• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

amiibo Festival Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival Discussion

umm thats what u got, an animal crossing game for wii u

- - - Post Merge - - -

it will be announced next year probs. people were kidding themselves asking for a main series release 2 years after NL and with a spin off on the way
To me, these spin-off games mean we could be waiting a while. I thought that when HHD was announced, but now we have two.

umm thats what u got, an animal crossing game for wii u

- - - Post Merge - - -

it will be announced next year probs. people were kidding themselves asking for a main series release 2 years after NL and with a spin off on the way

next year sounds a bit late because probably it will be almost the end of the Wii U's life cycle...

At least we know that have all the models and textures in HD ready for a real full game :D
And lets not forget that this "spin off" will appeal to the younger generations as well as be a "party" game for families.
It's not such a bad thing. It doesn't appeal to me personally (although I am excited for HHD), but it's a stepping stone they were bound to take, and it could be a lot worse. I'm just gonna stick with playing HHD, collecting the cards, and I'll probably buy the 4 Amiibo figures :)

Last edited:
To me, these spin-off games mean we could be waiting a while. I thought that when HHD was announced, but now we have two.

They're both releasing this year tho...

next year sounds a bit late because probably it will be almost the end of the Wii U's life cycle...

Exactly!

To be honest idk why I got so worked up. Odds are that there isn't even going to be a real AC game for wiiu.

Here's to hoping that a new animal crossing game is released alongside nintendo's new console.

Yea and Pokemom Black and White came out on the DS near the end of it's life cycle. pokemons arguably a much bigger franchise than animal crossing. Your point is?

Also hoping for Animal Crossing for the NX. I've lost hope for an actual Animal Crossing game for the Wii U.

Also hoping for Animal Crossing for the NX. I've lost hope for an actual Animal Crossing game for the Wii U.

I'd rather it be for the NX... at least it'd be a new console I'd have to buy xD Don't wanna pay for a Wii-U when it's already a few years old :')

Yea and Pokemom Black and White came out on the DS near the end of it's life cycle. pokemons arguably a much bigger franchise than animal crossing. Your point is?

we might not be getting a main AC game oin the Wii U at all, and while there's a little hope coming from your statement I'm really just going to pass on hoping. I was more hyped about metroid anyway so...

The ds was a raging success

The Wii U is and probably is and will be Nintendo's worst console. Realistically they should have ported new leaf to the Wii U, I remember there was talk of it being a Wii U title alongside a 3DS one (like sm4sh). It would have helped sales tremendously had it been. It seems a bit late and wasteful to release such a large and popular game on a console that has already had its peak.

Last edited:
mVMQaOr.png

Maybe the next real game will be a port of new leaf in HD... they've done it with Zelda so :/

The ds was a raging success

The Wii U is and probably is and will be Nintendo's worst console. Realistically they should have ported new leaf to the Wii U, I remember there was talk of it being a Wii U title alongside a 3DS one (like sm4sh). It would have helped sales tremendously had it been. It seems a bit late and wasteful to release such a large and popular game on a console that has already had its peak.

the last thing we wanted was another spin off for the Wii U, now expect to see more "Nintendoomed" articles starting from now
and I thought we were done with those....

the last thing we wanted was another spin off for the Wii U, now expect to see more "Nintendoomed" articles starting from now
and I thought we were done with those....

ugh the critics are probably laughing rn

(off topic, the AC happy home designer is being previewed on the N treehouse)

Oh, I think I am the only person who likes the look of this... I mean I am still annoyed that they didn't announce a Wii U main game but tbh I'd rather have this, wait another year and get a more developed main game than get the main game released in a few months and find that it is a glorified New Leaf port.
Though since I don't really have any friends who will play this with me so I hope they have an option to play vs three npcs, either that or I'll play against myself like the sad child I am...

the new 3ds game looks pretty fun, at least.

also MARSHAL
WEARING
A HAT

BEARDO
WEARING
A HAT.

MY HEART

Last edited:
Since nobody seems to want this game is it safe to assume that you don't want the AC Amiibos? Since currently we can assume they will only work with AF and HHD, so you wouldn't really get any use out of them. If you don't it'll be nice to get the Amiibo without worrying about having to buy off scalpers:p

Isabelle and Digby amiibos are confirmed to be bundled with the game.

Back