• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

amiibo Festival Anyone excited for this game? At all? Anyone?

I'm excited about this game. Finally an animal crossing game I can play with my family. My family doesn't like games much so a digital board game is always a good family experience.

i'm still waiting and seeing more before deciding,
while im not much fond of the idea it's going, i'm just really GLAD where getting a Animal Crossing game on Wii U, but thats all i have say to this for now,

I'm not particularly excited. I like any form of tabletop games, but this one looks like a mario party game without any minigames. The gameplay looked like "You landed on this panel, here's a thing for all of you!". It's definitely a cute looking game and I can always expect a good soundtrack out of the AC franchise, but I definitely need to see more of the gameplay.

I'm also really getting frustrated with this amiibo support. I don't like the fact that it's just on disk dlc. You're paying money for a game on day one and you don't even have access to everything on that disk. I understand cosmetic dlc, the art team doesn't have much to do in the late stages of a games development, so why not have them create some cosmetic dlc. Though I'd rather them at least put up the content on the shop so that anyone can purchase the dlc for a consistent price rather than being forced to buy it from some person who decided to flip it for 50 bucks.

I completely understand why someone would want an amiibo, even though they have shoddy model quality imo, I can understand because I like to collect things myself. But the problem is that when people buy these things, it encourages Nintendo to keep doing it. Though its screwing over the people who don't want that stuff or the people who purchase a game later down the line. Capcom did on disk dlc a while back and people got really pissy, but now Nintendo is pulling the same crap and everyone is eating it up. I really, and I mean really don't want to see this amiibo stuff happen in ANY of the animal crossing games, and I truly hope they don't bring it into a main game.

It would be nice if they still made the content available in game for those who didn't purchase the amiibos and the people who did purchase them would get the item or whatever without having to work for it, I guess. So you would be paying for the convenience is what I'm trying to say.

Last edited:
I would buy it but I don't have a Wii U. I do plan to buy an Isabelle amiibo because she's gorgeous! I do already have a Good Smile Company Isabelle figure but another one can't hurt right?

It looks nice.

Except that my Wii U immediately forgot how to load disks when I tried to play Pikmin 3.

I think it looks cool - granted I've never played Mario Party - but it looks like it'd be fun. I'd definitely buy it if I was still babysitting - I used to babysit 3 kids who loved Animal Crossing and argued over who would play next - this would be perfect for them.

Personally, I think this game could be pretty fun. I like Mario Party 10, so this can't be too bad... Right?

Back