• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

amiibo Festival Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival Discussion

Truffle

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
New Horizons Token
Holiday Candy Cane 2018
Winter Mittens
Pumpkin Cupcake
Happy Home Designer Token
Ancient Lantern
Cake
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Silver Mailbox
What do you guys think of the new game? I'm personally a bit disappointed that it was announced instead of an AC: Wii U installment, but it looks like it has potential to be interesting. It's worth noting the tiny text at the bottom of the announcement trailer: a separate Amiibo is required per player. Say hello to spending $120 for all eight! On the bright side, with the way this game functions for multiplayer mode, it sounds like there will be a game/Amiibo bundle that's available for a cheaper price than purchasing everything separately. I planned on purchasing the four amiibo anyways, so this might be worth the price. The game is set to be released during the 2015 Holiday Season.

E3 Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GIveAP_wtg&app=desktop

yzw6XxY.png

MWqBFVw.png

tVlJkNc.png

zPO2XAf.png

2hksjyE.png

z1tHiIH.png

vP7FukY.png

cKc3gKq.png

FOkAJ90.png

SZ0Odzq.png

det18Uf.png

tMQSBjh.png

tbi9MRZ.png

aOy1rkV.png

yTNRQA7.png

lVff6PD.png

QjOEt5U.png

3rQAHbU.png

Upn3ejz.png

qW9thcR.png

It was mentioned in the IRC how it looks like Mario Party: AC
Thoughts, anyone?​

Last edited:
Yeah, so they want me to buy Amibos AND the game? No thanks, bye Nintendo you had your chance. *i will buy HHD though, that looks good*

I'm not interested in this Mario Party travesty. Really aggravated here. Nintendo just spat in my face. This is a tragedy. I'm so disappointed in not having an Animal Crossing game for Wii U.

This really shows Nintendo has decided to kick the Wii U in it's grave. Nintendo has shifted its ressources to developing software for the NX whatever the system / console is. This is a filler year, like 2005 was.

I'm not interested in this Mario Party travesty. Really aggravated here. Nintendo just spat in my face. This is a tragedy. I'm so disappointed in not having an Animal Crossing game for Wii U.

This really shows Nintendo has decided to kick the Wii U in it's grave. Nintendo has shifted its ressources to developing software for the NX whatever the system / console is. This is a filler year, like 2005 was.

I'm glad they didn't... I don't wanna have to be buying a Wii-U towards the end of its life xD

Bring on the NX with a next gen crossing game :D HHD will keep me happy until then ^^

Ignoring the fact this got announced instead of a new main series game, this definitely looks a lot more fun than Mario Party. But the amiibo line is the only thing I care for.

they just honey****ed the whole ac fanbase when they showed that amiibo touch the gamepad lol

umm thats what u got, an animal crossing game for wii u

- - - Post Merge - - -

Maybe we will get a real game next decade.

it will be announced next year probs. people were kidding themselves asking for a main series release 2 years after NL and with a spin off on the way

they just honey****ed the whole ac fanbase when they showed that amiibo touch the gamepad lol

This. I saw the Amiibo being touched to the gamepad and then was really confused and disappointed when there were Mario Party squares covering the town.

Well, just like Pokemon had to have Spin-offs, it's time for Animal Crossing to get their Spin-offs out of the way before we go back to main games.

Last edited:
I'm interested in it, but I'd probably never play it so no thanks. I'll maybe get an amiibo though.

Literally, this game's announcement was WORSE than not hearing about AC at E3 this year at all.

Like maybe if there was no AC announcement in the digital event that would have been so much better, because at least then we'd know that they haven't been wasting their time creating this spin-off trash.

All that time and money wasted could have been spent on developing a title that we ACTUALLY WANT.

Mmmm....
If it's oversimplified/too luck based, I am NOT getting it. Oversimplification is a major problem I have with more recent mario parties, with depth in the game being lost more and more with each title. Also, one of the events in this AC is literally "split the money between two people" which almost, but thankfully isn't, a half-your-ministars moment. Still scary though...

I'm going to try and make it exciting.
What if instead of different boards like Mario Party, the town/board changes every time you play? Or maybe even make your own?

Nintendo knew exactly what the fans wanted, another MAIN animal crossing game for Wii U, and what have they done? Trolled us. They had everything there, and they would have made SOOOOO much money, because I can guarantee that more people would have bought a Wii u for a main game, rather than a stupid board game spin off. I am so sick of Nintendo just going "nah, they don't need a main game, let's just give them a game that won't require much effort, and forces them to buy Amiibo, I'm sure they'd love that!"

Back