• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What do you think would make AC:NL better?

Lmaze

Bells
Switch
3372-7149-0713

Let's face it, Animal Crossing New Leaf is pretty Freaking awesome!

But if you could change/improve one thing... what would it be?

I wish that we could have more personal storage. Taking a few trips with beetles from the Island is the biggest 1st world problem!

Last edited:
Two things. Two VERY important things. The ability to choose where a villager has their house built. I never really noticed until recently how obnoxious it can be when you have an empty slot in your village population count, you're gardening and setting up trees, bushes & whatnot and realize you've got to anticipate that some of your work will be destroyed when a villager comes moving in. That is really obnoxious. I mean REALLY. We have the ability to pick where our house goes. For the first time in any AC game, we can pick where our house goes. & There's no posts in town anymore where villagers can choose from. That is a plus, though, that those posts are gone. How do we not have a choice in where they appear?

Second. More rooms in our homes. There are many themes and sets I'd like to furnish in my home & while I greatly appreciate how much larger the house is compared to the previous games, I still want more. There are so many fantastic items in this game. So many themes and sets to collect that it'd be wonderful if we had more space to display them.

Last edited:
I want a separate inventory for tools. They take up so much space and JUST when you decide to leave one behind, you randomly need it for something.

I'd like to be able to use different wallpapers on different walls within a room. ;w; But I think that's just a personal thing because I'd love to have one wall one paper and the three remaining walls another paper.

Also the best friend function some people have been suggesting so you can have specific villagers that wont ask to move.

More interactable PWPs would be fun too! A lot more PWPs in general would be awesome!

YES! How nice would it be to place the homes where ever you would like! Also, very true about having a separate place to have your tools.

I would also like a better way to communicate with each other on the 3DS. We can interact on here but it would make more sense to be able to send each other messages on the device as well.

Being able to plant trees and bushes anywhere! and more pocket space, and also being able to choose where to build villager houses.

YES! How nice would it be to place the homes where ever you would like! Also, very true about having a separate place to have your tools.

I would also like a better way to communicate with each other on the 3DS. We can interact on here but it would make more sense to be able to send each other messages on the device as well.

We did have something like that until Nintendo turned it off because people were abusing it

Zoning control.

Storage.

Those spring to mind very quickly.

I'm one who could appreciate fewer fetching tasks.

I love the mayoral concept of "Animal Crossing: New Leaf." To see that continue, in a future "Animal Crossing," I'd like for Day #01 to be no one but Isabelle greeting a town's new mayor. Zoning control would be established immediately. And then Isabelle would have you extend invites to at least five villagers, belonging to separate Villager Personality Categories, as a courtesy. (The game of "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" doesn't start one ever with a Smug or an Uchi.)

I also want to see more speedier acquirements of Public Works Projects. The slow pace in "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" has been too much. And the zoning control, for where houses and buildings can be located, and the storage space, so badly needed because the game encourages hoarding, would be greatly appreciated updates for a future "Animal Crossing."

I freedom to put CEDAR TREES WHEREEVR WE PLEASE :) lol, thats like my number one complaint.. But i do wish we had to ability to choose the villagers who move in.. Idk how it would work but it would be pretty sweet

"People are abusing message-sending, a feature that's essential for letting each other know when they can visit and for asking if they can visit! This sort of abuse happens all the time on online games, networks, websites, E-mails and even real-life phone calls, text messages and letters! Better remove the ability to communicate!"

Future Updates?

The following updates would be great if they happened...

:p THE GOURMET UPDATE: Bored with only eating raw fruits, cake and candy? Had enough of only coffee and shakes? Confused as to why the supermarket sells no groceries? Frustrated with having to buy fake art from Redd just to eat something besides fruit?!
Well, no more of that! Introducing The Gourmet Update! Now you can:
-Give new meaning to your cooking appliances by preparing food with them! Combine ingredients and make something yummy!
-Buy candy at the convenience store, raw ingredients at the supermarket, meals at the Roost and more!
-Expand the coffee shop! Can you say bakery, diner, and resturant?
-Have a drink! Would you like some freshly-squeezed fruit juice? Or some tea? Or perhaps a soda, smoothie or good ol' water...
-Consult your fellow gourmets! Villagers may take an interest in the joys of cooking and share a recipe or two with their pals!

:cool: THE GRAPEVINE UPDATE: It was pitiful. Players would open their gates, wait for 10 minutes, close their gates and check the list. Meanswhile, the other player would check their list as the first is waiting for theirs to load, and open their gates while the other gates are open. They would then close theirs, just before the first checked their list, to check THEIR list.
It was miscommunication. And it was BAD.
Then, Nintendo said, "Let there be personal messaging!" And so it was. And the community saw that it was good.

:D THE LIKE-A-LOOK UPDATE: I once was blindspotted, but now I see south! Introducing the option to view the world from whole new... Well, not new, but new for this game... point of view! See that ^ button, the one you use to straighten your view? Well, press it to switch to a top-down perspective! Enjoy the wonders of seeing equally in all directions! Never scare away a beetle you didn't see, despite it being a mere 1 metre south of you, ever again! Want to see the beautiful night sky, check the weather or see the meteors? Easy! Pressing ^ cycles between Top-Down view, the signature New Leaf view, and flat view! Alternatively, if you own a NEW 3DS, the Z buttons work the same purpose! Enjoy!

;) THE GET-A-LIFE UPDATE: Ever noticed how some days you make 10,000 Bells, but the next day can hardly put together two silver coins? Get a job, hippie! Contribute to society for once! Certain professions may become availiable at certain points based on what you're good at and who has the ol' "Help Wanted" sign hanging. All they ask is some effort, devotion and some time out of your day, and you'll get a steady pay for doing what you love! Now you can:
-Help out Timmy and Tommy! Sometimes, even two people can't do everything at once. And sometimes two kids need some time to just be kids! Wouldn't you like to run some tasks for a kid like them?
-Become a clothier! Poor Sable is being worked to the bone! You seem pretty well at this whole design thing... Have you ever dreamed of getting PAID to make pro designs?
-Entertain! Shrunk is worried that Club LOL is becoming a one-trick pony. And let's face it: it is. Compose music and fulfill your dreams of custom music! It will be a little hard at first, but keep working on what instruments, notes and such until the little song in your head becomes reality!
-Embrace the joys of cooking! If you find the help wanted sign in the window of The Roost or any of its upgrades, then sign up to become a shift cook! Now you can get paid, enjoy the job and see your friends enjoy your efforts! ...Or not. But if you got the job, you're probably good enough at the art.
-And more!

Last edited:
A larger town. There are just too many PWPs that I want, along with villagers and ideas for my town. Now that we can do more with our towns, we should have a larger town. It would also be fun to have a wider beach area so that we can fit houses and PWPs there as well.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It would also be great if we could just refresh the list of towns with gates open instead of having to talk to the monkey all over again xD

Last edited:
I wish that some character offered a path-placement service (like Leif offers the weeding service). I personally am terrible at placing them and it would be really helpful if someone else could do it instead, lmao.

i think it would be more pocket/storage space, being able to place trees/houses/pwp WHEREVER you'd like, and pwp's for the beach~

"Foreign diplomacy":

To encourage players to interact, mayors can now visit other towns and discuss exchange of Public Works Projects! Does your friend have the Drilling Rig, and you have the Pyramid? Now you can trade! Talk to Isabelle in the Town Hall of BOTH towns, and she will start the paperwork. The request will be submitted when negotiations have ended, when each mayor is back in their own town and the gates are closed. The PWP you trade away will be removed from your list of available PWPs. You can build this PWP later if a villager suggests it again (and once it's deleted, it's open to be re-suggested).

This would still make getting/building PWPs difficult, but it would make it less impossible.

More like minecraft
Upgrade village/town space
More storage
No 'rare' flowers, they should be easier to make
More stuff to do
Ect.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If you could properly best fruend and marry.
I wanna marry isabelle! Lol

If she and the mayir could do more!

- - - Post Merge - - -

i think it would be more pocket/storage space, being able to place trees/houses/pwp WHEREVER you'd like, and pwp's for the beach~

YES!

For it to be less impossible to make a glitch town!

- - - Post Merge - - -

The following updates would be great if they happened...

:p THE GOURMET UPDATE

;) THE GET-A-LIFE UPDATE: Get a job, hippie!
-And more!

Yeah!

Back