and if it really is confirmed to be a free game, then it would be cool to know, but I guess it's still rumours until ninty says something

Umm Twitter is the only place it was ever "confirmed" to be free. Any articles that state so are using Twitter as their source, whether or not you're aware of it. And at the end of the game, that game hasn't been confirmed free, but at the same time it hasn't been confirmed as a paid title - though most signs point towards it being a paid title anyway.

No one is being rude to you, and if you feel that way, sorry. But you can't go on a forum posting things are "confirmed" when they're not. This happens all the time, and believe it or not a lot of people will believe it, and then go around screaming it to be true without a credible source. The fact that you were unable to link your source it what adds more fuel to the fire, because so many times people have com here saying something has been confirmed, but lacked a source. I can not tell you how many times people came here saying they had a confirmed release date for ACNL, and their source was "a family member works at Nintendo", and then once that "release date" came and the game hadn't been released, guess who they went to blame, the person who gave the false info in the first place. You can't blame people for not believing your "sources" (when you fail to provide one), and it's not fair to call someone out for being rude, when all they're doing is asking for a source, and disagreeing with you. That's not fair on anyone. And if you think people are being rude or unfairly targeting you, then please go out side, get some fresh air, and calm down, because no one is doing that at all.

TL;DR - it's not confirmed free
- absolutely no one was being rude or insulting you
- post sources

Last edited:
yeah, i couldn't fine anywhere from treehousee @ e3 2015 saying that was free i hear "purchase" at the end of the video, but that's it.
i hear people saying that it is free (maybe the digital version is? but i doubt that. )

Don't go by those, freaking Mario Party 10 was $99.99 on Amazon before Nintendo announced the price of the thing.

I'm not going to even waste my time dragging this out. Just stop already and move on.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I never said my source was twitter. You're being a hypocrite by saying things about me with no source. It's clear the mods don't care, but really, stop commenting and let us know when you have something that's actually worth contributing.

Last edited:
I'm not going to even waste my time dragging this out. Just stop already and move on.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I never said my source was twitter. You're being a hypocrite by saying things about me with no source. It's clear the mods don't care, but really, stop commenting and let us know when you have something that's actually worth contributing.

Ok, so what is your source?

- - - Post Merge - - -

You're not listening. All we're asking for is for you to post your source, is it really that hard? No one is being rude to you, no one is attacking you, all we're asking is for you to post your source where read the game was free. If you are unable to do so, then you're the one who should stop, as you're trolling. I can say "omg guys there's going to be a Blaters amiibo" and not post my source, can't you see how petty that is? Obviously people aren't going to believe you if you fail to post such sources for your resources.

The only source that has been shown has been a Twitter source, so if you actually have something else other than a Twitter source, we want to see it, because we haven't seen it - that's all we're asking for. Because all my sources that I've seen say that the game will not be free, and will be purchasable like any other game, so all we're simply asking for is for you to post your source, and that's all we've been doing form the beginning, you're the one being rude by calling us rude. Seriously, if you just posted your source then this'd be over by now.

And instead of me making myself look like a major hypocrite, and to show I actually have something "worth posting" here are my sources for the game being purchasable, so unless you have a source that says other wise, either please share, or drop it.

http://www.amazon.com/Animal-Crossi...id=1434784581&sr=8-1&keywords=amiibo+festival
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Animal-Cros...id=1434784587&sr=8-1&keywords=amiibo+festival
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=6adc0d424794753c200f899eec915f99en02
http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/animal-crossing-amiibo-festival/122857
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/animal-crossing-amiibo-festival-nintendo-wii-u/9505126.p
https://www.jbhifi.com.au/games-consoles/platforms/wii-u/animal-crossing-amiibo-festival/733993/
https://ebgames.com.au/wiiu-202905-Animal-Crossing-Amiibo-Festival-Bundle-Placeholder-Price-Wii-U
yfk5XRP.png
REbepS2.png
mgi8aKF.png

Shops like Amazon and EB Games don't put up things for sale that are going to be free, they only do it once they get the all clear from Nintendo to do it. If it was in fact free, these links would have been taken down by now, since they've been up for a good 3 days. Nintendo UK and Nintendo America have also both tweeted that the game will release as a bundle (how can it release as a bundle if it's free), Nintendo America also said it will come "packaged" (how do you package amiibo cards with a free game?) Nintendo America also going the extra mile to say it will be available "for purchase" - how do you purchase something that's supposedly free?

And before you jump down my throat saying we're being rude to you, seriously, all you have to do is post your source, which is what we've been asking ever since you posted. If you can post a source that's credible and can back up your claims that the game will be free, I'm more than happy to take your word for it.

Last edited:
Ok, so what is your source?

Let me make one thing clear, I am new to this forum. So I don't know everything, I had no idea you couldn't even comment without a source attached directly to that comment. Otherwise I wouldn't have said anything, until I had linked it on my laptop.

Now, it's clear you have some serve problems, if you think it's okay to pester someone and harass them by following their other posts. And it's clear that mods don't do sh** otherwise they would have closed this thread realising YOU are dragging something out when I've made it clear I don't in fact want to or need to talk to you.

If ANYONE else want's to talk to me without being a jerk, I'll talk to them fine. But in the real world, when someone asks you to stop harassing them, most people have common sense and do so. I've heard from several people you are known for being sarcastic and rude, that has confirmed sources too.

If ANYONE wants to talk about this with me and my sources, PM me, I have no problem. But I am no longer posting on this since the mods can't do their job, and it's just you constantly dragging it out because you clearly can't read.

Let me make one thing clear, I am new to this forum. So I don't know everything, I had no idea you couldn't even comment without a source attached directly to that comment. Otherwise I wouldn't have said anything, until I had linked it on my laptop.
Well could you please link it now?
No one is saying you need to source everything, this isn't a university essay, but when you say that something is true and there is no source attached to it, other than "your word", that's when people want sources.
I could go out and say that amiibo Festival will also be compatible with New Leaf, because I read it on the internet somewhere, but if I can't provide a source when people ask me, and if that source isn't credible, that doesn't make it true.

Seriously, we just want a source for where you read this, we're not attacking you, we're not flaming you, we're not trolling you, and we're most certainly not harassing you. All we want to know is where you got your source from so we can see if it's credible or not.

No hard feelings :)

Back