amiibo Festival Anyone excited for this game? At all? Anyone?

Dry-ice-bat

Merengue's my life.
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Winter Mittens
So far, all i'm seeing is backlash, but maybe this is going to be better than the joke Mario Party 10 was, at least this has some of the most adorable Amiibo. Even if the game is trash, at least i can get some sweet Amiibo out of it.(if they're not all sold out LIKE EVERY OTHER ONE EVER I'M LOOKING AT YOU ROSALINA.)
so... is anyone at all look froward to this game?

Last edited:
Count me in! I would actually like to play board game themed video game with an Animal Crossing touch.

I'll be buying this when it comes out.

No, I might if I had a Wii U, only because I play on buying the AC amiibos as there as not that rare in the UK.
I want a Wii U but I want to hold out to see what NX has to offer :).

I'm actually fairly interested in it! Sure I am disappointed that it's not the game we were looking for, but I think I'll be able to enjoy it for what it is. I did like amiibo Party in Mario Party 10 quite a lot.

Well, I don't have a Wii U so I won't be playing, but I might buy the amiibos.

It looks awesome! I love games like this! I'm not excited about having to buy multiple amiibos to play it, but I guess that's still cheaper than buying GBAs and GBA link cables for the GameCube a la Zelda: Four Swords Adventures, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles and the like.

It was a classic bait-and-switch by Nintendo! You see Isabelle put on the gamepad, then see her enter the station- OMG IT'S THE WII U ANIMAL CROSSING!! Hey! Wait a minute, it's not a town, it's got something else... Huh? Mario Party styled game? What the?... HEY! You tricked me!!!

Tbh besides the fact that it's a huge let down, as long as it's cheap I think it's a good board game.

It looks cute! I haven't gotten into the amiibo craze yet, but I'll probably give it a try. Especially if it has online play because I have no local friends ;__;

It would be great if it offers online functionality! Not so excited about actually looking for the amiibo either. Otherwise, I'm willing to give it a try since I actually like the Mario party series including the MP9/10 'classic mode'.

They better get their amiibo quantities in check since you need at least one to even play the game. Scalpers are going to love this line up.

Ill buy it but I suspect it will cost a butt ton with the amiibo and all that stuff

It looks interesting that Animal Crossing is doing different gameplay styles.

But honestly, if they're going to have a party game, they should just have online and that's about it.

That's the one thing that Nintendo isn't doing with their party games and it looks like its not going to happen here.

Plus, the fact that the amiibo are required to play the game is ludicrous. Unless the game is free to play and you have to buy the Amiibo sepretly and let you play as a few characters, maybe it could work. But as of now, its just a mess. I'm not mad about it like a lot of Nintendo/Animal Crossing fans are, but it could've been a lot worse.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to it!
I wouldn't say I'm as excited as a main AC title, but I am intrigued by this game.
I can totally understand that this is not what Animal Crossing fans want, and maybe a core AC title for Wii U is coming, but at least we have something unique and different to try out. I just hope this game supports online multiplayer.

Hopefully future news about this game gives us more reasons to buy it :)

The Amiibo functionality is a marketing strategy to gain more cash from animal crossing fans.

it is a good start though as we can finally get the villagers we want easily from the cards. but animal crossing's "fun" comes from the trading and getting villagers you want from other means.

Back