• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

amiibo Festival Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival Discussion

Isabelle and Digby amiibos are confirmed to be bundled with the game.

Hopefully they're also sold separately since I really just want the game and Isabelle.

I don't want figures I'm not that fond of taking up space on my shelves and cupboards, I also don't want to put the effort into putting them on eBay. Plus some kid who actually wants Digby would have the chance to get him instead, as opposed to just rotting in his packaging at the back of my cupboard.

Last edited:
I'm not to happy about this game when i saw the trailer i thought we where going to get a new animal crossing game but nope its just like mario party, stupid stupid stupid -_- ugh nintendo why......

Preschool level Mario Party meets Animal Crossing...

Even if I had a Wii U, I wouldn't be interested in the slightest.

omg marshal was wearing a police hat

he's a marshal.. and his name is marshal

Yes, I saw that to!
I thought it was a police hat.

---

Also, Although I love Animal Crossing and a big fan, even if I had a Wii U, I probably wouldn't get it.
If I did, I would probably play it once, and then it would just sit there.

This is a title I would be interested in if it didn't require amiibos to play. I'm very much an all-or-nothing person, so I've avoided buying amiibos since I don't have the money/space for them all & if I only bought a few it would bother me that I didn't have a complete collection.

I'm already put off by that aspect. To me, it's like selling a board game where you have to buy the essential pieces separately. That & the way they announced it. Seriously Nintendo, you knew how much hype there was for an AC Wii U, if you're going to make a second spinoff, don't make it seem like something it's not.

Putting aside everything I've said above, at first glance, it seems fairly simplistic, much like the more recent Mario Party games. But the fact that you seem to have music notes & bells, and everyone moves separately intrigues me as it seems like an older-style MP game. I know it's highly unlikely, but my far-fetched hope is that if this game does well using more complex & 'classic MP' mechanics, it could potentially rescue the MP franchise from the mundane disaster it's become.

869cNft.jpg

Last edited:
Personally I'm not ready for a new installment, and this games looks super frickin' cute.

I just realized in one of the events during the trailer Nook says that it was a rainy weekend so they decided to stay home and play a board game video game, which itself is Amiibo Festival where one of them is playing as Isabelle.

Kind of disappointing honestly with the game & wiiu. The game itself is not that bad but they should have released an actual animal crossing for wiiu. Its said that they are not focusing on the wiiu (i was about to buy one). I wonder if the nx will be worth it.

Last edited:
According to the Nintendo Treehouse segment on Amiibo Festival, there are more modes to the game than just the board game. Now I can see it turning into a more Nintendoland kind of game with various 'attractions' and whatnot - however still remaining a party game at heart.

http://www.nintendofeed.com/2015/06/e3-2015-animal-crossing-amiibo-festival_17.html
According to this the game is free but you need the Amiibo to play it, so anybody now who is saying they don't want/like the game but will still buy the Amiibo can easily just try the game later if they want to. Also AF is meant to feature some connectivity with HHD in that you can move houses you have designed over.

He's most likely wrong.

Ninty AUS/UK/NA have all said that the game is available for "purchase" this holiday season, and will "release" as a bundle. I mean, they could be doing like an eshop title where it's free, but and then have to buy the amiibo in store, but then also sell a physical copy of the game bundled with amiibo, but that would be so stupid. So he's probably wrong.

http://www.nintendofeed.com/2015/06/e3-2015-animal-crossing-amiibo-festival_17.html
According to this the game is free but you need the Amiibo to play it, so anybody now who is saying they don't want/like the game but will still buy the Amiibo can easily just try the game later if they want to. Also AF is meant to feature some connectivity with HHD in that you can move houses you have designed over.

He's most likely wrong.

Ninty AUS/UK/NA have all said that the game is available for "purchase" this holiday season, and will "release" as a bundle. I mean, they could be doing like an eshop title where it's free, but and then have to buy the amiibo in store, but then also sell a physical copy of the game bundled with amiibo, but that would be so stupid. So he's probably wrong.

Yeah, I don't buy the whole free to play thing that Josh has been going on about. Bothering the hell out of me seeing everyone going around spreading it as gospel and as an official source.

I think the game sells for $60 (or whatever regular price is) in stores bundled with the two amiibo and three amiibo cards, and then the game itself is sold digitally on the eShop for around $35-$40 if you'd rather buy other amiibo instead of the bundled ones.

Yeah, I don't buy the whole free to play thing that Josh has been going on about. Bothering the hell out of me seeing everyone going around spreading it as gospel and as an official source.

I think the game sells for $60 (or whatever regular price is) in stores bundled with the two amiibo and three amiibo cards, and then the game itself is sold digitally on the eShop for around $35-$40 if you'd rather buy other amiibo instead of the bundled ones.

He tweeted this out not too long ago but I still don't buy it;

Josh Thomas ‏@TheBitBlock 16m16 minutes ago

Alot of you are asking, I spoke with 3 reps from Nintendo who told me Amiibo Festival was free to play when it launches.

And this is why you actually read the sources you post people! My brain completely skipped over it being a Twitter post from the BitBlock rather than Nintendo, my apologies, I just saw "Free Download" and posted it without thinking :/

Oh well, they said in the Nintendo Treehouse live stream that there are other modes they couldn't show us yet which may make the price seem more worth it to other people, but I'm crazy enough to preorder it at any price- I am hoping around the ?49.99 price mark since that is what I am paying for the Yoshi's Woolly World and Green Yoshi's Amiibo bundle. And after watching that gameplay I think I will definitely be buying it :p

i'm kinda curious on what the other modes are,es,
im honestly 100% not expecting something as like Animal Crossing HHD has,
maybe it be cool like if they make a something with who can catch the most bugs or fish

Back