• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

amiibo Festival Just saw the price...

sizzles

Bells
Pear (Fruit)
Got e-mailed about this game from Amazon, which sent me to a link to pre-order amiibo festival.

?54.99. (about $86)

I was never going to get this game anyway, but this puts me off even more! :O Would anyone actually pay that much?

It didn't really say much. Just a plain disc box with a tiny little logo in the middle. Still high either way

In Canadian dollars that's $106.45. O_O That has got to either be wrong or be boxed with something! That's insane!

It's most likely just a placeholder price so they can start pre-orders. Same deal on EB games, but for a different placeholder price.

It's most likely just a placeholder price so they can start pre-orders. Same deal on EB games, but for a different placeholder price.

AC: HHD is $39.99 on Amazon for pre-ordering, and most likely both HHD and aF have placeholder prices. Although aF's is WAY too high, I expected $59.99 as always lol.

In Canadian dollars that's $106.45. O_O That has got to either be wrong or be boxed with something! That's insane!

On Amazon.ca its being advertised as $69.99 with free shipping. By the looks of it, that just looks like the game itself.

There hasn't been an official price set for the game yet, so they set the prices of these games for like a third more than what they're going to be worth just in case they don't undersell any.

Like it has been said before it is most likely a placeholder price, but if it is bundled with some Amiibos it may bump up the price a little...

They just played this on Nintendo Treehouse and lots of the comments in the chat box were saying that this game had been confirmed to be free, I missed the very start of them playing so I cannot confirm or deny this having been said.

I'm pretty sure the game is only available in the bundle with the two amiibo figures and three cards, so that's probably why it's so expensive.

Best Buy in Canada price is $80 for a preorder. Full game, two toys and three cards.
I was hoping just to preorder the toys.

Amazon always tend to overprice games that haven't been released yet. It's so that they don't get screwed on that 'pay the lowest price we offer' policy they have by underestimating the retail price and it turning out to be more expensive.

Considering it's Amiibo focused, they've obviously taken into account it may come with Amiibo's and inflated the price accordingly for now.

I thought it was a free download? Does anyone really know what's going on here

In Nintendo's press statement concerning E3, Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival will launch in a bundle with two amiibo and three amiibo cards, so at this rate it most likely won't be free. You NEED the amiibo to play the game anyway (it appears) so there's no point in offering a free download if you need to spend money on figures lol.

it is confirmed, the game is free to download. HOWEVER, you need at least one amibo, those you have to pay for. Amazon isn't reliable, it also shows a high price to pre-order silent hills, which isn't even coming out anymore (as of now).

that should answer the question. it is free to download, however any prices you see may be including figures etc.

Back