My Unpopular Opinions... Yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. So much this. I've been saying this for years and most people just tell me I'm not seeing the big picture.

I love Pok?mon, but I don't understand why they have to keep making new ones, like, every other year. They're exactly the same, with one or two new features, and it's so repetitive now. You know what to expect. New starter, new enemy trying to take over the world, legendary Pok?mon is gonna kill everybody if you don't conveniently show up and capture it, etc.

The only big change in recent years has been the graphics. Visually, it's a different game every time, but that's it. I don't understand why they can't just update it with new content. That's what I'd do if I was in charge. Update the game with new events and missions and areas. Saves you the time and money developing a whole new game which could easily coincide with the previous.

Game Freak is gonna keep making Pokemon games until they don't sell anymore. It's economics 101. What easier way is there to make money than to repackage the same thing over and over again?

- - - Post Merge - - -

If Nintendo keeps up with their retardation, I'm sure they will tbh.

I'm kind of surprised they haven't gone under already. Between the failure of the Wii U and the emergence of mobile gaming, Nintendo doesn't have much margin for error left, and they're already doing some stupid stuff with the Switch.

Game Freak is gonna keep making Pokemon games until they don't sell anymore. It's economics 101. What easier way is there to make money than to repackage the same thing over and over again?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm kind of surprised they haven't gone under already. Between the failure of the Wii U and the emergence of mobile gaming, Nintendo doesn't have much margin for error left, and they're already doing some stupid stuff with the Switch.

I agree entirely. They're going to beat this franchise til it can't stand up anymore. In my opinion, they are trying to change up the game which I appreciate but they're kinda doing it wrong in some ways.

In general though, I believe they are behind in rpg standards. They maybe should take some ideas from other rpg games or something. Something besides "oh cool, z moves! That's worth a whole other game!" That just won't continue to sell for long. At least one would assume.

- - - Post Merge - - -

God bless for the 3DS sales?

You'd think that after the failure of the Wii U, Nintendo would pull up their socks but they haven't. I don't know if that's due to stupidity or their ego claiming that people will buy their stuff regardless. But they really need to make some big changes.

On the subject to Nintendo, I was reading the Wii U boards on GameFAQs throughout the time I was absent from this site. As much as these users are pessimistic trolls, they are right. Nintendo has been doing a bad job since the days of the Wii U. A lot of their titles during the Wii U era had several criticisms. Other than Splatoon and Smash, pretty much every major Wii U title has some flaws that show how bad Nintendo has been doing.

Mario Party 10 - cheap amiibo cash grab.
AC amiibo Festival - cheap amiibo cash grab. Some even consider this to be the worst Wii U game of all time, possibly the worst game distributed by Nintendo since 1981.
Star Fox Zero - forced motion controls and use of the gamepad. Even Forbes mentioned that this was the final straw for the Wii U.
Mario Kart 8 - COINS! It was stupid using the coin as a power-up to make it more challenging. That's this game's biggest problem.
Super Mario 3D World - a step back from Super Mario Galaxy.
NSMB U - by this point, people were tired of the NSMB series
Super Mario Maker - criticized for its level deletion policies (including if the level wasn't popular enough).
Mario Tennis Ultra Smash - I know it didn't do too well, but I don't know why.
Paper Mario: Color Splash - Before the E3, people criticized this game for being too much like Sticker Star, the game people hated most in Paper Mario.

Not only that, but on the Wii U board, people complained about the lack of new Zelda games and the lack of Metroid games on the Wii U. As much as I don't like listening to pessimists, I actually understand the older Nintendo fanbase pretty well. Metroid fans appear to be the most neglected fanbase, Star Fox fans were let down the most, and Zelda fans are the rudest. Even Mario fans and Pokemon fans were let down. I don't get why people are critical of the Pokemon's formulas (and I don't get what a formula is when it comes to gaming in general). But I do understand why people don't like the newer Mario games.

On the subject to Nintendo, I was reading the Wii U boards on GameFAQs throughout the time I was absent from this site. As much as these users are pessimistic trolls, they are right. Nintendo has been doing a bad job since the days of the Wii U. A lot of their titles during the Wii U era had several criticisms. Other than Splatoon and Smash, pretty much every major Wii U title has some flaws that show how bad Nintendo has been doing.

Mario Party 10 - cheap amiibo cash grab.
AC amiibo Festival - cheap amiibo cash grab. Some even consider this to be the worst Wii U game of all time, possibly the worst game distributed by Nintendo since 1981.
Star Fox Zero - forced motion controls and use of the gamepad. Even Forbes mentioned that this was the final straw for the Wii U.
Mario Kart 8 - COINS! It was stupid using the coin as a power-up to make it more challenging. That's this game's biggest problem.
Super Mario 3D World - a step back from Super Mario Galaxy.
NSMB U - by this point, people were tired of the NSMB series
Super Mario Maker - criticized for its level deletion policies (including if the level wasn't popular enough).
Mario Tennis Ultra Smash - I know it didn't do too well, but I don't know why.
Paper Mario: Color Splash - Before the E3, people criticized this game for being too much like Sticker Star, the game people hated most in Paper Mario.

Not only that, but on the Wii U board, people complained about the lack of new Zelda games and the lack of Metroid games on the Wii U. As much as I don't like listening to pessimists, I actually understand the older Nintendo fanbase pretty well. Metroid fans appear to be the most neglected fanbase, Star Fox fans were let down the most, and Zelda fans are the rudest. Even Mario fans and Pokemon fans were let down. I don't get why people are critical of the Pokemon's formulas (and I don't get what a formula is when it comes to gaming in general). But I do understand why people don't like the newer Mario games.

Nintendo is beginning to ignore its older fanbase. It looks like it anyway, considering how often they let the difficulty of their games drop in order to pander to younger/newer players. Which isn't totally bad but they really need to have an option to make the games harder. It isn't even me being older and better at games. The games HAVE gotten easier. At least include a difficulty option for players. Even in Story of Seasons they have seedling mode to make the game a little easier. They need to do that more often in my opinion. Otherwise they will alienate their older fans. And really, shouldn't they be targetting older fans since whatever is seen as 'cool' is usually what older kids play? When I was a kid, I looked up to older kids and if I saw them playing something, I'd automatically be interested. That happened to me with GTA and Spyro.

Nintendo is beginning to ignore its older fanbase. It looks like it anyway, considering how often they let the difficulty of their games drop in order to pander to younger/newer players. Which isn't totally bad but they really need to have an option to make the games harder. It isn't even me being older and better at games. The games HAVE gotten easier. At least include a difficulty option for players. Even in Story of Seasons they have seedling mode to make the game a little easier. They need to do that more often in my opinion. Otherwise they will alienate their older fans. And really, shouldn't they be targetting older fans since whatever is seen as 'cool' is usually what older kids play? When I was a kid, I looked up to older kids and if I saw them playing something, I'd automatically be interested. That happened to me with GTA and Spyro.

I definitely agree with this. It's not just Nintendo, but other game companies are doing it. People are acting like safe space children, even when it comes to difficulty of games. Notice how Super Mario Sunshine is the hardest 3D Mario game, and that is only the second one in line. Even I thought SMS was harder than the other 3D Mario games (I still do), and it's not hard for me anymore. But 3D World was easier than Galaxy, and Galaxy was easier than SM64. I also heard how easy MK8 is to the other Mario Karts. I kinda like it with the difficulty lower there, but some people find it very disappointing.

everyone wants a new animal crossing game to come out but i would be happy for another year or two if they just did one huge update for new leaf with a whole bunch of new areas to explore/things to do/items to buy and unlock.

i can wait for animal crossing hd lol

everyone wants a new animal crossing game to come out but i would be happy for another year or two if they just did one huge update for new leaf with a whole bunch of new areas to explore/things to do/items to buy and unlock.

i can wait for animal crossing hd lol

Me too! I'm not done with New Leaf yet!! I want a new Animal Crossing game to come out years from now. Nowhere near now. Haha

- - - Post Merge - - -

I definitely agree with this. It's not just Nintendo, but other game companies are doing it. People are acting like safe space children, even when it comes to difficulty of games. Notice how Super Mario Sunshine is the hardest 3D Mario game, and that is only the second one in line. Even I thought SMS was harder than the other 3D Mario games (I still do), and it's not hard for me anymore. But 3D World was easier than Galaxy, and Galaxy was easier than SM64. I also heard how easy MK8 is to the other Mario Karts. I kinda like it with the difficulty lower there, but some people find it very disappointing.

And it isn't even like these games were meant for just little kids to begin with. They were always family games so please Nintendo, start acting like it. I feel like I'm answering math questions in a grade one's math book. It has gotten to that point sadly.

I don't want the games to be too hard either but a challenge would be awesome.

My unpopular opinion is that Beyonce is completely and utterly overrated and not particularly interesting at all. I just hate how people glorify her like she's some kind of goddess when I really just don't see it...

Me too! I'm not done with New Leaf yet!! I want a new Animal Crossing game to come out years from now. Nowhere near now. Haha

I think a good year for the next game to release is sometime in 2018 preferably sometime in summer. New Leaf is just too good of a game to get rid of just yet :D

delete this opinion from your brain kiddo what if that was your mom or your dad or your sibling. you kind of suck if u think this

if it was my parent, sibling lr friend of course i would want them to get better. but just staying alive isnt the same as getting better and if there is no other way i dont want them to suffer more than they already have suffered. i think it is selfish to force other people to stay alive because you dont want to not have them in your life.

I think it depends whether you should let someone die tbh

If it's something that can't be overcome, then you should let them make that choice for themselves
Like I heard in the news about this guy who was paralysed and ****, but the court wouldn't let him die ;;

ppl should let suicidal ppl die

....So people should let me die because I'm suicidal? I think about it a lot and truly want to die sometimes but then I realise I don't and I need someone to help me, I don't need someone to let it happen because there's no going back. Its startling that people think this way because suicidal people need help not encouragement or neglect, I don't care if it's your opinion because what you said is really messed up. =/

If the person is physically suffering and doesn't have much time left then I believe in assisted suicide (only if the person who is suffering will be ready for it), but your comment didn't mention them specifically, you mentioned suicidal people in general which again is messed up.

Unpopular opinion: I think that Marvel > DC.

Last edited:
I totally agree with the "no new Animal Crossing game for awhile opinion." JUST GIVE ME UPDATES NINTY. ITS ONE OF THE FEW GAMES I STILL ENJOY FROM YOUR (in my mind) CRUMBLING COMPANY.

ppl should let suicidal ppl die

I used to be severely depressed and I wanted to die so bad. I wanted someone to just let me die. If the world had your mindset and just "let suicidal people die" when they wanted to, I wouldn't be in this world with my loving family, meeting new people and going to college. While I still have flares of depression, she things got better for me. The wanting to die and wanting someone to let you die mindset is the mental illness talking, not the individual.

You never know if things can get better. And letting someone kill themself or performing assisted suicide on those with mental illness just cuts of the chance for things ever getting better for them. This way of thinking makes me so upset, because, had your way been the accepted train of thought, I'd be dead right now and I would have died being "that girl with depression who asked to die."

Don't give the mental illness the tools to win when there are definitely ways out, even though those ways are different for everyone.

Last edited:
....So people should let me die because I'm suicidal? I think about it a lot and truly want to die sometimes but then I realise I don't and I need someone to help me, I don't need someone to let it happen because there's no going back. Its startling that people think this way because suicidal people need help not encouragement or neglect, I don't care if it's your opinion because what you said is really messed up. =/

If the person is physically suffering and doesn't have much time left then I believe in assisted suicide (only if the person who is suffering will be ready for it), but your comment didn't mention them specifically, you mentioned suicidal people in general which again is messed up.

Unpopular opinion: I think that Marvel > DC.

I don't think that's an unpopular opinion lmao, Marvel is definitely better

i only agree with the suicide thing if you seriously can't overcome something. like being paralysed or being in a lot of pain
i don't think it's the answer and there are places like switzerland i think where they allow you to die if you want to.
you're most likely to overcome depression since there's a lot of people that offer help, and with mental illnesses they can be awful but i still don't believe you should commit suicide
once you're dead, you're dead. there's no going back.

Last edited:

I'm actually getting tired of the superhero movies. We seen too many of them come out this entire decade. They were good a long time ago, but the trend is getting old.

DC are awful, horrible at making movies, at least recently. Suicide Squad and Batman V Superman are some of the worst movies ive ever seen.

But yeah, superhero movies in general need to stop. They've gone on for too long and they're all the same, so boring and just a sequel hook for the next movie featuring a hero nobody knows/cares about (Doctor strange? Aquaman? who the hell wants movies based on these guys? Doctor strange was so painfully average it hurt and Aquaman will suck. Calling it now.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back