• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

amiibo Festival Just saw the price...

wait i thought this game was for free?

It's not actually that expensive, when skylanders first came out the game costed 50 pounds, but now it's like 20-30 pounds, so it'll probably lower a bit after it first comes out, so it's not to bad. :)

No, it never was, and the only source to "confirm" it was free has essentially backed down on their word.

Do be careful, it's coming across as bullying now. A new poster used the word 'confirmed' instead of 'i heard'. It didn't need 3 pages of interrogation and harrassment.

You would think by now people would stop saying it's free after seeing what I got for using the wrong words *sigh*

Is there even a point in keeping this thread open, since it's just people disagreeing over the price when nothing is confirmed?

this game most certainly does NOT look like a free to play game! it looks similar to mario party which is $50 I believe?

Do be careful, it's coming across as bullying now. A new poster used the word 'confirmed' instead of 'i heard'. It didn't need 3 pages of interrogation and harrassment.

I'm not bullying anyone? Idk what you're on about.
And if you think I was taking a jab at the poster who said it was free, I wasn't, I was taking a jab at the person on twitter who said it was free, who has now backed down on his word.

What I have done/said is in no way bullying, or harassment, and if you think that's what I've done, you need to relearn your definitions. All I am doing is informing people of the correct information after they believed false info, and if they don't believe me because it was "confirmed" on twitter, then I'll explain to them why it's wrong it's all very civil. It's in no way, shape or form bullying.

and if anyone would like any further justification as to why it's free - if you go to Nintendo UK's upcoming games section on their website, for amiibo Festival it lists "Wii U" as it's type.
If you look several other Wii U titles on the list, there are some that say "Wii U download software" and "Virtual Console (Wii U)" which indicates they will be a download title for free (or paid), or a VC download - but amiibo Festival does not, as it simply lists "Wii U" as it's release type - which if you look at the entire list, you would see the pattern where it lists "Wii U" for every title that is a physical game (Jurassic World, Super Mario Maker, Starfox, Zelda, just to name a few), which we know are getting physical, paid releases, and not a free download. So why would amiibo Festival randomly have the "Wii U" tag line, but be a free download. If it was free it would have "Wii U download software" next to it, and it does not.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Upcoming-Games/Upcoming-Games-753286.html

Last edited:
Back